Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #1

Pace 37C TV Inverter??

I read the old thread on this subject but responses didn't seem to fit my situation, so I'm hoping there's somebody listening smarter than me!
I have an '05 Pace 37C with old-style TV's (one big one over dash, small one in BR), DVD/Sound system & VHS system. I SWEAR there is a small inverter somewhere so the TV's can be run off 12v when no shore power is available but I never tried it.
So, last week (long story) I inadvertently plugged the rig into a 230v outlet and fried the Converter (75A, under Washer/Dryer). Also fried the GFCI outlet in the bathroom. I've replaced the Converter and the GFCI, have 120v power everywhere and the 12v system seems fine also. All outlets (12v and 120v) checked and voltage, in correct phasing, is present, charger works too. The outlet above the dash (behind the DVD/VHS player, etc) which has a relay so you can't watch TV while driving also works and has 120v as do the outlets with the DVD, etc plugged in, BUT the TV's, DVD, VCR don't work. Is there an inverter somewhere where I can't find it, or did I fry all those too?????
JohnpORB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #2

The good news is the inverter does not have to be replaced.......there is no inverter.The rest of the electronics is toast.If they were plugged in,they were able to be turned on with the remote,therefor they were effectivly ON.

DIY Rear Panhard Rod
exrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #3

Well, not the answer I wanted,but kinda what I expected. Education can be expensive!
Thanks
John
Old 09-24-2011, 10:24 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Maybe not fried

Before you start replacing the TV etc it's probably worth checking the relay that controls the outlet.

Or even simpler, try plugging everything into a different outlet and see which works.

I put all of my electronics on a switched plug strip which stays off until after I've plugged in to the pedistal and made sure it's OK.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #5

Update:
I pulled the big TV in front (lots of fun, weighs 85lb!) and removed the back. There is a 6.3A glass fuse on the circuit board near the power inlet which was blown. Replaced it and TV works fine. Same exact fix on rear TV and the VHS player. The DVD/Home theater had a fuse near the same place and when replaced, the DVD now works, but the Home Theater sound does not. There must be a fuse on the amplifier somewhere but I can't find it. All components are same year Panasonic (2004).
My excuse to buy new digital flatscreens has gone away for now!
Thanks all for listening.
John
Old 09-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fuses

It seem unlikely that the DVD/HT system would have more than one fuse that would blow in an overvoltage situation. I would almost bet that another component got toasted before the fuse went.

The bad news is that it will be hard to find a new replacement that isn't digital. So far I have not been able to get a digital signal from my BlueRay to the rear TV, only Sat & digital antenna.

On the other hand, there's lots of folks here, myself included, who probably have the HT systems they took out when they 'went digital'.

Mine is a Sylvania and it's yours for the shipping if you want it..........
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #7

Thanks, Muddypaws. But I took the unit to a reputable TV Repair shop here in Puyallup WA. He is diagnosing now ($20) and will tell me Monday if it's fixable. Seemed to be an easier solution (he said hopefully) than redoing all the connections to suit a different unit.
John

Tags
inverter