Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2019, 11:01 AM   #225

I have and 85 pace arrow and know nothing about it. This is my first rv my husband got it for me and our girls because he wanted to make sure we always had something if we didn't have anywhere else and he wasn't able to be here. Well he isn't here anymore and we need it. I am looking for user manuals wiring diagram anything and everything to tell me how to use the things , repair them and maintain maintenance. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks and God bless
RebelAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2019, 11:25 AM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelAngel View Post
I have and 85 pace arrow and know nothing about it. This is my first rv my husband got it for me and our girls because he wanted to make sure we always had something if we didn't have anywhere else and he wasn't able to be here. Well he isn't here anymore and we need it. I am looking for user manuals wiring diagram anything and everything to tell me how to use the things , repair them and maintain maintenance. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks and God bless
Rebelangel, there is a link in the intro part of the forums that has a section that has owner manuals.

I am looking for sevice manuals and wiring diagrams for my 95 PA and found some online. They were quite expensive for the paper manuals ($400+) so Im in process of trying to find the DVDs with PDFs. Ill let you know if I see your 85 too!
C5c5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:21 PM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
New Question: when my large slide goes out, it seems to need a little push at the bottom with my foot to help out the last inch or so. Likewise, when I retract it, I frequently have to push from the outside to get the first inch or so of movement started. I met another PA owner who said he had to help push his slide in too. Do others have this problem with their slide? Is it a lack of lubrication problem or a misalignment?
Well I lubricated my slides when I slid them out under the bed you can Grease the rails but I probably would think it is an adjustment I would YouTube it to see how to adjust the bed maybe bring it in 1 in so it doesn't go all the way out or all the way to the edge that way you don't have to assist it the other reason could be the batteries if they're not fully charged they would drain as it's trying to move the motor just a thought
Dash48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:31 PM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelAngel View Post
Found this.....it's a start...
Pace Arrow Brochures, Pace Arrow RV Manuals

Go to their website www.pacearrowclub.com and click on the FILES tab
and scroll down to the Pace Arrow Brochure 1985 which actually the owner's manual.
AZLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:27 PM   #229

Are cushion was under the bed when we bought it new
HarleyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:26 PM   #230

Quote:
New Question: when my large slide goes out, it seems to need a little push at the bottom with my foot to help out the last inch or so. Likewise, when I retract it, ...
Our '06 wouldn't pull in one of the slides all the way, either. When I had it in for some other maintenance, the shop fixed it and said it's just a matter of an adjustment underneath and making sure things are tightened up so it won't slip again.
vagaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 02:06 PM   #231

Fleetwood Owners Club
We're parked outside of Yuma for the winter now. I'll see if I can get in at Fleetwood next spring when we head back to Indiana.
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:20 PM   #232

Fleetwood Owners Club
Finally solved a minor problem (I hope) which was plaguing us for some time. Stuff had accumulated in the gray water drain line at an elbow past all the drains, causing water from the sink to back up into the shower, finally would barely run. Drain cleaner in the shower didn't work, just stayed in the trap then was too diluted when flushed with water. Tried a small drain snake but didn't help. Finally got up on the roof and dumped a bottle of drain cleaner down the vent stack, waited a bit, ran enough water to stand in shower and used a plunger at the shower drain. Apparently knocked it loose, drain seems to run fine now...no more grease down the drain for us, wipe stuff out with paper towels first instead...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
Old 11-17-2019, 03:31 AM   #233

Fuel Filler Pipe/Hose Size Mismatch

I lost the gas cap from my '06 PA and had trouble finding a replacement that fit. Since the filler pipe itself looked rusty and the hoses old, I found a replacement filler neck at GMPartsGiant.com, part #15721334.
(https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.c...roduct=2776501)
I decided it would be another thing I'd replace while I was at it. I'd also put in new sections of the 2 hoses (fuel & vent) while I was at it. Simple enough job, right?

