Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2020, 11:44 PM   #281

2003 PA odd yellow exterior light

Hi there and thanks in advance for the help. I bought this 2003 Pace Arrow a few years back and noticed that I have this yellow utility light on the drivers side about 2/3 from the front of the coach. I've never been able to find a switch to turn it on and so I just assumed that it was burned out and was supposed to turn on when I turn on the main porch light however, the light is now on and the main porch light is turned off. Can anyone tell me what the purpose of this little light is and how does it turn on and off? My thoughts are now thinking that maybe it turns on automatically when I plug into shore power. It's a strange little light. Thanks.
Drenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2020, 10:27 AM   #282

Hi there. Just a reminder that you need to have the emergency brake set before you can move the slide outs. It's also a good idea to have the engine running.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:04 AM   #283
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Look for a utility light switch on the dash, I’m not sure for your year.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:05 AM   #284

I wish I had an exterior light that turned on when I plugged in.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:25 AM   #285

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
On my Pace Arrow by the door and passengers seat is z bank of switches. One is for Cargo bay lights. Also in several bays is 120 v plugs for extension cords you can use for a utility lamp. I also have a 12v auto troubleshooting lamp with two clips to connect to a battery. All auto stores carry these
jaearhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:54 PM   #286

Thanks for the replies. I too would like that light to come on whenever it's plugged in...lol. But alas, it's out now and it's still plugged in. I tried the storage compartments main switch and this had no effect. I'll keep searching.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:08 AM   #287

Pull the light off and look at wires and color. If one of the wires is an odd color e. G. Yellow with green stripe, you might be able to trace back to a switch on a panel. If it is a solid color like orange, purple, blue you can figure out the circuit and race to light before it. Or could even be a loose connection in light itself. Could be loose butt splice connection behind the light. That's a few ideas from issues I have come across as I rebuilt mine.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:11 AM   #288

On another note you can call Fleetwood and they will send you electrical diagrams. Good things to have.
Old 04-06-2020, 09:37 AM   #289

Thanks for the ideas. I'll do just that.
Old 04-30-2020, 02:31 PM   #290

wifi power

I decided to install a Winegard Wifi antenna and so I installed it above the control panel in the RV. I went ahead and dropped the wire down through the roof to behind the control panel and then realized that I'm not sure what wires to use to hook up power and ground. I located a ground on the Intellitec A/C controller, a brown wire, and everything worked great however now my "on" green light on the controller is constantly on. The intellitec technician said it's probably the wifi channeling energy to the controller powering the LED light. I need a wiring diagram for my 2003 Pace Arrow 37-A. I have a wiring harness guide. Does anyone out there have a wiring guide or know where I can get one?
Old 05-04-2020, 10:50 AM   #291

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to jcmerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenski View Post
Hi there and thanks in advance for the help. I bought this 2003 Pace Arrow a few years back and noticed that I have this yellow utility light on the drivers side about 2/3 from the front of the coach. I've never been able to find a switch to turn it on and so I just assumed that it was burned out and was supposed to turn on when I turn on the main porch light however, the light is now on and the main porch light is turned off. Can anyone tell me what the purpose of this little light is and how does it turn on and off? My thoughts are now thinking that maybe it turns on automatically when I plug into shore power. It's a strange little light. Thanks.
Drenski,
If you haven't discovered it yet, that yellow light (orange on my 2002 PA) is a reminder that your engine area light is on. My engine area light (don't know the correct term for it) is just above the air filter assembly.
jcmerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:30 AM   #292

Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to gts1544
1993 35' pace arrow house battery modification

FOLKS, Several years ago, we modified our 1993 35' PACE ARROW by installing 2 @ Interstate 4D FLA 12V deep cycle batteries with battery boxes into the basement compartment just forward of the access door with a remotely operated 3000W inverter installed just inboard of the batteries on centerline. The basement compartment floor required some reinforcement and several vents were installed into the door to ventilate any gasses. The remote switch was installed above the entry door near the battery shut off switches and the microwave oven display serves as our AC power confirmation. An AC transfer switch was installed to prioritize AC shore power / generator / inverter and the entire set up was properly fused. Additionally, we have installed a digital DC voltmeter above the entry door with a momentary 3 position toggle switch labeled HOUSE / OFF / START, which greatly facilitates our battery management and status knowledge. This setup has been invaluable for short term AC power needs without needing to start the generator or even longer light duty periods. Monitoring the battery status is easy. The rig is setup to allow all power sources to charge both battery banks! Additionally, we changed out the old single stage converter for a modern multi stage charging system. Electrical issues are a thing of the past!
gts1544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:51 PM   #293

Electric issues in 1999 Pace Arrow Vision

I would like to learn the electrical system in this unit, with an eye to updating it for current battery management and solar technology.
Thing is, I need to understand the current control systems and I cannot find anything like a wiring diagram.
Either a fulsome narrative or a wiring diagram would be very much appreciated.
nairbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:29 AM   #294

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairbg View Post
I would like to learn the electrical system in this unit, with an eye to updating it for current battery management and solar technology.
Thing is, I need to understand the current control systems and I cannot find anything like a wiring diagram.
Either a fulsome narrative or a wiring diagram would be very much appreciated.
have you tried contacting Fleetwood?
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pace arrow, ace