Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2017, 01:15 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Picking up our 2018 Discovery 39F

We are picking up our new Discovery XLE 39F next week. We love the layout. This is our third MH and by far the nicest and most powerful we have ever had. As soon as sticks and bricks sell, we will be 100% full timers in our new coach. This is my first Fleetwood product. Does anyone have any comments both pro and con on there personal experiences.
BobbyBa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2017, 12:08 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We're hoping to close the deal on our new Discovery 40D Tuesday. So I really wanted to see a lot of positive responses to your post....it is still early.

This will be our second Fleetwood pusher. Current rig is a 2008 Expedition, we bought it used and over all has been a solid motor home. Being nearly 10 years old it has had its share of repairs and replacements. But it never left us stranded and 70% of the issues I fixed myself. Just hope the New REV Fleetwood, is building a quality product.

Best of luck with your soon to be yours rig!
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 12:11 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for your reply. Good luck with your new coach as well. Let's stay in touch and compare notes on our experiences.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:09 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBa View Post
Thanks for your reply. Good luck with your new coach as well. Let's stay in touch and compare notes on our experiences.
You got it, I'll send you a PM, so we can swap email addresses. I suspect doing a real through PDI is going to be critical. From the posts I have been reading REV products do not have the quality of build the pre-bankrupt Fleetwood had. We'll see.
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:05 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
We bought a 2017 lxe 40d and have been quite happy. We are not full time but have put about 7K miles on it since picking it up in April. Plenty of power for towing the Jeep through the mountains of Colorado and quite comfortable. The issues we've had have been minor and in most cases easily fixable with a quick call to the help line for the component manufacturers (much easier than calling the dealer). The Fleetwoods seem to have a lot of bells and whistles for a lower price point than a lot of the other brands. I'm sure you will be quite happy. Enjoy!

2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE 40D
tscarps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:40 PM   #6

We have had our 17 40E since June and love it. Couple squeaks I have been chasing but that is about it. Oh and don't forget to tie up the fridge door or get a locking mechanism. They have a tendency to come open if something inside moves against the doors.
MikeO58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:23 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
15 40E bought Mar 15. Major systems no problem. But way too many minor problems in 24k miles. Did not buy service contract since I can fix most anything. As a Engineer and Maint Mgr, I want everything working right. Live in TX, bought in Mesa AZ. Taking back to original dealer for service is not a reality.
But now I know every system well....
Do a very thorough PDI, Check absolutely everything! Bring a bright flashlite. Especially under slides, cabinets and drawers.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:32 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks Fiesta48. I too am a engineer. I do like things to work properly. We do our PDI on Friday. Plan on taking most of the day. Wife has a very keen eye as well. Will report on findings.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:08 PM   #9

Make sure when you do your walk through make the dealer fix anything that is wrong with it don't drive it off the lot until you are completely satisfied with everything. It's time consuming but make sure the slides open up and close, air conditioners work, heat pump works furnaces work, everything trust me once you sign the paper work and take it off the lot they will not be any hury to fix things.
RickyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:56 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just took delivery of a 2018 Discovery LXE 40G last Friday so I do not have much input but so far every thing has been good. Had a couple little things to fix when I did the PDI dealer fixed them before I left.
Dennis429 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, discovery