Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2005, 06:35 PM   #1

Would like to get some specific info on the 37A model. I have not been able to see a pic on the wardrobe area of these units. Seems to me from the floor plan that it is very small. Can anyone clarify this for me. Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2005, 06:35 PM   #2

Would like to get some specific info on the 37A model. I have not been able to see a pic on the wardrobe area of these units. Seems to me from the floor plan that it is very small. Can anyone clarify this for me. Thanks
Old 06-24-2005, 06:08 PM   #3

Just bought this model. We looked for a long time at all the different models. This one does not have a lot of closet space but what it does have is a great living room area. Especially if you get the double recliner option. It also has a large j lounge sofa. It's nice if you like to watch movies, there's a good seat for everyone.

May not be the best choice for full timers but for us It has been great.

zach
Old 05-12-2006, 12:48 PM   #4
MT

Agreed. We just got one too. Bought it for the living area and CCC. Not for the bedroom closet. If they hadn't put the Washer/dryer in there it would be better.

You don't need to crane your neck from anywhere to watch TV, and you can have all the company you want over and it's comfy. Just don't let them stay the night!
Old 06-06-2006, 03:53 AM   #5

What is the CCC on this model?
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:58 AM   #6

My '04 Pace Arrow 37C is in the shop for several things that I find quite offensive for whatI consider to be a pretty new unit. We bought in August 2004, indoor winter storage both winters, under 12K miles by us.

1) Packing for weekend, the left frontmost basement door would not close. Front hinge tore through. Support rod fought the closing of the door, and clearly contributed to the stress on the hinge as its the one directly on top of the support. This did some damage to the trim molding above until I removed it. Took both of us to get the hatch secure. Quoting the PA 2004 brochure
<span class="ev_code_RED">"Improvements abound! A redesigned front and rear cap, new luggage doors and hinge system"</span>
Dealer said out of warranty, this is my problem. Good Sam Extended Warranty will not cover either.
2)Better half went to remove something from the under bed storage in bedroom, and found the bed platform not square on the bed frame. We removed the bedding and mattress and found the platform had separated from the hinge on the side toward the rear of the coach. When we lifted the platform, the stress from the support rod ripped the platform apart on that side. Like the door, the support rod force would not permit our putting the bed back in place. This platform is constructed of pine 1x4's on the flat, with 2 sheets of luan like laminate glued and stapled to it with solid foam insulation fit into the sandwich. It is obvious the glue failed and then the strength of the piston of the support rod pulled it apart. I had to crawl in the storage area and remove the rod to get it to close, plus remove 3 dozen staples protruding from the damage so they wouldn't rip the mattress. Dealer said out of warranty, this is my problem. Good Sam Extended Warranty will not cover either. Again quoting from brochure <span class="ev_code_RED">"Let serenity be your theme tonight. Retire in grand style with Pace Arrow's queen size bed with pillow top mattress..." </span> Serenity my @#$!!

Frankly, I will would not let them fix this back the way that it was originally - if you have 2 adult people sleeping in this platform, this is not going to hold up the way it was constructed - truly a piece of junk. I will replace myself with cabinet grade birch 1/2" plywood.
3) Washing breakfast dishes Sunday morning, turned water on in kitchen sink, the facet head literally flew off the metal hose. Was using city water with my always present pressure regulator at the supply. Dealer said out of warranty, this is my problem. However Good Sam extended warranty is going to cover this.

I called Fleetwood and expecting that since their <span class="ev_code_RED">"...mark of excellence is a pledge of quality." and "Every Pace Arrow is inscribed with the Pace Arrow insignia as a testament to its enduring elegance, character and craftsmanship." </span> , I expected these obvious lapses in quality and craftsmanship would result in some consideration.

This is our 2nd Class A; our previous rig was an '02 Thor Hurricane, it was a nightmare. We thought the higher price tag and at the time reputation of the Pace Arrow would get us in a rig that was well made and reliable. We love the layout and the mechanical platform, but are getting pretty tired of the failures that occur in the coach and it spending more time at the dealer than with me. Is this the standard for RV manufacturers - not caring about quality and workmanship and then crossing their fingers for one year while they and their inept dealers stall you so they can then say tough luck?

Had planned on upgrading again when ready to go fulltime, but don't know if I'm up to putting up with another round of headaches from another unit.
Bob & Karen Burwell
Bbur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:00 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Bbur7 welcome to irv2
Sorry to hear of your problems as you said where is the advertized quality for the Fleetwood Pace
We all have some problems with a coach but if the basic construction is faulty then we are all in trouble. Some MFG'S can hide alot of faults.
Thank you for your post it will help some RV'ers on what they should be looking for when buying their next MH.
You sound like you can rebuild and correct the problems better and as they should have been when the coach was built.
Good luck in your reconstruction and their are coachs out there that can give you some satisfaction.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote