Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2019, 03:20 PM   #211

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbemowsk View Post
That doesn't look that much tougher than the repair I did to mine. The trick would be to make a form to put the fiberglass over similar to what I did. As a release agent for the form to get the fiberglass off, I just used Vaseline and rubbed it over the whole form, and then put the fiberglass over that. You will probably have to take the whole cap off to do the repair though which might be hard. On mine, luckily I only had to take one side of the top cap off to repair it since there was a seam just past the backup camera.

As for the vertical trim, you might want to get some sheet metal screws that have a fender type head like these:

The larger screw head can then act as a clamp to hold the cap in place since your screw holes are torn out.

I assume you checked the RV salvage yards for the part. When I checked on mine, none of the salvage yards had that part, and fleetwood said that they no longer had the mold for my part.
Great FG repair shop in W Melbourne Fl. Repaired same thing on mine can't tell where it happened. Insurance cover it all. Call if you need their number. 321 999 4555
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2019, 10:32 PM   #212

Fleetwood Owners Club
Colaw has a couple of Pace Arrows with good rear caps but I really don't want to replace the entire rear cap (it's all one piece) if I don't have to.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:01 PM   #213

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well, not much happening here. Time to bump it back to the front page so it doesn't get lost...
Had another Pace Arrow (mid-90's?) here at this park a couple of days ago. Didn't get a chance to talk to them though.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 09-20-2019, 08:24 AM   #214

On my 1999 PA Vision, the front parking lights were discolored. A few years ago, after much research I replaced the headlights and decided to replace these parking lights now. Lo and behold my info that was compiled on lights has been lost. I'm thinking the file was deleted by mistake, that being another story. If any of you have this info I would forever be in you debt if you will share with me.
In the meantime I decided to try cleaning the existing front parking lights inside. After finally getting them out I was faced with how to get to the inside. I decided to fill them with detergent, slouch around until clean. This didn't work. I forgot to say both were half full with water and had stained the lens inside. Next I poured bleach mixture into both and left them soaking while I ran to hardware store for something to seal the lens with, should this bleach trick work. I decided on flowable silicone used for windshields.
After a couple hours I emptied bleach and began flushing with fresh water. The lens look brand new after flushing the gunk out. After drying the units good with compressed air and sunshine, silicone was applied to edges and allowed to flow into the cracks. I used a full tube for both lights.
I could not find a part number on lights. There was a sticker on each but printing has been long faded off.
Regwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 05:45 PM   #215

Fleetwood Owners Club
Unfortunately the parking lights are exposed to spray off the front tires. On mine the rubber sponge gasket on the light socket (an O-ring maybe - can't remember) was shot and the rubber boot had worked loose. I found a replacement for one of mine on Ebay. I believe they were listed for a Chevy Astro van. There is a small hole on one edge to allow humidity to escape (I think it was on the top - wonder if mine are reversed - not sure if they are handed or alike).
Will remember your bleach trick.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 09-21-2019, 07:19 AM   #216

A Chevy Astro rings a bell with me too Dave but I'm thinking the head and parking lights were from different vehicles. On my fix, there is no hole for humidity to escape now if it was close to the lens edge lol. I may have to drill one if any moisture is noticed.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:44 PM   #217

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well, this thread has been quiet for a little while now so it's time to post something and keep it on the main page. Unfortunately I don't really have anything to add at present. Hopefully this lack of activity means none of the Pace Arrow owners are having any problems...(that comment might get a response or two...)
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 10-04-2019, 12:29 PM   #218

On my 99 PA Vision the right side was always lower than the left. I first thought it was loading but that was dismissed after emptying out storage bays. I performed a "parking lot check" and determined the right rear leaf spring to be a problem. Ask around for suggestions but really nothing was offered. I called Peterbuilt and ask if they did springs and found out they used Horton Trucking so I visited them in Jax FL. After a through inspection they confirmed the right rear was lower with left still at factory specifications. Gave me price and appointment. What a difference the repair made to handling. I put this off too long considering how the couch drives now. Very pleased with their inspection of springs, bushings and suspension, front and back.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:40 PM   #219

Regwal,
That's interesting. My '06 PA (mine since 11/16) has always listed the same direction as yours did. Had it checked at the REV tech center in Coburg, OR, and they said everything underneath was to spec. I don't think they really understood why it was leaning. Another shop told me the lean is typical for PAs (or was it Fleetwoods in general?) of that vintage.
vagaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:02 AM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagaron View Post
Regwal,
I don't think they really understood why it was leaning. Another shop told me the lean is typical for PAs (or was it Fleetwoods in general?) of that vintage.
Vagaron, Take it to a "spring shop". I doubt a RV shop has the equipment or expertise to correctly level your coach. It sure made a difference in mine. I estimated mine to be 3/4 inches difference at axil level which would be quite noticeable at drivers eye level. JMHO
Old 10-10-2019, 05:53 PM   #221

Brand new owner 2000 Pace Arrow Vision motorhome on the west side of Houston Texas retired military bought a used motorhome doesn't run set for 10 years with bad gas thinking it needs a fuel sending unit already drained the tank nasty stuff debating on troubleshooting it cleaning it without having to drop it before I decide I will have to replace the sending unit only has 20000 miles engine does start run if I put gas in the air breather replaced a new fuel filter trying to troubleshoot it to get the fuel push to the front heading down to the parts store to get a loaner pressure gauge already did a trouble code po232 says that there's high voltage going to the fuel sending unit which tells me it's stuck or clogged at the filter inside the tank hoping to loosen it up before I have to drop it added 25 gallons of fresh fuel with a can of seafoam was able to get the gas to come to at least to the fuel filter but still does not I have enough pressure to bring it to the engine any suggestions would help. I checked all relay switches but I don't have an owner's manual so I don't know which fuel relay switch is the correct one to where I can bypass it and connect the fuel pump Direct any suggestions would help on what number it is I have read that someone said it was number 6 in the fuse box thanks and look forward to all your help

Dash48
Dash48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 01:02 AM   #222

Hello! Couple of questions.

Where can I find/purchase a service manual for my Pace Arrow? Where can I find a service manual for the Ford engine?

Is there an OBD I or II port in a 94 Pace Arrow?

Thanks!
C5c5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:55 PM   #223

2019 Pace Arrow 38K

I have a question on my new Pace Arrow 38k. On the control panel on the wall (Digital)When I turn to heat the bed room goes to heat pump but the living area stays on gas. Can you tell me how to get both units on the heat pump
HarleyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:46 PM   #224

Fleetwood Owners Club
New Question: when my large slide goes out, it seems to need a little push at the bottom with my foot to help out the last inch or so. Likewise, when I retract it, I frequently have to push from the outside to get the first inch or so of movement started. I met another PA owner who said he had to help push his slide in too. Do others have this problem with their slide? Is it a lack of lubrication problem or a misalignment?
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision

Tags
pace arrow, ace