Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2019, 06:57 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
I’ve had no problem going anywhere with my 4500lb+ toad
JohnRR that’s a great looking set up in the photo. What year and model is that? Do you think I’m too overly concerned about towing a 3800 pound car, four down, with a 2018 Pace Arrow LXE 38K? It’s not a huge Escalade!!! It scares me to think of pulling the trigger on this deal and finding out I don’t have the right set up for towing anything. Currently my 09 Holiday Rambler does good.
Kbwahl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2019, 08:34 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbwahl1 View Post
JohnRR that’s a great looking set up in the photo. What year and model is that? Do you think I’m too overly concerned about towing a 3800 pound car, four down, with a 2018 Pace Arrow LXE 38K? It’s not a huge Escalade!!! It scares me to think of pulling the trigger on this deal and finding out I don’t have the right set up for towing anything. Currently my 09 Holiday Rambler does good.
Do some more research this is a starting point
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/pace...xe-380788.html
Dougsee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 04:40 PM   #101
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbwahl1 View Post
It’s a 06 38l on a W24 chassis with as many things as my wife can think of to load it down with.

Power and suspension are stock with no complaints about either of the systems, very stable on the highway.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:03 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
It’s a 06 38l on a W24 chassis with as many things as my wife can think of to load it down with.

Power and suspension are stock with no complaints about either of the systems, very stable on the highway.
Pulled the trigger last night on a 17 Fleetwood Discovery. Water under the bridge, so to speak. Thank all for the input
Kbwahl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:50 AM   #103
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
All that matters is that you got what you wanted, now it’s time to go and enjoy it.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:29 AM   #104

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
That is what really matters. Now take good care of it and enjoy this beauty. Send us some pictures and keep us informed of updates you make.
Cacique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 07:44 PM   #105

Fleetwood Owners Club
Whoa, no replies for a while. I'll post this to see if the thread comes back to the top some.
bought an OBDII scanner to try to figure out my idle (or lack thereof) problem. Says the EGR hoses are disconnected (wonder if technician may forgot to reconnect when the Ford dealer in Michigan fixed my blown out sparkplug). Now into the Ford shop manuals to figure out just where the EGR valve is on a V10 and what it looks like...(I'm a little fluent in 289 and 351 and a little more fluent in 292 and 312 but 6.8L is a new language for me...)
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:52 PM   #106

Ford Super Duty Owner
The EGR valve is mounted on the intake manifold. Its controlled by a small vacuum valve just below and to the right of the EGR valve in the photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IntakeArea_1_800.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	233257  
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:31 PM   #107

Retired Fire Service RVer's
New Pace Arrow 33D

We are fortunate enough to have recently purchased a 2019 PA 33D and are enjoying it so far.

Great floor plan and most importantly, it fits in the garage space we had left.

I haven’t completed too many modifications, just the first oil and fuel filter change, and tracking down an incredible number of squeaks in and around the dash.

At this point, I am getting ready to basically take the dash apart in order to reassemble it with some cushioning between plastic parts and through-bolting where possible.

I appreciate this forum and the information available here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	299DF075-4A5C-4D05-8D84-144F826A07FC.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	246075   Click image for larger version

Name:	CDA56E52-3281-438F-ADA4-B4997BF7E109.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	246076  

Bad Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:09 PM   #108

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2018 Pace Arrow new buyers issues

I purchased the new 2018 Pace Arrow LXE diesel in January 2019. we are very pleased with the performance , quality and comfort. we found the Dealer and factory had no QA/QC check sheets in the package. We did the walk thru and were to point out any discrepancies as if we are the experts on M/H's and catch me if you can before warranty expires. We ended up with two long pages of check off items for the service dept. All completed as ask without problems. several major issues were on Flush mounted bath window not sealed that took a return trip and two days. The home style refrigerator ice maker failed because of a pinched water line behind the unit. From MGF date to sales date was approx. 14 months, They refused to replace fuel and oil filters or change oil on generator and diesel engine as I saw MFG recommendations of 12 months or 6000 miles. The house batteries (4) were not fully charging , they replaced them but would not the two for the engine as they recharged and tested Ok. buyer beware with units on lots for longer periods of time. Some expendables are expendable by age as well as normal use. confirm MFG guidelines.
jaearhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:38 PM   #109

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
very nice unit, I bought a package of ty wraps and using them every where on all wiring and cables to help, not to have a inadvertent loose connection or rubbing against metal and shorting out. I bought packing materials to stuff in-between to stop squeaks also
jaearhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:33 PM   #110

Fleetwood Owners Club
Lost this thread for a while and just found it again. My rough idle problem turned out to be a loose vacuum line, something I was suspecting but just couldn't find the loose line (still used to working on pre-'68 cars, much simpler...).

Left Yuma AZ in early April with no brake lights, finally traced that to a dead switch on the pedal. At last an easy inexpensive fix I could do myself...all in all this has been a dependable coach with only minor annoyances.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:28 AM   #111

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Good to be back here again after a long time away.
Cacique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:57 PM   #112

Bad Larry
I did the same thing with the cushioning and quieted everything down. I also took the plastic off surrounding the windshield and sanded it down, stuffed insulation in the gap, nic and quiet now. I switched the rearview camera monitor and the radio for better control while driving. Have fun!
jrupinsk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pace arrow, ace