Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2018, 07:50 AM   #155

Solar

While covering my rig, I see solar connection on roof.Not in Battery compartment. I tried the Zamp 160w portable. Great system,very pricey. I did this because my cover is on and wanted something other than ac plugged in 24/7. It is great for keeping everything float charged and for my dezert trips. I also use it to charge other things at the house. I truly would like to add about 400w along with my 180 for my dezert trips. I dry camp the most. Would add the 400 to roof permanent.
bfiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2018, 10:02 AM   #156

Haven't decided on any particulars yet but will post as I get further along.
Jshealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #157

Bed slide limit switch you moved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshealy View Post
I had the same issue. I moved the bed slide limit switch forward a couple of inches (which was set to far back) and also trimmed about 3" from the side of the mattress. I also put electrical tape around the plug connection to bed slide motor. All seems good since doing these modifications.

Wondering if you took any pics of your work when you were moving the limit switch. After reading your comment I am interested in possibly doing this, as well. I have not pulled the mattress off to find it and wondering if it is on the left side of the bed when facing the bed? Any pics would be appreciated.
kenith46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:55 AM   #158

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If you're talking about the limit switch that notifies the slide that the bed is in the travel position before the slide is aloud to close, I removed the switch completely. Numerous times I had problems with the slide not wanting to close when the bed was in the travel position, every time the problem was traced back to the limit switch. Fleetwood support finally suggested that I remove the switch by simply cutting the wires and then twisting them together. I've not had a problem since.
ser-2011-del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:12 PM   #159

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161213_140226444.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	226149
Based on the way the moving frame is put together the limit switch was too far back and pulling bearings from vinyl guide wheels. I moved switch forward so front arm would not jamb into back arm forcing whole assembly upward. (Photo is a before pic)
Old 11-15-2018, 04:18 PM   #160

And who is okay with front cutains for driver and passenger! I changed these out to single roller shades after first trip! I thought curtains went out a decade or more ago!
Old 11-15-2018, 04:21 PM   #161

Thanks, I see the inputs on the roof, I am trying to locate the wires from them that you hookup to the solar controller.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:21 AM   #162

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailguy252 View Post
Xman11 - on our unit they are replacing the entire bed mechanism - there were issues with the mechanism not operating smoothly which led to the gears stripping and not moving the bed - we are in the process of having the dealer put new mechanicals in from Fleetwood. Bed should move effortlessly and if not may need to replace bed with one that is not quite as wide as the original. Will see when we get it back in a few weeks. We purchased from LaMesa and they have been great.
The mattress must be placed so it does not contact the sides or at the headboard.
Same mechanicals on my Discovery. I also went in, adjusted, added screws and greased the rails to work smoother. Found some decorative boards interferring. And wiring being pinched by rails.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:37 PM   #163

Bed slide limit switch replies.

ser-2011-del and Jshealy, thanks for your input and pic on the limit switch. Now we need to decide which to do. Thanks again.

kl
Old 01-12-2019, 03:31 PM   #164

question on the limit switch for the bed slide with a picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser-2011-del View Post
If you're talking about the limit switch that notifies the slide that the bed is in the travel position before the slide is aloud to close, I removed the switch completely. Numerous times I had problems with the slide not wanting to close when the bed was in the travel position, every time the problem was traced back to the limit switch. Fleetwood support finally suggested that I remove the switch by simply cutting the wires and then twisting them together. I've not had a problem since.

ser-2011-del, i have attached a pdf of my limit switch. i am hoping you will be able to take a look and see if the two green wires on the pic are the two fleetwood tech service had you remove from the switch, tie together, and problems solved. i know it probably is, just trying to make sure. appreciate your help (and everyone else, as well)

kl
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bed slide limit switch_20190112.pdf (1.75 MB, 47 views)
Old 01-13-2019, 08:13 AM   #165

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Your switch is different from mine. They used a simple magnetic switch on our bus, just like for the front door which controls the steps. Yours appears to be a reed or contact switch. Both should operate the same. You can test by unplugging both wires from the switch, tape them together, and then see if the slide will move. Don't move the slide very far with the bed in the down position.
ser-2011-del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:57 AM   #166

thanks for your help. what you have suggested seems like the best and easiest method for checking whether it will work. in my case, i will have the bed all the way up in travel position before pulling the slide in, just to be safe. thanks again for your help.

kl
Old 01-15-2019, 06:23 PM   #167

I’ve been looking for this thread. Just bought our 2018 36U. Currently on our 2nd short trip. No major issues, but what does anyone do with the cooktop covers when using the stove?
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:47 AM   #168

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChilerick View Post
I’ve been looking for this thread. Just bought our 2018 36U. Currently on our 2nd short trip. No major issues, but what does anyone do with the cooktop covers when using the stove?
I place them on the floor, leaning up against the wall between the couch and the bedroom closet
Xman11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pace arrow, ace