Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2022, 07:36 AM   #393

Need replacement ECM for 2003 Pace Arrow 36B

The ECM in the engine bay controls a variety of features, one of which is the operation of the steps. My steps will not go in or out either automatically with ignition on or manually. The mobile tech says the mother board in the ECM is bad and Fleetwood is no help.

IIRC, several years ago on IRV2 this was discussed and someone provided the name of a place that reconditioned these boards for ~$400. I have searched the IRV2 website for the link and cannot find anything about it. Does anyone have contact info for a place to get the ECM repaired or to get a replacement one?
NavlAv8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2022, 10:14 AM   #394

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavlAv8r View Post
The ECM in the engine bay controls a variety of features, one of which is the operation of the steps. My steps will not go in or out either automatically with ignition on or manually. The mobile tech says the mother board in the ECM is bad and Fleetwood is no help.

IIRC, several years ago on IRV2 this was discussed and someone provided the name of a place that reconditioned these boards for ~$400. I have searched the IRV2 website for the link and cannot find anything about it. Does anyone have contact info for a place to get the ECM repaired or to get a replacement one?
the only help I can offer is that Lazy Days in Seffner, FL has found several hard to find parts for me.
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:15 PM   #395

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

Get another opinion!!
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 06:02 AM   #396

Fleetwood Owners Club
Board Repairs

Quote:

These guys might be able to direct you to a repair. https://www.mmrvelectronics.com/
Rstanley3105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 11:43 AM   #397

Fleetwood Owners Club
I can't stay am rushed but my ecm has a fuse to control the steps and new boards can be purchased (i think for less than 400) I will get back as soon as I can......... do more research.
donnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 06:49 AM   #398

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
try www.urvp.com great folks
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 12:02 PM   #399

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hello again , I have a lot on my plate right now and it is getting worse but this may get you headed in the right direction The circuit board contains the fuse/ circuit breaker that controls your steps, look in the upper right of this board for the yellow fuse, your board may not be the same but should be similar check the fuse it may solve your problem.

These boards are made by Intelletec (spelling?)

Here is info of the steps also
my unit is a 1999 pace arrow and may not be the same as yours but the circuit board is located behind the grill on the front of the RV in a black box the board should not need service unless somehow it got shorted out check the fuses first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	91v8sRzvtkL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	361653  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kwikee Motor Step ID Guide and Replacement Parts.pdf (405.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 04-11-2022, 07:53 AM   #400

Does anyone know where the hydraulic switch(referred to as the dreaded green switch) is located on a 1998 Pace Arrow Vision 36b? I found the switch to purchase online. I don’t know where it is located on the coach. The brake will not release when I shift out of park.
Old 04-12-2022, 07:55 AM   #401

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hionjazz View Post
Does anyone know where the hydraulic switch(referred to as the dreaded green switch) is located on a 1998 Pace Arrow Vision 36b? I found the switch to purchase online. I don’t know where it is located on the coach. The brake will not release when I shift out of park.

I have the same unit and have rebuilt the auto brake system replacing the switch is not a major problem. Stay with me

What you are looking for is a black box beneath your unit with a oil reservoir open that box to get to the switch, you may only need to service the pump with power steering fluid it is a hydraulic operated system if you have oil leaks it's time for some rebuilding.

Hold on I will dig up the info I have and get back to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	park brake asm .JPG
Views:	21
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	362149  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Auto Park info master sheet.pdf (112.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 04-12-2022, 08:34 AM   #402

Fleetwood Owners Club
info I am not sure this info is reaching you, let me know and I'll try again.

don"t let all this stuff overwhelm you it is really simple.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Auto Park info master sheet.pdf (112.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: pdf Park Brake parts list by Tropi Cal.pdf (27.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 04-12-2022, 08:57 AM   #403

Fleetwood Owners Club
pictures

This is the best info but I am having trouble downloading it.......... one more try. OK the file is too large to down load I'll try something else.
Old 04-13-2022, 07:48 AM   #404

Donnyman Thank you

Please keep sending me ANY more information you can. I was able to open up the 2 PDF's you sent. Easter weekend is coming up so I won't start until next weekend. Like I said in the post I can not get the coach to move. It shifts from Park to any gear when I start it BUT the buzzer stays on and the coach won't move. Again, thank you for your time and help.
Old 04-13-2022, 08:02 AM   #405

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyman View Post
info I am not sure this info is reaching you, let me know and I'll try again.

don"t let all this stuff overwhelm you it is really simple.
@donnyman super helpful info. Thanks very much for posting! I have the same unit and the autobrake is currently disconnected. Long story short, it engages but within 30 seconds to a minute it releases. I purchased the unit last year so it was like this when I bought it. I will be diving into this as soon as snow melts around here. Previous owner replaced the RGSwitch but I[ve co,e torelize he did everything halfway, so I suspect he replaced it with a used switch. Beyond that I'll just be trouble shooting to my hearts content lol

I think we may be hijackingantoher thread.....should we start a thread dedicated to the 1998 Vision 36b autobrake?
Old 04-14-2022, 07:47 AM   #406

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hionjazz

you said the buzzer? the buzzer is a warning you have not retracted your stabilizers (leveling jacks) before you do anything be sure they are fully retracted. it too needs fluid to operate but not to retract, double check them first. IMPORTANT!

Tags
pace arrow, ace