RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
mek

Overhead Cabinet Door

2017 bounder 35k the cabinets over dash the doors keep sliding open what is the fix we don't keep anything in there because the doors keep opening.
mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2019, 05:42 PM   #2

Have you tried cutting a strip of wood to fit in the track that would keep the cabinet doors from sliding? You'd have to remove it before opening the doors.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:48 PM   #3
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
I wrapped some tape around the catch (?) on my left side door. It is on the lower left. I need to do again.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:39 PM   #4

I had just the opposite on mine...the doors were a booger to slide open. I found that the plastic 'runners' the doors slide on was a tad crooked...I unscrewed and straightened and now they slide like they are supposed to. You may check the track and maybe/just maybe make it a tad 'crooked'.....slow the movement anyway.
16bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:48 AM   #5
CLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
2017 bounder 35k the cabinets over dash the doors keep sliding open what is the fix we don't keep anything in there because the doors keep opening.
We have the same issue with the left door. I lowered the bunk and got up there to look. Fleetwood built a support box that is to big to let the door fully close. I will have to grind it down about 1/4"
BOA #6616 Sunshine Roos
CLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:40 PM   #6

I just had this fixed by REV Factory Service in our end of warranty punch list.

There were two issues:
1. the slides were not level. The fix is to remove the door (you have to get up under the door with a small screwdriver to release the catches), and then remove/adjust/replace the screws to ensure the slides are level. If you have a loft bed, obviously it needs to be down to do this.

2. the wood trim on the loft bed was somehow interfering with our LH door latching in the closed position. They removed the trim, trimmed it down, and then reinstalled it. I didn't see which specific piece of trim it was, but they said they removed 1/2" of it!!!!!!
Bigfoot_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 03:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR View Post
We have the same issue with the left door. I lowered the bunk and got up there to look. Fleetwood built a support box that is to big to let the door fully close. I will have to grind it down about 1/4"
Oh there, that's the one, and our issue was with the LH door too! They took 1/2" off the support.
Bigfoot_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door