Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2022, 09:35 PM   #421

Ok, I identified one of the components as a "2x circuit breaker" and found it at my local Napa store, which was ordered. Once I have it installed I will work on the other components which I believe are solenoids.

Name:   Circuit Breaker.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  7.4 KB
AZLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2022, 02:35 PM   #422

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyman View Post
It still sounds like you need to put some fluid in the brake pump tank, The cylinder that releases the brake is hydraulic. the delay before brake release indicates the release cylinder is not getting enough fluid pressure you will have to check by looking under your unit in the black box if the tank is full you will have to go further with diagnoses. look at the pictures I sent, the fluid tank is shown.
Thank you Thank you Donnyman. For taking the time to respond and give me information. You were correct. Fluid was low. Filled it up, started the coach EVERYTHING worked GREAT.
Old 04-25-2022, 07:54 AM   #423

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hionjazz View Post
Thank you Thank you Donnyman. For taking the time to respond and give me information. You were correct. Fluid was low. Filled it up, started the coach EVERYTHING worked GREAT.

enjoy! now would be a good time to check ALL fluid levels especially the rear axle and brakes.
donnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 12:16 PM   #424

You read my mind.
Old 04-25-2022, 12:20 PM   #425

I see you have the Pace Arrow Emblem on you profile. Have you owned a Pace Arrow around 1998? Just wondering what your opinion of the coach is. We really enjoy it.
Old 04-26-2022, 02:25 PM   #426

Fleetwood Owners Club
pace arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hionjazz View Post
I see you have the Pace Arrow Emblem on you profile. Have you owned a Pace Arrow around 1998? Just wondering what your opinion of the coach is. We really enjoy it.
I find the pace to be a fine unit, mine is a 98/99 But it's sad trying to get repairs at a reasonable cost, impossible. Everybody is gouging. My unit was insured and two times I took it in for repairs both times the cost was more than $18,000 THAT'S MORE THAN I PAID FOR THE UNIT. The workmanship was poor, and not accomplished, took too long and did not address any major defects. Two tires was charged at $1000+ I made them take them off and got a set for $700 Front end alignment $500 I got it done for $150. I could go on and I have the paperwork to prove what I say. It was a large company that charged me. ............ never again!

The unit is fine though old, I choose to do as much as possible to minimize being ripped off, but at 80 yrs old I am limited.

I am currently trying to find a short that is draining my batteries, after paying $650 to solve a no battery charge problem. If I did not love having this unit I would have dumped the whole thing. My apology for the rant!
Old 04-26-2022, 02:51 PM   #427

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, the OEM (2004) fresh water pump finally died (cracked housing) and of course there are no rebuild parts available for this old pump. So, having a chance to start over, I relocated the pump to a much more convenient location, and added an accumulator to the system. Whole thing is mounted to a 2 x 8 and that is then bolted to the tin frame spacer, so I can pull the whole unit with 2 bolts.
FYI

Mike in Colorado
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220417_121556130_HDR.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	363739  
2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37c, 8.1 gasser, (Jezebel) Ultra RV ECM / TCM, plugs wires, and rear track bar, PPE deep Tx pan w/ temp gage, Bilstein's, Sailun's & Sumo's all round, pushed by a 2002 Grand Caravan, on a Master Tow Dolly OR a WR-250 on a rail.
Flyer15015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:14 PM   #428

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer15015 View Post
Well, the OEM (2004) fresh water pump finally died (cracked housing) and of course there are no rebuild parts available for this old pump. So, having a chance to start over, I relocated the pump to a much more convenient location, and added an accumulator to the system. Whole thing is mounted to a 2 x 8 and that is then bolted to the tin frame spacer, so I can pull the whole unit with 2 bolts.
FYI

Mike in Colorado

That installation looks very neat, what purpose does the accumulator serve?
Old 04-28-2022, 07:02 AM   #429

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
That installation looks very neat, what purpose does the accumulator serve?
Accumulator or pressure tank is used to even the pressure out in a water system. On my ranch here I use 2 125 gallon units, they yield about 25 gallons each @ 40 to 60psi before the well pump turns on. the well pump forces water into them until the high limit switch turns off the pump. then as the water flows out at an even flow and the pump turns out when the tanks hit the low pressure limit.

essentially it keeps the pump from running all the time and keeps the water pressure more constant with out puslating. I use a one gallon unit in my rig. sadly my pump is located almost under my bed, but the pressure tank keeps the pump from cycling all night long from when the toilet is flushed. Pump turns on and pressurizes the tank then stays off until the tank is near empty.

