Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2019, 08:33 PM   #225

Fleetwood Owners Club
The interior light switch on the wall when you enter, the reading lights over the driver and passenger, the porch light and led awning lights have all stopped working. Any suggestions on what it might be? Could be a fuse but I cannot locate the fuse panel for these items.
Xman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2019, 09:27 PM   #226

See if you have a ground fault tripped. You'll have at least one, in the bathroom prolly.
Regwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:59 PM   #227

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regwal View Post
See if you have a ground fault tripped. You'll have at least one, in the bathroom prolly.
Thanks for the suggestion but it is not a ground fault.
Xman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:12 AM   #228

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
vac u flush

I have just bought my 1st vac u flush rv. question should the system hold vacuum or should the switch be turned on & off as needed? is losing vacuum a sign of something wrong?
Kevan & Rebecca 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:06 AM   #229

We turn ours off when we leave the coach. We do that Incase there is something unseen left in the toilet that may cause it to run the pump intermittently and fill the black tank. We leave it on when we’re there.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:26 AM   #230

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
mine keeps cycleing every 4 or 5 minuets like it is loosing vacuum. guess something is wrong.
Kevan & Rebecca 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
Old 08-30-2019, 12:59 PM   #231

Sounds like something is stuck in the seal area. Try cleaning it out, even the smallest thing can cause a problem. We’ve also found that doing a thorough black tank flush can help. We also stopped using Happy Camper. We love that stuff, but our pump started to run without shutting off for more than 2 minutes. We ran a lot of clear water through the toilets and then a thorough black tank flush and it’s been fine ever since.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:45 PM   #232

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
thanks, I will try cleaning the ball valve seal tonight and flush out black tank asap.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:20 AM   #233

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
VacuFlush

Even when our DP was brand new, the vacuum would only hold for about 12 hours, so we got into the habit of turning the vacuum pump off when we left the bus or went to bed at night. Another problem that will cause the pump to cycle or not turn off is the vacuum switch. If toilet paper or fecal matter accumulates on the inside of the switch it does not function properly and has to be removed and cleaned. Holding a vacuum for a long period of time is almost impossible on the system that is installed on these units. The fitting and seals are not of a quality that will allow for a perfect seal to prevent leaks. My next project is to figure out how to put a second pump switch in the half batch so the pump can be turned on and off from both locations.
ser-2011-del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:46 AM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaBull View Post
I have just bought my 1st vac u flush rv. question should the system hold vacuum or should the switch be turned on & off as needed? is losing vacuum a sign of something wrong?
Our vacuflush will hold pressure over 24 hrs and we usually leave it on all the time. I had to do a lot of work to get it to this point. I replaced the duckbill valves and double clamped all connections. I also replaced the seals on both toilets and adjusted the pressure sensor. We always make sure there is plenty of water in the basin prior to flushing and when not in use. Hope this helps.
Old 08-31-2019, 02:43 PM   #235

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
think I will just keep turning mine off rather than take a chance on making it worst. my pump in way back in a hole under the slide and can only access with slide out, my head is hurting already.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:07 PM   #236

If after a thorough cleaning, the bowl doesn’t hold water, and the pump keeps running intermittently, have it looked at, something is wrong. Ours works just fine if nothing is stuck in the seal. The Happy Camper tank treatment seemed to “gum up the works” once we got that cleaned up,we’ve had no more problems. We do turn off the toilets when away from the coach in case something is caught up in the seal and might cause it to run while we are out. I think the key is to keep everything really clean.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:55 PM   #237

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman11 View Post
The interior light switch on the wall when you enter, the reading lights over the driver and passenger, the porch light and led awning lights have all stopped working. Any suggestions on what it might be? Could be a fuse but I cannot locate the fuse panel for these items.
my awning leds were not working, I unscrewed the switch and found inline fuses inside. I'd check that
Old 09-02-2019, 06:27 AM   #238

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Cool

the bowl holds water for at least 12 hours so I am thinking either a loose hose clamp/fitting or as you said just a gummed up system. it would be hard to find a worst place to mount the pump and other parts, but I will try to climb in and over to tighten and check what I can get to. No idea what the PO used in the system but I am guessing not anything, the coach doesn't appear to have been lived in.

Tags
pace arrow, ace