Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2019, 11:44 PM   #141

Talking

Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself as a first time and new owner of a vintage 1993 Pace Arrow 8.3L Turbo Diesel 36N with a 6 speed Allison transmission all mounted on an Oshkosh VC24 V-Line Raised Rail chassis. I've been lurking for a couple months, reading, listening and learning from many of the forum members. Fantastic folks here!

So much to do and while I am grateful to have all of the original manuals that came with the coach, there a still many questions related to the actual operation of various systems as installed by the builder. Note, the entire "owner's manual" is a mere 45 pages long.

Also the original owner did not have a complete accounting of the maintenance and repair documentation. So, I am methodically going through the coach inside and out to ensure she is mechanically sound and functional. So far so good!

Thanks for reading and hopefully I'll have some items of interest to post in the future along with the many questions I may be asking.
AZLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2019, 08:17 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
I can try to scan those pages for you if I can get the book to lay flat enough. (I was fortunate - the paperwork for just about everything in the coach was in a gray vinyl carry case when I bought the coach, including that manual.)
I will forever be in your debt if you would Dave!
Regwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 12:47 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
OK my PA has a 'fuse panel' on the inside of the firewall at the lower left corner of the driver's side, easily visible and accessible from the (open) driver's door (beats standing on your head or trying to get past the steering wheel). It also has a 'power distribution box' on the outside of the firewall (may need to move a plastic tab of some kind to unlock the cover if I remember correctly). This panel has the #12 fuse I mentioned earlier.

I have an Owner's Guide in a blue vinyl zipper case (like you get with a car). Apparently you don't have one of those. The fuse diagrams and descriptions of which fuse controlled which circuit is in that. I can try to scan those pages for you if I can get the book to lay flat enough. (I was fortunate - the paperwork for just about everything in the coach was in a gray vinyl carry case when I bought the coach, including that manual.)
Hi, I also would appreciate a copy of the manual, thanks. Mail foghorn229@gmail.com
Pace 1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:19 PM   #144

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi Regwal and Pace,
I sent you private messages with a link where I believe you can read and maybe download a copy of the complete manual. Let me know if you have any problems with it.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:24 PM   #145

New 2019 Pace Arrow 35E issues.

New to Class As and picked up our Pace Arrow today. On way home noticed some irritating consistent rattling coming from the left front next to the driver. Wife thinks she IDd the problem as the generator exhaust rattling off a bracket that it isn't attached to.

Have any of you experienced this in a Pace Arrow? Is there anything else that could cause that noise?
Nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:20 AM   #146

So since I did a before and after of my re-upholstery of my bench seats, I'll do another before and after photo showing the restoration of the dirty spots on the ceiling in my bathroom area above the sink and shower. You can see all the dark spots. Some time back I decided to buy these cleaning tablets that you dissolve in a sprayer full of water. To do the cleaning I used those as well as some hydrogen peroxide to try to kill any mold if there was any. I completely removed the inner skylight to get under the lip of that and to also clean the skylight. Quite obviously, the top 2 pics are the before, and the bottom two are the after.

May have to use this same stuff to clean the spots in the carpet seeing how well it worked here.
dbemowsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:19 AM   #147

I have a 1993 Pace Arrow that needs the motor that makes the drivers window go up. the problem is the previous owner took everything out of the door and threw it away. I would like to replace everything so the window would work again. The problem is, I have no idea what is suppose to be in the door. If you are replacing your window would it be to much trouble to take a picture of the inside of your door so I can see what is suppose to be in there? If you can you can email to fhuber1@roadrunner.com. Thanks
Frank 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:42 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace 1990 View Post
Hi, I also would appreciate a copy of the manual, thanks. Mail foghorn229@gmail.com
Thanks, but I did not receive the link. Please resend.
Pace 1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 04:45 PM   #149

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi Pace 1990. Here it is.

https://carmanuals2.com/brand/ford

This should open up to a list of Ford vehicles. Scroll down past the F-series trucks for the F53 chassis listing.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 07-04-2019, 10:31 AM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonniey View Post
New to Class As and picked up our Pace Arrow today. On way home noticed some irritating consistent rattling coming from the left front next to the driver. Wife thinks she IDd the problem as the generator exhaust rattling off a bracket that it isn't attached to.

Have any of you experienced this in a Pace Arrow? Is there anything else that could cause that noise?
When we picked up our ‘19 33D, we had a tremendous amount of rattles and squeaks. The generator exhaust sounds plausible and worthy of checking and securing as necessary. Also, check the overhead bunk assembly (chains), and even the generator compartment access door (the alignment on ours was way off, resulting in some noise while under way).

Eventually, I took apart my entire dashboard, found a few broken welds in the substructure (3/4” square tubing), the plywood top not secured. I reassembled everything with new welds, repainting (many of the welds were a rusty mess), through-bolting, cushioning with grommets where possible, and cleaned up the wire harness security as well.

Just got back from a two week trip, and the difference is incredible. Now that we can actually hear inside the coach going down the road, there are a few minor rattles left, but I will eventually track those down, too!

We like our coach, but it would be nice if Fleetwood or even the dealer gave an once of care to the quality of the products they sell in the first place. What an industry!

Congratulations and good luck with your new coach, with a little effort and time, I am sure you will get it dialed in, Steve.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:17 PM   #151

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thread's been quiet for a few days.

Had to take the coach in for a grinding brake noise. Turns out one of the pads is to the metal. Getting it replaced next week (we're parked right now). Got the estimate. Ouch. New pads, yes. Probably replace the rotor. Any good reason (aside from leaky seals or physical damage) to replace the caliper on that side?
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 07-14-2019, 09:05 AM   #152

Starting on my "list" of things to do after returning home from latest trip. Here are the most recent problems I could not solve while out and about:
1- Gen Set is surging. I think it is getting too much air with fuel while under load.
2- Parking brake is completely gone. Not happy with this $$$$. Almost gone when purchased several years ago.
3- Coach is not level. Front right spring seems weak. Looking for Spring Shop.
4- Have not solved marker lights problem yet.
5- TV Geek said internal cables outdated and needs new ones. Looking at how to replace them. Now using newer type cable from Ant/cable source to TV through DS window. Too big of project while on road.

Always something! Life is good!!!
Old 07-14-2019, 03:12 PM   #153

Fleetwood Owners Club
As it turns out, clearance lights on my coach are wired with the parking lights (which explains the inked-in notation in my Ford Owner's Manual about the increased fuse size for that circuit...).
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 07-15-2019, 08:23 AM   #154

PACE ARROW owners group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regwal View Post

4- Have not solved marker lights problem yet.

Dave, forgot to mention that original owner's manual was lurking in overhead storage. I went on a mission during a rain afternoon going through the coach one more time. Yes, it was in the least likely bin and the last one checked. Made my nap so much better. It is now in proper place with all other manuals and paperwork. Thanks for help with printing another one.

Tags
pace arrow, ace