Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2017, 09:15 PM   #57

question for ser-2011-dei on using the vac pump manually.

I read with interest your reply about the vacuflush not working above 2500 ft. As you know we are in the process of having our vacuflush replaced. We also will be traveling within the next few weeks to the Northwest where we will definitely be above 2500 ft, and some areas close to 4000 ft. Would you be able to share with me the person at Fleetwood CS you spoke with that knew this was an issue? I would like to speak to them and see if we can stop the installation of a vac pump which will not allow us to use it above 2500 ft, but instead put in a different type of pump.

Also, i am not familiar with what you and others are saying when you say you use the system on manual, or control the pump manually from the master switch in the back bathroom. Am i turning off the switch but the system will still flush? A little confused.
Thanks,

kenith46
kenith46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2017, 04:50 PM   #58

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
New question! Hubby and I have finally secured covered storage with electric. How and where do we connect to trickle charge. As always this forum is so informative. Thanks all!
Dschob724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:25 PM   #59

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dschob724 View Post
New question! Hubby and I have finally secured covered storage with electric. How and where do we connect to trickle charge. As always this forum is so informative. Thanks all!
I would like to know too. My husband bought a portable solar charger, I connected it directly to the house batteries and it didn't work. I'm wondering if I have a conflict with my portable solar charger and the permentanly installed solar. (RV is under a carport so permanent solar can't keep batteries charged when it is parked between trips)
Xman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:31 AM   #60

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Trickle charge on batteries

When we visit in-laws, they do not have a 30/50 amp connection for our motorhome. I use a 50 to 30amp and 30 to 15 amp reducer so that I can plug the motorhome into a standard house plug. The batteries stay charged through the on board charger and I'm able to leave the refrigerator running. I open the breakers for the A/C units and microwave to make sure nothing tries to start. I've run this way for up to two weeks. NOTE, we're noting living on board during this time, just keeping the refer running and the batteries charged.
ser-2011-del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:52 AM   #61

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a Pace 38k with the vacuflush system. Our control board had to be replaced within the first 2 months but has been perfect since then. I had not heard of the 2500 ft limit but we have been in Denver for 2 weeks and above 2500' for 6 weeks with no problems
Old 07-15-2017, 12:21 PM   #62

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Ok Pace Arrow 36u owners. Drove six hours. Set up camp and the darn bed won't open. No noise nothing. Help!!!
Dschob724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:42 AM   #63

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Check the switch on the wall. I've had a couple of items not work because the wires were not firmly attached to the back of the switch. If they look OK, verify that you have voltage to the motor. There is a magnetic switch at the top of the bed, but this controls the slide. The bed has to be in the stored position before the slide will work. You can also check the control unit that's under the bed, in mine, it on the left had side under a panel. Verify power to the control unit and try to run a calibration on the unit.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:07 PM   #64

Fleetwood Owners Club
Update... we've used the 36U a number if times and had it back to the dealer for a number of small issues. The dealer keeps telling us the vacuflush is working properly but I truly don't believe that it should randomly turn on for no reason. We keep the vacuflush turned off when we can but that is troublesome when traveling because we have to climb over the master bed to get to the switch. We are going to see if we can put a 3 way switch so it can be turned on or off from either bathroom. We replaced the in dash stereo and speakers and are much happier with the replacement. Newest issue after a week long trip is the fridge door look won't hold and the door swings open when traveling.
Question...shouk both air conditioners work when plugged in to 30 amp?
Xman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:54 PM   #65
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Both my ACs will work on 30 amp however if the electric hot water heater is actually heating at the time and or if the microwave gets turned on look out it will kick the circuit breaker off.

If it's really hot out I turn the HW heater off and staggered the temperature settings so they don't both try to kick on at the same time, also if the settings are low enough so as to be unobtainable then they never get to try and restart.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:46 AM   #66

Fleetwood Owners Club
After a month in Denver we went to leave and now our bed is stuck! I ended up removing the screws to get the thing back in position and made it to Kansas City. Now that we have several stops planned that are for a few days or less, I now have to figure out how to get it repaired. I call Fleetwood because we will be in the Decatur area next week but of course they are booked till the end of October
Old 08-23-2017, 06:30 AM   #67

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When you say stuck, is the motor trying to turn on at all? If not, check for voltage at the switch. If power, you have not blown a fuse. IF OK, check the control unit under the bed for power and loose connections, this controls the motor. If you have power all the way up to the motor, then the motor is most likely bad.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:49 AM   #68

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have power, The bed will only go so far and stop. I cleaned all the tracks and do not see anything that blocks it. I think it is no aligned properly and will attempt to straighten today
Old 08-24-2017, 06:13 AM   #69

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If the bed is moving but not going all the way up or down the control unit needs to be recalibrated. If you do not have the instructions, they can be downloaded from the web.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:16 AM   #70

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ser-2011-del View Post
If the bed is moving but not going all the way up or down the control unit needs to be recalibrated. If you do not have the instructions, they can be downloaded from the web.
I did calibrate it but the tracks are stripped. I have to "help" the to retract. Trying to get into a dealer is the hardest part when you full time.

Tags
pace arrow, ace