Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2019, 08:18 AM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcasson View Post
I’ve had this problem and it was resolved with a new fuel pump; however, I plan to place an adhesive heat shield on it to prevent future occurrences. Hope this helps...
I am curious what kind of heat shield you used? Did you wrap the fuel pump in the heat shield material, or did you place it between the pump and the motor somehow?
dbemowsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2019, 10:21 PM   #198

Fleetwood Owners Club
Time to post something to pull this back on the main page so it doesn't get lost.
Did a dumb thing today and damaged my rear cap (as in pilled one side loose from the coach and ripped off the bottom part). My fault completely. Time to learn fiberglass repair. Question: the inside of the cap has a black rough textured surface. Is this undercoating of some sort, paint or the actual fiberglass material? (I know, grind or scrape some off to see, but I was wondering if anyone knew offhand?)
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 01:33 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Time to post something to pull this back on the main page so it doesn't get lost.
Did a dumb thing today and damaged my rear cap (as in pilled one side loose from the coach and ripped off the bottom part). My fault completely. Time to learn fiberglass repair. Question: the inside of the cap has a black rough textured surface. Is this undercoating of some sort, paint or the actual fiberglass material? (I know, grind or scrape some off to see, but I was wondering if anyone knew offhand?)
I am trying to understand what you mean by the rear cap?
Old 09-02-2019, 09:12 PM   #200

Fleetwood Owners Club
The big piece of fiberglass that covers the back of the coach. It was fastened to the main structure by a row of pop rivets and a continuous metal bar. Caught the bottom part, pulled the whole right side free and tore off a big chunk of the corner below the tail lights. Assume it's repairable rather than getting an entire new (used) cap. Going to get an estimate on reattaching it, I'll work on the fiberglass repair myself. Or maybe I'll turn it in to insurance, just need to see the repair cost versus my deductible...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 09-02-2019, 09:25 PM   #201

Quote:
The big piece of fiberglass that covers the back of the coach. It was fastened to the main structure by a row of pop rivets and a continuous metal bar. Caught the bottom part, pulled the whole right side free and tore off a big chunk of the corner below the tail lights. Assume it's repairable rather than getting an entire new (used) cap. Going to get an estimate on reattaching it, I'll work on the fiberglass repair myself. Or maybe I'll turn it in to insurance, just need to see the repair cost versus my deductible...
IF it is just the flat back panel of the coach, I would think you should be able to buy a flat fiberglass sheet from somewhere. Just cut out the bad spot, cut a piece to fit and fiberglass the seam. It would definitely be easier than the rear piece I had to repair on my rear top corner. Can you post a picture of the damage?
Old 09-02-2019, 11:50 PM   #202
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Got any pictures you can post of it?
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:58 PM   #203

Newmar Owners Club
2005 pace arrow 36D water filtration system

Anyone know the location of the onboard filter for the water filtration system?...thanks
mikecav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:24 PM   #204

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
mine is in the dump station bay.
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:09 PM   #205

Fleetwood Owners Club
Will take a photo and post it. My rear cap has an offset below the tail lights. Also, the tail lights wrap partially around the corner. The part that came off was below and beside them (2 pieces). I will probably try to reattach those pieces myself after we get to AZ for the winter. The back side of the cap is black and very rough. I'm trying to figure out if that is an undercoating of some sort or the actual fiberglass (that color has me puzzled). I'll have to scrape some of the surface off to see.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 09-03-2019, 09:13 PM   #206

This was the repair job I did on the earlier pic of the upper back corner.

Had to make my own form for the fiberglass.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:39 AM   #207

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
great work, looks great. had to compare pictures to even know where the damage was.
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:45 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaBull View Post
great work, looks great. had to compare pictures to even know where the damage was.
Thanks. For my first ever fiberglass repair, I think it turned out great.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:22 PM   #209

Fleetwood Owners Club
Here, finally, photos of my torn rear cap. What doesn't show is the edge of the cap is pulled loose all the way to the top of the coach. To fix that, the vertical trim will have to come off. reattach the cap (with screws since the holes are torn out) and reinstall the trim strip (after straightening the end of it). The fiberglass repair I think I can handle myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3049.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	343.7 KB
ID:	259668   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3050.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	259669  

Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 09-08-2019, 08:16 PM   #210

Quote:
Here, finally, photos of my torn rear cap. What doesn't show is the edge of the cap is pulled loose all the way to the top of the coach. To fix that, the vertical trim will have to come off. reattach the cap (with screws since the holes are torn out) and reinstall the trim strip (after straightening the end of it). The fiberglass repair I think I can handle myself.
That doesn't look that much tougher than the repair I did to mine. The trick would be to make a form to put the fiberglass over similar to what I did. As a release agent for the form to get the fiberglass off, I just used Vaseline and rubbed it over the whole form, and then put the fiberglass over that. You will probably have to take the whole cap off to do the repair though which might be hard. On mine, luckily I only had to take one side of the top cap off to repair it since there was a seam just past the backup camera.

As for the vertical trim, you might want to get some sheet metal screws that have a fender type head like these:

The larger screw head can then act as a clamp to hold the cap in place since your screw holes are torn out.

I assume you checked the RV salvage yards for the part. When I checked on mine, none of the salvage yards had that part, and fleetwood said that they no longer had the mold for my part.

Tags
pace arrow, ace