Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2019, 12:55 PM   #197

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I've not found a source for ABS. However I have worked with PVC panels before. I've had problems with cracking under vibration and shock and fastners tend to strip with out too much torque applied. Its also not as stiff as the same thickness of starboard. To each their own.
ser-2011-del is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2019, 01:25 PM   #198

Ok, different topic. I have 4 ceiling lights that are not working. They donít appear to have a separate switch from the rest of the ceiling lights that work off a switch by the steps. Does anyone know where the fuse box is located?
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 06:36 AM   #199

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you are talking about the ceiling lights forward of the sliding door going into the bedroom area, that switch is located on the front of the galley cabinets, between the sink and range top. There should also be a fan switch and water pump switch at the same location.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:34 AM   #200

Yes! Thatís it! Thank you! I always miss those switches.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:38 PM   #201

36U Slideout system

I own a 2018 36U and I have been trying to determine where the access points are to do a manual override to retract a slide if it were to be stuck in the out position. The owner's manual has a diagram that shows the locations but no description on how to access them. I have searched YouTube and have found information but it does not apply to the 36U. Has anyone already figured this one out?
vgolec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:53 AM   #202

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The motor for the bedroom slide is located underneath the storage area under the bed. I believe on that slide you have to remove the motor and then manually push the slide in after the bed is in the travel position. The large driver side slide can be closed using a socket and ratchet. There is an access plate in I believe the second storage bin aft of the left front wheel. You have to remove the plate to access the motor. I"m not sure if you have to remove the motor to jack in the slide. Contact Fleetwood technical support and have them send you the diagrams for both slide systems.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:16 AM   #203

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
I own a 2018 36U and I have been trying to determine where the access points are to do a manual override to retract a slide if it were to be stuck in the out position. The owner's manual has a diagram that shows the locations but no description on how to access them. I have searched YouTube and have found information but it does not apply to the 36U. Has anyone already figured this one out?
These motors should have a lever on the the back for the electric brake.
The older ones were positional, while the newer ones were spring loaded, so as not to inadvertently leave them unlocked.
However it's unlocked, you should then be able to wrench it open or closed.
With ours and just like our old National gasser, the mains are in the basement, under the slide and the bedroom, is under the bed.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:23 AM   #204

Thank you for the information. I will check those locations to see if I can locate the motors. I have sent Fleetwood Technical Support a request for instructions on where the access points are located. They sent back two schematics and a Installation and service manual that I'm still reviewing. In their email back to me they said "In regards to your inquiry, the living room slide, the rams would be accessed under the slide room from the luggage compartments." but I have not confirmed it yet. I will provide an update after I have checked it all out. Thanks again for the help.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:33 AM   #205

Thank you for information. I will continue to look for the access points.It appears that I need to spend some time underneath the motorhome for the main slide access point.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:21 PM   #206

I located the access panel for the main slide on the driverís side. The motor can be accessed from the front driverís side third bay. Eight screws attach the cover plate. Once the plate is removed, the motor is accessible. The motor sets in the middle of the slide connected to two Ĺ inch square drive tubes, one running to the front of the coach, the other running to the rear. I was able to see the front drive tube where it connects to the drive gear and noticed there was not a sprocket to attach a ratchet and socket to in order to crank the slide back into the coach. Once I gain access to the rear drive tube I hope to locate a sprocket there. Pics are attached of the access panel, drive tube connected to motor, and drive gear connected to drive tube.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Access Panel 1.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	246064   Click image for larger version

Name:	drive tube connection.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	269.8 KB
ID:	246065  

Name:	drive gear.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	407.5 KB
ID:	246066  
Old 05-20-2019, 04:58 PM   #207

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I completed rebuilding the area on our unit that houses the vacuum pump and tank. Everything had to be reomved so that the old water soaked panel could be removed and the new starboard panel installed. Rubber fender washers wre used on both sides of the bolts going through the starboard to limit any leaks and a 20X30 inch dog crate based was used to house the pump and tank. So far everything is working fine. Photos attached hopefully:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190518_122632.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	246672   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190518_122653.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	246673  

Old 06-07-2019, 07:50 PM   #208

Wall covering issue in Ď18 36U. We have the wall covering ( ours is grey) on the outside facing walls separating and bubbling. Anyone else having this issue, and have you resolved it?
Old 06-08-2019, 08:49 AM   #209

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
ChileRick,
I have the Holiday Rambler 36U which is virtually the same coach. I have an '18 with the same wall covering. It sort of depends on where the problem is and how big an area. In our rear bath the small area above the widow that sits over the john it was separating in the corners nearest the storage cabinet and along that side. We were in a Menards (like Home Depot, Lowe's, etc., don't know if CA has Menards) one day and in their moulding dept. they had some pre finished rosettes and a mullion strip in what they called poplar gunstock. Matched our woodwork perfectly. I cut out the bad wall covering and then used my finishing air nailer and glue and put a rosette in all four corners and the mullion strip along the sides, top and bottom. I guess you could say I framed it in. It actually looks like it came that way. My original intent was to just try and smoothe it out and reglue it but ours was way to brittle to work with. We had another area on the rear bedroom wall. I think at some point during mfg. when they were adjusting/positioning the slide out it must have scraped the wall. Didn't pay much attention during our PDI (oops! my bad). Anyway, my DW is an artist of sorts and she mixed some of her paints and dabbed it on and blended it with the end of a fine paint brush almost like you were creating a dot matrix or pixelating. She did a great job though it took a while but you can't even tell. Hope this helps and good luck.
Dave
MoHo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:17 AM   #210

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wall Covering

The wall covering is available from Fleetwood parts in 1, 6, 12, and 24 inch widths and is sold by the foot. I've ordered both colors for my bus and have pieced in locations that have been damaged during cabinet installation. The wall covering is sticky back and the wall backing is wood. I've had only one small area come loose and I used some white wood glue to reattach the covering to the wall.

Tags
pace arrow, ace