Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2019, 05:46 AM   #127

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So, as an expert sounds like you are going to need to pull up the anchor before driving so you don't get the grinding noise. Last time I tried to check the rears the wife and campground hosts were very upset with me!!!

Most likely you've picked up a rock in between one of the pads and the rotor. sounds like it is pretty imbedded so you will need to disassemble to remove it.

Good luck... I'd make some puns but the Blog Police are on my trail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Thread has been quiet for a while so I thought I would post something to bring it back towards the top of the list.

Going to have to take the coach for brake work, have a grinding noise. Thought it was the front but the rotors feel smooth and the pads (what I could see anyway) didn't look worn down yet. Haven't checked the rears. We're at a campground in central Indiana until August so no real hurry on it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2019, 05:12 PM   #128

Figured I would post some pictures of my bench seat upholstery work. The top edge of the seat back had a large rip in it with a small rip in the corner also. I replaced the padding foam while I was at it. It originally had 1/2 inch lower density padding, I went with a high density 1 inch padding. The two pictures below show the before and after look of it.

dbemowsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 05:23 PM   #129
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That’s a great looking upgrade.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:22 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
That’s a great looking upgrade.
Thanks. I love the way it turned out. I have a new found hate for staples though...LOL
dbemowsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:34 AM   #131

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbemowsk View Post
Figured I would post some pictures of my bench seat upholstery work. The top edge of the seat back had a large rip in it with a small rip in the corner also. I replaced the padding foam while I was at it. It originally had 1/2 inch lower density padding, I went with a high density 1 inch padding. The two pictures below show the before and after look of it.

new upholstery looks great!!! now on to the carpet.... Spot clean with Shout stain remover follow instructions and use a Bissle green machine with hot water only, no soap and the carpet will look like new... soap in the carpet attracts dirt.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:42 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobstah View Post
sometimes there are multiple switches. I have 3. One on my main control panel, one in the lav, and one in the bedroom by the sink.

jb
I also have one in bay where park service connects.
Regwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:46 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2true View Post
Hi all, try not to laugh too hard, but I inherited a 99 Pace arrow 37’ and am having some issues. For starters, we drove it from NM to TX (to get it to my home) and we were never able to get the water to work. We filled the water tank before leaving but I am guessing there has to be a pump that needs to be turned on??
Check water by-pass valve to make sure you have filled tank.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:59 PM   #134

I have posted this in two other forums. My '99 PA Vision blew a tire and took out a clearance light. I was checking for power and got one reading briefly. Now nothing, no marker lights anywhere. I replaced the marker light and checked wiring around and all looks ok, but still nothing lights. I cannot locate the fuse for this circuit to check. Any help on these lights and location of fuse is appreciated. Diagram on main fuse box shows nothing for truck lights.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:30 PM   #135

Fleetwood Owners Club
Assume your tail lamps work and just running lights are dead. Might try mini fuse #12 in the Power Distribution box on the firewall. If you don't have a diagram, there are 12 mini fuses in the lower right-hand corner of the box. #12 is the top left of those. Owner's Guide says that is 'trailer tow running lamps' feed.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:26 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
If you don't have a diagram, there are 12 mini fuses in the lower right-hand corner of the box. #12 is the top left of those. Owner's Guide says that is 'trailer tow running lamps' feed.
That is a 3amp fuse in my box. I found it blown but didn't know what it is for. I replaced it but still nothing, unless it is blown again. Could you photo your diagram and send to me? I may have it in paperwork but haven't found it.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:49 PM   #137

Fleetwood Owners Club
Regwal, I forgot to ask. Is your coach a Ford or Chevy chassis? I found the fuse diagram in the little Ford Owner's manual that was with the other coach paperwork when I bought it. Book says it's a 20A fuse. Check it - if it's blown again you may have a short, possibly a wire damaged by the blown tire farther away from the light itself. Might want to check the wiring in that area for damage.

Curious - if that was supposed to be a 20A fuse and there was a 3A fuse in it, surprising the fuse hadn't blown long ago just by the amperage of the clearance lights alone...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 06-25-2019, 08:59 AM   #138

Dave, found the fuse you mentioned and it is not blown. Changed anyway. My coach is a 1999 PA Vision on a Ford chassis. Those fuse were hidden behind a bundle of wires so good I didn't think there was anything behind. All of them checked OK so I'm assuming the clearance lights was on one of them. I suppose checking wire from light to switch is next. Heading to mountians Thursday so once parked I'll begin tracing. Thanks for the input!
Old 06-25-2019, 07:24 PM   #139

I searched through (and cleaned out) all paperwork with this coach. In the PA Owner's manual it says there is a box with all chassis fuses located on firewall at drivers feet. I swear if I can see it! If anyone knows where this box is on a '99 PaceArrow Vision please help. Also I never found a diagram of the fuses and what they protect anywhere. Could it possibly be in the truck manual, which I don't have?
Old 06-25-2019, 10:02 PM   #140

Fleetwood Owners Club
OK my PA has a 'fuse panel' on the inside of the firewall at the lower left corner of the driver's side, easily visible and accessible from the (open) driver's door (beats standing on your head or trying to get past the steering wheel). It also has a 'power distribution box' on the outside of the firewall (may need to move a plastic tab of some kind to unlock the cover if I remember correctly). This panel has the #12 fuse I mentioned earlier.

I have an Owner's Guide in a blue vinyl zipper case (like you get with a car). Apparently you don't have one of those. The fuse diagrams and descriptions of which fuse controlled which circuit is in that. I can try to scan those pages for you if I can get the book to lay flat enough. (I was fortunate - the paperwork for just about everything in the coach was in a gray vinyl carry case when I bought the coach, including that manual.)
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision

Tags
pace arrow, ace