RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2019, 05:15 PM   #1

Paper clogs in front toilet of Bounder

Was wondering if anyone else has had issues with their gravity toilet clogging at the pipe. We have a 2018 Bounder and the front toilet seems to coog at the pipes?? We use plenty of water to flush the paper down but every so often it clogs?

R & S
2018 Bounder 36H
2012 Honda CRV Toad
Rstoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #2

What brandmof TP? I suspect your not filling the bowl prior to use, or your not holding the pedan down long enough to completely move everything down. My last trailer had a 45 degree in the down pipe and we never had a problem.
I guess its possible there is a burr in the pipe. Reach in and feel around to make sure its smooth
Old 05-07-2019, 03:30 PM   #3

2018 Bounder has a Vacuflush system. It is not a gravity type toilet. Can't have gravity when there is a bath and a half with one black tank.
Too much TP means clogs. Lots of water is also needed.
Lots of fun getting it unclogged. Good luck!
Old 05-08-2019, 08:51 AM   #4

Look under one of the toilets and you should find a plastic bag with the manual for the Vacuflush. Give it a good read and follow it's recommendations . Make sure you follow the maintenance instructions in the manual. As I recall it also has a pretty good troubleshooting section. We had a good experience with the Vacuflush after we understood it and followed the manual instructions. Here is a hint for you not in the manual. If the circuit breaker for it ever trips it is self resetting. Turn the power to the system off and then back on and the breaker should reset. At least that is how my 2016 Bounder was, my 2014 Bounder had a button on the breaker to reset it. The breaker should be in the inverter compartment next to the entry door. It's mounted on the left side wall of the compartment.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:49 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
All our TP goes in the basket NOT down the toilet. No problems ever....
Use lots of water in the bowl prior and when flushing.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:19 AM   #6
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Here is some reading about your Vacuflush that will keep you busy for a week. https://www.google.com/search?q=vacu...earch=irv2.com

I also have a thread going http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/vacuf...ed-441781.html

There is several here that know way more than me and have had years of practice with them, listen and follow their advice.

First of all if you didn't eat it or wipe your butt with it don't put it in the toilet. No feminine hygiene products. Half bowel of water when depositing solids. I generally use the two flush method when large deposits. The DW should use some more water when peeing. If your concerned about filling black tank fast I would rather dump sooner than deal with the clog.

Sometimes the clog will be right at the throat of the toilet. A 1/2" dowel or stick is your friend to get it moving.

What I have done for a serious clog is use a plunger-very carefully. Turn off water, hold down foot valve, put plunger in place and use, one downstroke only, break suction and repeat.

Now I have read lately that plunging away works, I don't know.

Old 05-14-2019, 06:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
Here is some reading about your Vacuflush that will keep you busy for a week. https://www.google.com/search?q=vacu...earch=irv2.com

I also have a thread going http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/vacuf...ed-441781.html

There is several here that know way more than me and have had years of practice with them, listen and follow their advice.

First of all if you didn't eat it or wipe your butt with it don't put it in the toilet. No feminine hygiene products. Half bowel of water when depositing solids. I generally use the two flush method when large deposits. The DW should use some more water when peeing. If your concerned about filling black tank fast I would rather dump sooner than deal with the clog.

Sometimes the clog will be right at the throat of the toilet. A 1/2" dowel or stick is your friend to get it moving.

What I have done for a serious clog is use a plunger-very carefully. Turn off water, hold down foot valve, put plunger in place and use, one downstroke only, break suction and repeat.

Now I have read lately that plunging away works, I don't know.

I have plunged mine a couple times and it seems to work. Lots of water usually will keep it from plugging.
2018 Bounder 35k
MHandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, toilet