Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2018, 08:31 AM   #127

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenith46 View Post
Hi xman11...you actually answered this back in May of last year. However, I really appreciate the link to the Wynn's about heating and cooling your RV. We have been very flustered when first trying to use the heat pump to heat. Reading they do not work when temp is below 45 F makes all the sense in the world. We seem to be doing OK with the a/c, however we have invested in a couple of electric heaters, along with the fireplace heater, and this has kept us just fine and toasty, better than we would have ever expected. Thanks again.
[emoji106]
Xman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2018, 03:12 PM   #128

36U (2018) Vacuflush

Our Vacuflush stopped working on Friday afternoon. It would, of course, happen after Fleetwood have closed for the weekend. I have seen other posts and got help from various people that indicated that there was a breaker mounted on the wall in the bedroom behind the drawers. (I think it may be better to call it a reset switch rather than a breaker). Elsewhere on this forum, for example, there is a great picture of where this is found on a Bounder. However, that is not where ours is.

This morning I got hold of Fleetwood and they quickly directed me to the correct location. On our 2018 Pace Arrow 36U, the Vacuflush reset is on the driver’s side rear-most compartment, just in front of (and in the same compartment as) the chassis batteries. This is the compartment with the battery control center (picture 1). Do not open the battery control center, but look just to the left, and you will see a 1” by ½” block with two terminals/studs (picture 2). I have included a close up of this block, which is the Vacuflush reset terminal (picture 3). On one end (on the bottom on mine) there is a tiny little 1mm button (you can almost see it in picture 4). Press that and the Vacuflush system is reset.

So, after a weekend of having to use alternatives to our on-board toilets, one simple press of a tiny little button and we are good to go (so to speak). Fleetwood technical support was excellent and quick, I just wish they were available closer to 24/7.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VF1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	355.3 KB
ID:	207636   Click image for larger version

Name:	VF2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	360.7 KB
ID:	207637  

Click image for larger version

Name:	VF3.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	438.4 KB
ID:	207638   Click image for larger version

Name:	VF4.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	478.9 KB
ID:	207639  

CMichaelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:18 AM   #129

Thanks Colin!

Excellent info to have along with the pictures. Thanks again!
kenith46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:38 AM   #130

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks for the post and pics Colin. I've been following this thread regularly since I have the Holiday Rambler 36U which is virtually identical. I think one of the problems is the owners manuals, so much stuff not even mentioned in them. My old Forest River gasser manuals had EVERYTHING in them. My HR manuals not so much.
Dave
MoHo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:54 AM   #131

Fleetwood Owners Club
Excellent post Colin, thank you for including the pictures! I've printed this out and put it in my owners folder incase this happens while I am no the road with no internet access!
Old 06-25-2018, 11:34 PM   #132

Questions about Atwood GE water heater mixing valve

Called Dometic/Atwood CS today and visited about our hot water is only slightly warm. I told them I had already checked the water in the WH and it was much hotter, what should be expected. She said I should take the mixing valve out and soak in white vinegar. I have pulled drawers out in the master bath and only see the pex water lines. Not sure how to get to this mixing valve. Have read the instructions on shutting everything down and letting it cool before attempting, just trying to figure out how to get to the WH mixing valve.Has anyone had experience in locating this mixing valve, cleaning it, or replacing it? Thanks.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:50 PM   #133

Fleetwood Owners Club
Water Heater Mixing Valve

In my coach (a 36U) the mixing valve was located behind the panel immediately to the right of the rear toilet. There are four screws holding the panel in place. Remove those and remove the panel, and then you will have to move a heating duct out of the way. With a flashlight you will be able to see the valve. If you are extremely agile you will be able to reach it and remove and clean. Being ambidextrous and or double jointed would be a plus. I had an RV tech do this under warranty and he just replaced the valve. Hope this helps.
Jay Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:20 AM   #134

Hot water

So this happened to me also, I had hot water in master bath, no where else. I found the hot and cold on outdoor shower-kid rinser, was turned on. Not shooting water,just both hot and cold turned all the way on. Once i turned them off, 2 minutes later, hot water in the kitchen. Cant explain why just fixed it. Give it a try
bfiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:45 AM   #135

Atwood GE water heater mixing valve

Thanks so much Jay Zero and bfiracer for your answers. I checked to ensure the valves outside were closed, and they were. When I looked at the wall in the master bath I could not believe I had overlooked the four screws holding that panel in. So, that is the ticket. I will pull that panel and see if it is a project I want to tackle. Thanks again to you both. Really appreciate this forum.

k
Old 06-30-2018, 08:18 AM   #136

Fleetwood Owners Club
No shore power. We are plugged into shore power, blue light on the power cord shows power is coming from the source however there is no electrical inside the RV. I checked all the breakers. What else? (I had power from the batteries/inverter so I did not realize I wasn't getting shore power until batteries went dead) any suggestions on what to check?

Sent from my SM-G930V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 06-30-2018, 12:27 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman11 View Post
No shore power. We are plugged into shore power, blue light on the power cord shows power is coming from the source however there is no electrical inside the RV. I checked all the breakers. What else? (I had power from the batteries/inverter so I did not realize I wasn't getting shore power until batteries went dead) any suggestions on what to check?

Sent from my SM-G930V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app

XMAN, check your auto transfer switch as that controls power coming in from shore power. Perhaps only one side is bad. If you fire up the Ginny and you have power,
that will be the issue. Had mine covered under warranty.
If the Genny works, you can do a quick swap of the wires from the shore side to the genny side. Sailguy252
Sailguy252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:03 AM   #138

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailguy252 View Post
XMAN, check your auto transfer switch as that controls power coming in from shore power. Perhaps only one side is bad. If you fire up the Ginny and you have power,
that will be the issue. Had mine covered under warranty.
If the Genny works, you can do a quick swap of the wires from the shore side to the genny side. Sailguy252
Ended up being a bad dog bone. The power cord appeared to be receiving the shore power because the blue lights were on. Once we swapped out the dog bone everything worked fine.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:52 PM   #139

Xman11, glad to hear you got it worked out. Sailguy252
Sailguy252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:11 AM   #140

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A/C units not running

I've started having a problem with both the zone 1 and 2 A/C units, they start, but do not continue to run. I've checked the EMS (Energy Management System) and it does not indicate any load shedding. The A/C fans start, but the compressor only runs for about 15 seconds or less before it stops. Has anyone else seen this problem or a problem with the A/C - Heater control unit?
ser-2011-del is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pace arrow, ace