Now days they require them on top of ones hot water heater, often called expansion tanks too. this is the style that I like to use.
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2022, 03:08 PM   #430

Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to gts1544
Accumulator tank

Just to amplify on what lonfu said, I had to replace my well pump (at 750 ft down) to the tune of $2000. I was told that the cause was a well accumulator tank that was too small causing the well pump to cycle too often. I replaced the well accumulator tank with one as large as was feasible and have had no further trouble.
I have every intention of installing an accumulator into my 1993 Pace Arrow 35V for the same reason. GTS1544 in WY
gts1544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 07:30 AM   #431

Fleetwood Owners Club
A accumulator seems a good idea.

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2022, 07:19 AM   #432

Quote:
I find the pace to be a fine unit, mine is a 98/99 But it's sad trying to get repairs at a reasonable cost, impossible. Everybody is gouging. My unit was insured and two times I took it in for repairs both times the cost was more than $18,000 THAT'S MORE THAN I PAID FOR THE UNIT. The workmanship was poor, and not accomplished, took too long and did not address any major defects. Two tires was charged at $1000+ I made them take them off and got a set for $700 Front end alignment $500 I got it done for $150. I could go on and I have the paperwork to prove what I say. It was a large company that charged me. ............ never again!

The unit is fine though old, I choose to do as much as possible to minimize being ripped off, but at 80 yrs old I am limited.

I am currently trying to find a short that is draining my batteries, after paying $650 to solve a no battery charge problem. If I did not love having this unit I would have dumped the whole thing. My apology for the rant!
Hey, Donnyman I feel your pain. I bought my unit online a year ago. I had a shop local to where it was located go through the mechanical. They were really good, and found quite a few things that I had them repair, which led me to getting $4500 knocked off the original price we'd agreed on. They made it road worthy, so I could drive about 800 miles (1200 kms) to pick it up, and bring it home. I sure don't want to spend that kind of money on it going forward, so I do as much of my own work as I can. There are some things I've found in the last year....including the fact that the previous owner thought he was handy, but in reality, he took the absolute cheapest route he could, and in many cases did more damage than he repaired. Current issues I haven't solved are the Auto Park brake is disconnected as it apparently doesn't hold (mechanic told me this after replacing all the parts.....haven't actually tested it), and the main slide has some sort of issue that it stops pulling in. It goes out fine, but pulling in it get's about 2/3 of the way and then acts like it's fully closed. I have to get my wife to work the switch while I push on the slide from the outside to get it to fully close. Oh, and the inverter is going/gone bad, so I'll have to find a replacement. And the handy guy did something to "disable" the factory Automatic Transfer Switch, so currently the only way to use the generator is to plug the 15 amp cord directly to it (ugh). I could go on lol.

Anyway, this forum and YouTube are my main sources of truth and guidance. It's been very helpful, and I've followed your posts with hionjazz. As I mentioned, my 1998 Vision 36B has a few issues, so it's awesome to hear from members with the same or similar unit. Thanks for taking the time to share what you've learned as you work through yours. It's helpful and appreciated! Thanks!
Old 05-16-2022, 07:23 AM   #433

Fleetwood Owners Club
GordInwoods

hello.. thank you! my apology for the delayed response I have a lot on my plate.

It is good that we can converse about our units it can save us a lot of money. I am not by any means a pro or expert on these units what I know is hard learned from many sources and experiences. The more people responding like this the better.

I have been fighting with the charging circuit of my unit but can't spend a lot of time on it in one stretch of time but I am very eager to get it back on the road I do enjoy using it.
Something is draining my batteries and I am at the point of just replacing everything in the circuit, It seems I cannot put my trust in others to do the job properly so until I can get to it the unit will have to sit. I hope someone will come along and give me some advice as to what may be the problem.

Have a good day
Old 05-17-2022, 10:16 AM   #434

Fleetwood Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to gts1544
Battery power drain

While you do not state in the linked post whether your battery power drain is in the chassis/start battery or the house battery banks, you might consider a temporary solution if it is your start battery. Simply place a battery disconnect switch on your start battery, available almost anywhere that auto parts are sold. Simply turn the switch OFF upon finishing with your engine until the next time you need same. This will have the effect of isolating the battery while OFF!
This will at least get you back on the road until you can truly solve your issue. Do not put this issue onto the back burner as an unresolved power drain has the potential to be a fire danger.
gts1544 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pace arrow, ace