Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2019, 11:31 AM   #211

So, every exterior wall in our coach has this problem. The small strip over the big drivers side slide, next to the entry door, the half bath above the window. We are still under warranty and have reported the problem to the dealership. Apparently, Fleetwood’s approved fix is to overlay the damaged area with another piece of wallboard. We don’t want that. So, in the half bath we were able to re-glue the wallpaper and then cover the top edge with molding from Lowe’s that matches perfectly. We couldn’t nail or screw it to the wall, however, because there must be metal or something there as we couldn’t even drill a pilot hole into the wallboard. so we glued the molding, I’m not comfortable that it will hold up for very long. Our plan for the wall above the slide is currently to simply apply molding to cover it all, but, I’d much rather just replace the wallpaper. What I don’t understand is if the wallpaper is available, why wouldn’t Fleetwood simply recommend replacing that? We also have an entire wall that is really badly marked up with a sloppy putty job, that they haven’t been able to clean. They are planning to replace the wall. Why wouldn’t they just re paper it? I guess I’m going to contact Fleetwood myself while we’re on the road and get some clarifications.

We’re planning on adding more molding and baseboard to the coach anyway, but, we can’t cover everything with molding.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2019, 07:06 AM   #212

A friend is having issues getting hot water to their faucets, I have checked the bypass valve under the rear bathroom sink it is correct and also the inline valve behind the hot water tank it only has 2 ways to turn, tried both ways, am I missing another valve? We are traveling together on a 6 week trip and he and I are trying our best to get them hot water....HELP
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:26 PM   #213

I’m assuming you’ve checked the obvious, switches on, if propane, fuel level. And I’m assuming that they had hot water yesterday. I have no other ideas, but there is a Facebook page “Fleetwood RV owners group” we’ve gotten lots of good information and help from. You might want to try there. Also, I’ve personally contacted Fleetwood through their website and received excellent help, although it took awhile for us to figure out our problem. Eventually we got the info we needed. Good Luck
Old 06-19-2019, 03:43 AM   #214

dblr, Are the valves for the outdoor shower shut off? If not, the cold water will feed into the hot water lines. We've had this happen to us.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:42 AM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChilerick View Post
I’m assuming you’ve checked the obvious, switches on, if propane, fuel level. And I’m assuming that they had hot water yesterday. I have no other ideas, but there is a Facebook page “Fleetwood RV owners group” we’ve gotten lots of good information and help from. You might want to try there. Also, I’ve personally contacted Fleetwood through their website and received excellent help, although it took awhile for us to figure out our problem. Eventually we got the info we needed. Good Luck
Yes propane and electric were both on we can feel the tank is hot and also hot water comes out when we use the relief valve. Thanks on Facebook will pass that on to them and we did speak to the factory tech and he came to the same steps to try we already tried. They have reached out to General RV and will get it looked at Monday in Mi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridemist View Post
dblr, Are the valves for the outdoor shower shut off? If not, the cold water will feed into the hot water lines. We've had this happen to us.
Yes I read about that doing research about this and saw that so checked them as well, thanks for the tip.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:18 AM   #216

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had the same problem this spring, all I could get out of any of the hot water facets was warm not hot water. What I found was that the mixing valve on the back of the hot water tank was filled with hard water deposits. I remove the valve and socked it in a warm mixture of water/vinegar over night. Replaced the valve and everything worked fine.
ser-2011-del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:31 PM   #217

Ditto here also, no hot water. Found outdoor shower valves turned on. Turned them off, then beat the dog for it. Ok not really but was washin the sand off the mutt and I left them on.
bfiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:03 AM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser-2011-del View Post
I had the same problem this spring, all I could get out of any of the hot water facets was warm not hot water. What I found was that the mixing valve on the back of the hot water tank was filled with hard water deposits. I remove the valve and socked it in a warm mixture of water/vinegar over night. Replaced the valve and everything worked fine.
Ok might try that as I have checked every thing else, was trying to avoid taking the valve off but by now don't see anything else that would restrict the flow for hot water, thanks again.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:00 PM   #219

We discovered a problem waiting to happen this morning when we accessed the underbed area. It appears as though the rollers that are attached to each corner of the foot of the bed frame To facilitate the retraction of the bed for traveling Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1105.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	261.4 KB
ID:	250678are pulling loose from where they are attached by 2 screws at the bottom. Has anyone had this happen on their bed? How have you repaired them? How did the dealership/Fleetwood repair them? Here’s a picture:
Old 06-21-2019, 01:45 PM   #220

