Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2019, 11:18 PM   #15

Awww. just saw this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfordguy View Post
Give me the details, where in texas and where to in CA, I might be able to do it, semi retired long time RV'er that has owned many motorhomes, class a gass ,class a DP ( 40ft monaco) and a couple of class c's would be glad to help. We can work out the details
I'm sorry, I just saw this. We have quite a bit going on in our lives right now besides buying the motor home. One of the issues is our stick built has apparently had a major water leak for quite some time which we just found out about 10 days ago. So all the mold that was found is probably the reason for us being sick with respiratory problems for the last 4 months or more.

Anyways, we signed with Horizon Transport and they are bringing the Bounder here to us. We decided we just can't spare the time to go get it or to meet it 1/2 way and drive it the rest. Plus being somewhat sick we just don't have the energy. That should all change soon as the walls have been torn out, the mold removed and the framing has been treated for mold. Quarantine was lifted so now we have access.

We are keeping our fingers crossed the Bounder makes it to us in one piece and still in new condition.

What's that saying about if it weren't for bad luck......

It should arrive 9/3 or 9/4.
RoadTripN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2019, 01:32 PM   #16

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTripN View Post

Anyways, we signed with Horizon Transport and they are bringing the Bounder here to us.

It should arrive 9/3 or 9/4.
Keep in touch and let us know how it goes..fulltiming in your back yard..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Keep in touch and let us know how it goes..fulltiming in your back yard..
Thanks! We'll post after we take possession of it. We might go down the street and park around the corner on weekends to make it seem as if we are camping somewhere.

Horizon Transport is an interesting company. I thought of you as they are always looking for drivers to deliver trailers, class c and class a RVs.

We arranged to meet our driver at the airport since she is flying out after delivering it. There's a great place just after exiting the freeway to meet up with her. She has already estimated her arrival to us (barring any problems) and already has a ticket to go back to where ever she goes back to.

She says she loves the job, has been doing it for 5 years now. The transport company pays for insurance, fuel, transportation back, and a per mile rate that she drives. She said she can pickup as many deliveries as she can handle, or just do a few a month.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:06 AM   #18

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTripN View Post

Horizon Transport is an interesting company. I thought of you as they are always looking for drivers to deliver trailers, class c and class a RVs.
When I was forced to retire I gave up my CDL, So I would not be tempted to try to return to driving professionally.. but thnx for the thoughts.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:08 PM   #19
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update they are important for those who may do a search of the subject in the future.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:10 AM   #20

Update: It arrived in one piece

UPDATE:

Our Fleetwood arrived in one piece yesterday around 10am. It was transported from Alvarado, TX to Sacramento, CA by Horizon Transport. They charge $1.50/mile and it includes insurance during the tow, fuel, driver accommodations, and driver's transportation back if they aren't pulling a toad.

It all went well, other than the RV was covered in bugs!

We are taking it to a nearby RV park this weekend to check it out and make sure everything works and make notations of anything else we see that needs to be brought to Fleetwood's attention.

So another step is completed in the direction of retirement for us. A couple more steps to take. Not sure how long those will take but we are actively working on them.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:25 AM   #21
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update, it’s good to see your satisfied with the experience.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:34 AM   #22

Glad to hear your coach made it ok, know the place you bought it from. Just up the road from me, that’s where mine came from. The only disconnect is the transport side Horizon drive off usually makes the driver pay for all the fuel and there own way home unless they tow there own vehicle.
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:11 PM   #23

Congrats on the new Bounder. I have had three Fleetwood motorhomes over the last 30+ years. We have a Bounder dp now. Fleetwood has a really good tech department. Wish you the best