Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2019, 10:57 AM   #169

Oh, that won’t for me, we have theater seating there. Hmm
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2019, 09:18 PM   #170

Back to the vacuflush toilets, does anyone know how the system determines that the black tank is full? Does it rely on the tank sensors or does it just shut down when the waste backs up to the macerator?
Old 03-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #171

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I was not aware that the vacuum flush system could even determine when the black water tank was full. I've not found any documentation that came with our unit that indicates that this feature exist. Has anyone else?
ser-2011-del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:57 AM   #172

Well, let me explain why I asked the question. Our black tank became full long before we expected it to, at least the tank level gauge indicator said it was and the flush indicator on the wall was red, so “do not flush”. We ran out and dumped and everything went green again. My assumption is that there’s a connection there and I’m trying to understand what it is, because when we dumped, it didn’t seem like we dumped very much, based on our previous MotorHome dumping experience.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:45 AM   #173

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChilerick View Post
Well, let me explain why I asked the question. Our black tank became full long before we expected it to, at least the tank level gauge indicator said it was and the flush indicator on the wall was red, so “do not flush”. We ran out and dumped and everything went green again. My assumption is that there’s a connection there and I’m trying to understand what it is, because when we dumped, it didn’t seem like we dumped very much, based on our previous MotorHome dumping experience.
It is my understanding there is a gauge inside the tank. We had the same issue, tank showing full when it really was not, the dealer said they had to adjust the gauge inside the tank, we no longer have this issue.
Xman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:21 PM   #174

Great, thanks. We’re taking the coach in for some warranty work in a couple weeks, we’ll add this to the list.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:18 PM   #175

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman11 View Post
Pace Arrow 36U. Looking for owners reviews, concerns, likes, dislikes, special orders and add ons for the 36U. I just ordered a 2017 36U.
Might want to check into it a little further, since real specs. are hard to obtain and they hide them as much as possible.
I did find where some of the 40ft LXE models had only a 2500 series transmission, so when fully loaded, the towing capacity was down to a mere 800lbs or so. However a smaller coach should spec. much better.
Most specs will say Allison automatic along with a lot of blah, blah, blahs, but not for what really counts.
It might say it can tow 10K lbs, but that's the hitch spec and might even be true if empty of everything and with the driver only on board.
Loaded for bear and pulling a PU truck over the Rockies on a blistering hot summer day, might be a different story.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 12:58 PM   #176

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My black water tanks has its level sensors stuck to the outside of the tank, just like the gray water tank. The dealer can adjust those by removing and reapplying the sensors. I'm not aware of any sensor to prevent overfilling the black water tank. Have you contacted Fleetwood support? As a side note, this morning I started to smell something that smelled like a port-a-potty. On investigation I found out that the bellows on the vacuflush pump failed and the pump was pumping most of its sludge into the bay where the pump is located, instead of the black water tank. After removing the pump and vacuum tank and spending the next three hours cleaning up all the human waste in my bay, I discovered that the bellows has been worn through in a couple of locations due to the buildup of calcium deposits on the inside of the pump housing. After contacting Dometics' preferred supplier and order a rebuild kit along with a pump housing, I was informed, by the supplier, that this is common after two or three years depending on use and the dissolve solids in the water, ie. calcium and limestone. I was told that I should plan on a rebuild every two years if I don't want this to happen again. We spend about seven months a year living onboard our bus.
I'm gong to investigate what would be involved in removing the vacuflush system and installing a couple of masarator toilets.
ser-2011-del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:29 AM   #177

Thanks for the info. I haven’t contacted Fleetwood yet, the dealership has been very good about that. There must be some sort of maintenance that can be done to maintain the vacuflush pump to prevent the catastrophic failure you experienced. I have heard of that one other time on this forum.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:58 PM   #178

Ok, I decided to measure the amount it takes for the toilets to stop flushing. I was able to flush 22 gallons of water before the toilets simply stopped flushing. If you assume.1 gallons added to each flush as described in the manual, that would mean our toilets stop flushing with only 24 gallons of water in the black tank. The black is supposed to have a 30 gallon capacity, so we’re a little short.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:01 PM   #179

New problem: we filled the fresh water tank and now we have no water to the inside of the coach. When I turn on the water pump, it pumps the water out of the fill connector. But no water in the house. Everything works fine on City water. Does anyone have any ideas on what may have caused that?
Old 03-10-2019, 08:00 AM   #180

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
When I turn on the water pump, it pumps the water out of the fill connector. But no water in the house. Everything works fine on City water. Does anyone have any ideas on what may have caused that?
On my Southwindd, the fill connection (City Water) had a check valve that prevents water from flowing back into the city water system. This check valve goes bad and water can now pump back out the city water connection. I now have a manual valve.

On my Ole Mirada, had the same problem. I bought a plastic plug and screwed it onto the connection when not in use.

https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Garden-H.../dp/B004RCUTFI

WINTERIZING

I suspect during the winter, water trapped in the valve may freeze and destroy the valve. Make sure to open / remove the plug when winterizing to get a little antifreeze in this part of the plumbing.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:21 AM   #181

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ser-2011-del View Post
I was not aware that the vacuum flush system could even determine when the black water tank was full. I've not found any documentation that came with our unit that indicates that this feature exist. Has anyone else?
With ours and once the red light comes on, it won't dump normally and one must hold the button down for an emergency dump. It is close to being full at this point and since we have a half bath, we can observe the level with the marine toilet. Anyone having the same can check if the indicator is correct or not, in the same way. I do believe the yellow light comes on a little prematurely and should probably be closer to the 3/4 mark maybe.
All in all it works pretty good, if not for the extra water usage.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:33 PM   #182

ser-2011-del...you know the vacuflush thing happened to us back july of 2017. i feel your pain and what you went through getting it fixed. hope everything is working now.

kenith46
kenith46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pace arrow, ace