Response to dblr and no hot water

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Ok might try that as I have checked every thing else, was trying to avoid taking the valve off but by now don't see anything else that would restrict the flow for hot water, thanks again.

for us it was the mixing valve, however we were slowly losing hot water over a period of time, so had found the fix online. i believe you said hot water was lost immediately. if it is not the outside shower valves left on, and you are telling us that the hot water heater is producing hot water, then debris in the mixing valve is probably the issue. i was able to get to ours in the master bath beside the toilet. take the panel off and you can see the backside of the hot water heater and the mixing valve.
kenith46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 08:10 AM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChilerick View Post
So, every exterior wall in our coach has this problem. The small strip over the big drivers side slide, next to the entry door, the half bath above the window. We are still under warranty and have reported the problem to the dealership. Apparently, Fleetwood’s approved fix is to overlay the damaged area with another piece of wallboard. We don’t want that. So, in the half bath we were able to re-glue the wallpaper and then cover the top edge with molding from Lowe’s that matches perfectly. We couldn’t nail or screw it to the wall, however, because there must be metal or something there as we couldn’t even drill a pilot hole into the wallboard. so we glued the molding, I’m not comfortable that it will hold up for very long. Our plan for the wall above the slide is currently to simply apply molding to cover it all, but, I’d much rather just replace the wallpaper. What I don’t understand is if the wallpaper is available, why wouldn’t Fleetwood simply recommend replacing that? We also have an entire wall that is really badly marked up with a sloppy putty job, that they haven’t been able to clean. They are planning to replace the wall. Why wouldn’t they just re paper it? I guess I’m going to contact Fleetwood myself while we’re on the road and get some clarifications.

We’re planning on adding more molding and baseboard to the coach anyway, but, we can’t cover everything with molding.

Just an update: I found a thread on wrinkled wallpaper in the Newmar owners forum. They used a heat gun and a straight edge. We tried a hair dryer and a plastic spackle knife, on a small section of our wall and it seems to be working!
Old 06-23-2019, 05:18 PM   #222

Fleetwood Owners Club
VacuFlush failure! Yep our vacuflush for the toilet system failed and when it did it created a hazmat clean up!
Thanks to this sight we found the parts at: Www.marinesan.com
They also put us in touch with a marine mechanic in Portland, shipped the parts directly to the shop and we were back on the road in 2 days.
Our pump, duckbills and bellows were fine. Inside the pump are 2 o-rings, one of the o-rings failed and when it did the pump spit waste out the top of the bellows and all over the basement compartment.
The mechanic said the o-rings are a pain to line up of you don't know what you are doing. A simple little part turned our coach into a stinky waste mess.
Xman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:11 AM   #223

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
MrsChilerick,
I have a Holiday Rambler Navigator XE 36U and it's a twin of your coach. I had the same problem with the roller housing as you call it. All I did was put a clamp over the front of the housing (which is solid all the way across at the top) and the rear support board of the bed box. This allowed me to draw it back tight into the corner. Then I just took a 6" long 1 X 2 and screwed it to the inside walls of the bed box, left and right, just in front of the roller housing. Now it can't move. Been fine ever since.
Dave
MoHo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:19 AM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenith46 View Post
for us it was the mixing valve, however we were slowly losing hot water over a period of time, so had found the fix online. i believe you said hot water was lost immediately. if it is not the outside shower valves left on, and you are telling us that the hot water heater is producing hot water, then debris in the mixing valve is probably the issue. i was able to get to ours in the master bath beside the toilet. take the panel off and you can see the backside of the hot water heater and the mixing valve.
I agree with you on the mixing valve being clogged, I could feel it and sometimes it is hot. Now are you ready for the fix he got at the dealer??? First let me say they bought from General RV in Va. and the General RV in Mt. Clemmins Mi was able to get them in, kudos to them. They said the valve under the bathroom sink was in the wrong position, now all of us checked and set that valve to the correct position and we tried the valve inline either way with no luck, I think the crappy roads in Mi dislodged anything that was clogging the valve, either way it is working and they are happy, thank you for all the help everyone provided, Happy Camping and safe travels to all. Oh and by the way the tech said there are only 2 valves in this system.

Tags
pace arrow, ace