I bought new hoses and clamps at NAPA sized to match the pipe ends on the new filler neck. Since the old sections of hose were clamped onto both the old filler neck and the next downstream section of pipe, I ASSUMED both pipes were the same size. WRONG!! The old fuel line hose was actually 2" and I had bought 1 3/4" which fit fine on the filler neck. After much struggling and expressing my awe of Fleetwood manufacturing while trying to shove the undersized hose into place, I gave up and went back to NAPA to purchase another couple of feet of amazingly expensive 2" ID fuel hose.

Now you may rightly wonder how 2" ID hose is going to work on the 1 3/4" OD filler neck on the other end. I hadn't really noticed when I removed the old filler neck, but the neck itself begins as a 2" pipe and then narrows (WHY??) to the smaller diameter. The original 2" hose had been shoved all the way up onto the 2" part of the neck, even though there's no detent ring up that far for securing the hose clamp. Oh well, I guess since it isn't a pressurized line there's no worry about it. So I did what Fleetwood did and clamped it at the 2" section. I don't think it's going anywhere.

The vent line had something of the same problem, but the size difference wasn't as great. So I was able (with more verbal compliments for Fleetwood) to shove enough of the 5/8" hose onto the downstream vent pipe to get a clamp on it. Whew! Hard part done.

But... there's still the matter of fastening the collar of the filler neck to the fiberglass. On that collar (the OEM and the replacement) there are pre-drilled holes at 3 & 6 o'clock. Admittedly they're too small and would have needed to be enlarged for securing the neck, but Fleetwood decided to ignore them and place screws at about 2, 6, & 10 o'clock. Fair enough it would seem, but as it happens the collar on the neck is not continuous. There is no collar material below a horizontal line tangent to the bottom of the filler pipe. In other words, the screw placed into the fiberglass at the 6 o'clock position penetrated no part of the collar and SERVED NO PURPOSE WHATSOEVER.

So I'll drill one or two extra holes besides the 2 upper ones Fleetwood already made just to tighten things up a bit. I'm also using bolts, washers, and nylon locknuts instead of the original screws. I don't want to mess with this part of the coach again.

Oh yeah, and the gas cap that GMPartsGiant.com said would work with the filler neck didn't. I finally got one that fits at NAPA (part #703-1722, non-locking).
vagaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:18 AM   #234

Fleetwood Owners Club
OK new and different electrical challenge

Right side turn signal won't work when parking lights are on, works fine when they are not (left side works fine). Dash indicator lights but does not blink. Front turn signal lamp lights (separate from parking lamp) but does not blink. Rear turn signal lamp (dual filament bulb) does not light. Tail lamp filament in that bulb works. Replacing bulb does not fix problem. Is it a good assumption that the problem is in the socket assembly? I will be tracing wiring with a voltmeter next week.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 12-03-2019, 07:00 PM   #235

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don't forget to check your tow trailer plug wiring for shorts or bad contact. In the rt turn wiring.
jaearhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:07 PM   #236

Anyone know where to find a replacement bathtub for a 97 pace? It's 34 inches and makes it impossible to find.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:11 PM   #237

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good point on the trailer plug. I don't believe I've checked the turn signals since I unhitched the trailer. That would certainly narrow down the problem area.

As for the bathtub, I can only recommend 2 options: start contacting RV salvage yards or see if your existing tub can be refinished. There are some businesses out there that specialize in used RV appliances and furnishings. Don't know if they would deal in bathtubs though.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 12-06-2019, 02:42 PM   #238

Quote:
Right side turn signal won't work when parking lights are on, works fine when they are not (left side works fine). Dash indicator lights but does not blink. Front turn signal lamp lights (separate from parking lamp) but does not blink. Rear turn signal lamp (dual filament bulb) does not light. Tail lamp filament in that bulb works. Replacing bulb does not fix problem. Is it a good assumption that the problem is in the socket assembly? I will be tracing wiring with a voltmeter next week.
Dave, I had the same or similar problem. Had many folks look and try to repair with zero results. I ran new wires underneath to solve problems. I upgraded my trailer and dealer sent me to a auto shop/store for brake controller installation. The installer ask what all the extra wires were for and I explained. He went under the dash for no more than 10 minutes, then started removing my extra wires. He told me the setup is the same as Crown Victoria(sp) and not many knew how to fix it. He did!
Regwal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pace arrow, ace