Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2022, 07:56 AM   #407

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordInWoods View Post
@donnyman super helpful info. Thanks very much for posting! I have the same unit and the autobrake is currently disconnected. Long story short, it engages but within 30 seconds to a minute it releases. I purchased the unit last year so it was like this when I bought it. I will be diving into this as soon as snow melts around here. Previous owner replaced the RGSwitch but I[ve co,e torelize he did everything halfway, so I suspect he replaced it with a used switch. Beyond that I'll just be trouble shooting to my hearts content lol

I think we may be hijackingantoher thread.....should we start a thread dedicated to the 1998 Vision 36b autobrake?

NO this thread will do.............. It sounds to me you need to service the pump hydraulic tank check it and let me know. It uses transmission fluid.
donnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2022, 08:35 AM   #408

Buzzer

I'm sorry I explained it wrong. When the coach starts (jacks are up) there is a Ding Ding letting know the brake is on. When the Auto Brake was not "locked up" I would shift into drive or reverse the system would take a couple of seconds to do its thing and the coach would be able to move. Now that the auto brake will not release the ding continues (in any gear)the brake will not disengage and the coach will not move. I want to thank you again for taking the time to read my posts and help me out. Happy Easter to you and your Family.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:50 AM   #409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer15015 View Post
Hello, I have the same Pace Arrow 37C. Do you recall the length of the sewer pipe extension pieces? What type of hardware supports the pipe at the end?

Thank you.
yyzav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 06:09 AM   #410

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hionjazz View Post
I'm sorry I explained it wrong. When the coach starts (jacks are up) there is a Ding Ding letting know the brake is on. When the Auto Brake was not "locked up" I would shift into drive or reverse the system would take a couple of seconds to do its thing and the coach would be able to move. Now that the auto brake will not release the ding continues (in any gear)the brake will not disengage and the coach will not move. I want to thank you again for taking the time to read my posts and help me out. Happy Easter to you and your Family.

It still sounds like you need to put some fluid in the brake pump tank, The cylinder that releases the brake is hydraulic. the delay before brake release indicates the release cylinder is not getting enough fluid pressure you will have to check by looking under your unit in the black box if the tank is full you will have to go further with diagnoses. look at the pictures I sent, the fluid tank is shown.
Old 04-15-2022, 06:16 AM   #411

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyzav8r View Post
Hello, I have the same Pace Arrow 37C. Do you recall the length of the sewer pipe extension pieces? What type of hardware supports the pipe at the end?

Thank you.

Sewer pipe extension pieces? A better explanation is needed or better yet a picture.
Are you referring to the black and gray waste water pipes?
Old 04-15-2022, 06:56 AM   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyman View Post
Sewer pipe extension pieces? A better explanation is needed or better yet a picture.
Are you referring to the black and gray waste water pipes?
Sure, attached is what one user built. I would like to do the same on my Pace Arrow 37C.
Attached Images

yyzav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 05:20 AM   #413

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have perm moved the sewer termination on my last 3 moho's to the exterior of the coach and sealed around where they exit to prevent rodents from entering into the tank compartment. I've noticed less smell problems in the coach too. Not sure why manufactures seem to not like put the terminus on the outside of the coach. It makes no sense when the blade valves fail that they leak inside the coach rather than outside on the ground. the other plus is that when the grey water tank gets full I can "drip" drain the grey tank as I drive.
Old 04-16-2022, 08:45 AM   #414

Fleetwood Owners Club
yyzav8r

I like the idea of external waste pipes but fear the possibility of them being broken, I have had two tires blow out and the damage was substantial. the measurements you asked for in this case would be particular to your coach and installation. my future upgrade will include waste valve replacement so I may investigate a external set up also.................. Good luck!
Old 04-16-2022, 09:55 AM   #415

Electrical - 1993 PA Turbo DP

While underneath lubing my chassis I discovered a very corroded "junction" mounted along the driver's side rail and just forward of the rear axle. I do not know the purpose or function and the electrical schematics I have do not show this connection.

Any ideas? Plan to clean, repair and reconnect as needed.
Pics in order first is forward side, 2nd is side view and 3rd is rearward side of "junction".

Click image for larger version

Name:	93 Pace Arrow electric box.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	362626

Name:	93 Pace Arrow elec box 2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	362628

Name:	93 Pace Arrow elec box 3.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	362629
AZLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 08:28 AM   #416

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Your in a very cautious situation if you don't understand the automotive parts your looking at. That one rectangle item is a relay with two wires connected to the terminals. You need to have a new relay and wire terminsld at hand before wire brushing to clean.
jaearhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 08:36 AM   #417

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It's normal to start with a wire brush and cleaner. BUT before doing anything disconnect the positive battery terminal. If you start wire brushing to clean with voltage present you will make contact and short items out and do more damage than you desire. Two things destroy electricity. Dirt / Heat .
Old 04-17-2022, 11:04 AM   #418

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaearhart View Post
Your in a very cautious situation if you don't understand the automotive parts your looking at. That one rectangle item is a relay with two wires connected to the terminals. You need to have a new relay and wire terminsld at hand before wire brushing to clean.
jaearhart - appreciate the response and guidance. All said, without knowing it's purpose, where would one begin to look for such a relay?
Old 04-18-2022, 07:12 AM   #419

A couple of updated photos after "cleaning" the electrical contacts. Did not try to disconnect as it appears they could be difficult with the level of corrosion and don't yet have a known replacement solution.

Name:	PA electrical 4.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	362823

Name:	PA electrical 5.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	362824
Old 04-18-2022, 09:59 AM   #420

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The relays and other components are all standard automotive parts. I see one wire loose from the connection . I'd use Bolt Buster spray on the terminals . Work the nuts off the studs . When replacing nuts and all cleaned up spray everything with cosmoliene . Like the military uses. The relays must be good or you would be experiencing other problems.

Tags
pace arrow, ace