Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #1

We are looking at Pace Arrow,Southwinds and Bounders. Would like opinions on the real differences on these three units besides a few options and cosmetic features. Any information would be appreciated
sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #2

We are looking at Pace Arrow,Southwinds and Bounders. Would like opinions on the real differences on these three units besides a few options and cosmetic features. Any information would be appreciated
sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:39 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sandra, we full time in our 2007,Pace Arrow, 38P. This is also our first MH, we lived in our fiver for 5 years. We looked at the gas Bounder and the Pace Arrow (PA). The Bounder is almost identical to the PA model we have. We looked at the full wall slide but decided against it, we also liked the model with the bath and a half.We are very satisfied with our unit it has a larger living area. Good luck on which ever decision you make. Do lots of research and go to various RV dealers to look at the units you are interested in.
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Dave & I looked at all 3 models in 2006 when we were shopping. As far as I could tell, the only differences were items that were options in the Bounder line (like 10 gal hot water heater, 12 cu ft fridge, wood trim around slides) were standard in the Southwind or Pace Arrow. Whether those options being standard are worth the extra money in the base MSRP prices is up to the buyer to decide. When it came down to the nuts & bolts of the units (chassis, engine, tank capacities, safety features...etc), they were all the same to me.

Finding a dealer that carried all the models made it easy to compare them because I could go from one model to the next & look at what each offered.

For us, it came down to finding the coach with the most features we wanted with a floorplan that suited us best for what we wanted to pay.

Good luck in your search. Half the fun is in the shopping.

L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:47 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Depending on your needs, take a very close look at the CCC (Cargo Carrying Capacity) of each of the models. If you go with a W24 it shouldn't be much of an issue, but if you go with a W22 there's a big difference.

For example, my 2004 PA 3-slide model 36B only has 975-lb CCC. A friend has a 2004 Bounder 3-slide model 36B and it has almost 2000-lb CCC. The main reason is all the extra's they put in the PA. Corian Counter tops, Mirrors everywhere, larger refrig, heavier insulation, carpet, etc.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:46 PM   #6

Sandra

We too looked at all three. It took me two years to decide which one I wanted. Two things came into play when it came down to it. Our mechanic wanted the 8.1 Vortec on the W24 Chasis, and we always do as told when it comes to the mechanical side of things. The rest I read numerous forums such as this one on what the likes and dislikes are. These forums are fabulous. All units were very favourable. My choice finally came down to floor plan and options. We required alot of couch space for company as we stock car race in the summer and need to be able to haul numerous people. Also wanted as much bang for the buck as we could get. We came down to the 38P Bounder. The unit we found already had many options that I would not necessarily have chosen, but have found this summer how handy they are. Again it does come down to personal preferance. I still spend a lot of time looking at new floorplans for 08 and have not in any unit in this price range found what we have, so I still feel we made a great choice.
You will find many ups and downs in them all but just research on everything. It pays off int he end.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:55 AM   #7

Sandra, my wife and I looked at all three and liked the Bounder best. We did add all of the options including Workhorse chasis and Alcoa wheels. We especially liked the floor plan of the 35E and large shower in the rear. We flelt that the Bounder was a better bang for the buck. You can't go wrong with any of these RV's.
dickfrompasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #8

We have owned a 2004 Pace Arrow and now have a 07 Bounder. Both bought new. In my opinion the Pace did not have the build quality that the Bounder does. That is my experience with these two motor homes.

Ford V10
MaxRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:39 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to GerryB54 Send a message via Skype™ to GerryB54
I've been very impressed with the build quality and features incorporated into our Bounder...the equivalent Pace Arrows were a little too glitzy for our taste.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:07 AM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Hi Sandra,
Ditto to what Dave & Lori Stewart have said.
Also, the Cargo Carrying Capacity is most important and the label is on the left side wall by drivers seat. CCC is the difference between max. permissable weight minus the base weight, UVW, giving you the weight you can, safely add, such as: all liquids, food, clothing, supplies and passengers.

My 2008 Bounder 35E is factory ordered with what we wanted and beautiful inside and out.
Extras are:
Ultra Leather passenger/driver seats, hide a bed, lounge recliner, HD LCD Samsung front and rear tvs, Convection/ Microwave, 4 Dr Ref w/ice, Auto DSS Dome, powered front shade, Torque windows in BR, Rear vision Camera, Diamond Shield, and Electric awning.
10 gal water heater is, standard now.
$92,137.11 plus doc fee, lic fee, and CA. tax (ouch.) Total, out the door $100,000 @ Niel's Motorhomes in North Hills, Ca.
You can call, the owner, Tom Lindstrom and tell him I said hello @ 877-643-5778

Hope this helps and good luck,
Steve Bernard
2007 Saturn Vue RedLine
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:21 PM   #11

My 04 Southwind 37 has the white plastic stuff on the driving seats only and it would not appeal to me to sit on that vinyl for the evening after sitting on it all day.The rest of the upholstry is proper fabric just like at home.Think about it, there may be other options open to you in that respect.

DIY Rear Panhard Rod
exrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:42 PM   #12

Hello Sandra:
What great feedback on this website! When we decided to full-time-it, did quite a bit of research. Comfortable with Fleetwood products from decades of Class-C's. Wanted a Ford V10 (gas)...figured it would be the easiest to sell if this didn't work out. The Pace Arrow was fabulously appointed (drool) but as another noted: all those goodies added weight. What worked for us: narrow down the choices (length, gas/diesel, new/preowned) then drive each: back to back. Enjoy!

2007 Fleetwood Southwind 32V w/Ford V10
Bludog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:58 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Betty and I looked at all three models and walked through all of their individual floor plans before we decided to order our 35e on the Ford chassis. Our choice of manufacturer, model and floorplan was based on many hours of evaluation and too many personal preferences to list here. In a nutshell, I determined the power platform after we decided on a specific model/floorplan with personal options, and then Betty determined the fit and finish along with the color scheme. Now we are both very happy with our choices. Good luck in your search, you have already narrowed the process down to three fine models.
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:49 AM   #14

RE: CCC

I can't find ccc for my 03 Pace Arrow on the label behind driver seat. The label is there but it only list the gross weight and the front, rear axle weights. There is no empty weight, ccc, or anything else to calculate the ccc.

Have looked all over for another label but cannot find one. Could it be in another unique location? Is it located in the manual somewhere?

Thanks
NavlAv8r is offline   Reply With Quote