Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2022, 05:42 AM   #435

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts1544 View Post
While you do not state in the linked post whether your battery power drain is in the chassis/start battery or the house battery banks, you might consider a temporary solution if it is your start battery. Simply place a battery disconnect switch on your start battery, available almost anywhere that auto parts are sold. Simply turn the switch OFF upon finishing with your engine until the next time you need same. This will have the effect of isolating the battery while OFF!
This will at least get you back on the road until you can truly solve your issue. Do not put this issue onto the back burner as an unresolved power drain has the potential to be a fire danger.

I concur with what you stated and considered it but I go a step further and disconnect and charge the batteries (both of them) because I am rather busey and can't take any chances until I find time to go after the problem ........... thanks for responding!
donnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2022, 10:51 PM   #436

When I first got my Pace Arrow I had the same problem of my starter battery draining. I found that an engine compartment light I didn't know about was on. My 2003 has a switch on the dash that turns this light on and off. Maybe this could be your problem.
Drenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:47 AM   #437

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenski View Post
When I first got my Pace Arrow I had the same problem of my starter battery draining. I found that an engine compartment light I didn't know about was on. My 2003 has a switch on the dash that turns this light on and off. Maybe this could be your problem.

I hadn't considered that, Thanks I will check it out!
donnyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 05:45 AM   #438

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Battery Draining

We have a 2004 Pace Arrow 37C and never could find the source of starter
battery drainage other than the Radio continues to have power for memory or whatever it maintains. Even after replacing battery that was only a year or so old, still dead after about 4-5 days.
Our solution is that whenever we return from a trip, we disconnect the negative
lead on the battery. This has now worked for us for several years. Most of our trips at this time in one place is not over 10 days as we are not retired.
If we were to be in places long term, would probably do it at those places also.
Do it within a day of returning from trip as battery should be full charged when
disconnecting the lead. Hope this helps.
Neicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:05 PM   #439

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer15015 View Post
Well, the OEM (2004) fresh water pump finally died (cracked housing) and of course there are no rebuild parts available for this old pump. So, having a chance to start over, I relocated the pump to a much more convenient location, and added an accumulator to the system. Whole thing is mounted to a 2 x 8 and that is then bolted to the tin frame spacer, so I can pull the whole unit with 2 bolts.
FYI

Mike in Colorado
Our stopped working on our last trip. Like yours it was an original and not made anymore. Not being home I had limited ability to check it out. So we bought a new Surflo via Amazon and put it in. Works fine and is very quiet. Once we got home, I opened up the old one and wasn't able to find anything wrong with it. Put it back together and it started working again. Go figure. So at least now I have a spare.
garyb1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:26 PM   #440

Rexhall Owners Group
The rim for our steer tire on our 2005 Pace failed. Had it welded and shop said they use stainless steel to do repairs. Still I'm uncomfortable with a welded rim and have been looking for a replacement. It's an 8 lug 22.5 x 6.75. Apparently they don't make them any longer. Closest I can find in an 8 lug is a 22.5 x 7.5. So if I go with them, I'll likely need two since I'm told I can't have different rims on the steer tires. Then I still have a potential fitment issue.

So I'm thinking to put the welded rim on one of the outside dually and look for a used rim. At least if it fails, it's not a steer tire.

Anyone have any thought on a welded rim? The weld is in the flat area between the two side walls. I'm told that's not a stress point so should be OK.
Old 08-07-2022, 02:31 PM   #441

Rexhall Owners Group
Convection microwave

Our Sharp convection microwave stops working after 59 seconds. I've read this in a common problem. The DW never uses the convection feature so am thinking may just a standard microwave which is a bunch cheaper.

Regardless, I've got to remove the unit which I've read is pretty heavy. Also I'm not sure how it's secured. Anyone remove a unit and able to provide some helpful hints.
Old 08-07-2022, 02:44 PM   #442

Rexhall Owners Group
Lithium batteries not taking charge from Converter

Momentary short of battery may have caused the problem but not sure. Several months ago when I was replacing the BMS I think I shorted one of the batteries. These are Lion Energy Lithium which can be reset. I did so and thought everything was fine. However, lately they don't seem to be accepting a charge from the Converter and even while on the road, they're not taking as much charge from the alternator as they did previously.

I replaced the Victron 700 since the plug to the shunt broke. They don't make a replacement plug so bought a cheap Chinese knockoff. Not sure if that's working properly. The other possibility is my 17 year old WFCO converter is starting to fail. I'll probably replace the converter with something more suitable for lithium but before doing that want to make sure the batteries are not damaged.

Anyone know how to determine if Lithium batteries are damaged?

Also, if not, what converter do you recommend? I know of one with a switch which can be used to charge either the chassis battery or house batteries.
Old 08-09-2022, 08:01 PM   #443

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyb1st View Post
Our Sharp convection microwave stops working after 59 seconds. I've read this in a common problem. The DW never uses the convection feature so am thinking may just a standard microwave which is a bunch cheaper.

Regardless, I've got to remove the unit which I've read is pretty heavy. Also I'm not sure how it's secured. Anyone remove a unit and able to provide some helpful hints.
We had a GE and it quit, like you we never used the convection so went with a standard microwave. Purchased one from a local GE dealer. Their installer picked it up and installed it at his house on a Saturday. I think I paid him $100 or $150 (prepandemic). Yes, it is heavy, and he had to add a couple of 1x4" wood strips to install it. After the fact very glad I didn't try it myself!
Lakeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 07:27 AM   #444

Did you install the TV or better yet, could you tell me how it is mounted? I have a 32 in that I would like to mount in that location also. Thanks David 99 Vision
W5ABR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 02:29 PM   #445

Could I get a copy. I need the 12 volt panel diagram
The vintage travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 07:44 AM   #446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacique View Post
Pace Arrow owners corner
Hi where did you get your new headlights for your 2009 pace arrow ? I have a 2004 pace arrow 37c. I really like your headlights. Need to upgrade
Novaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 02:50 AM   #447

Inverter location

And can anyone tell me where my inverter is located in my 97 Pace Arrow
DBUSH1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 02:23 AM   #448

Fleetwood Owners Club
Inverter location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUSH1988 View Post
And can anyone tell me where my inverter is located in my 97 Pace Arrow
Probably under the refrigerator.