Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #1

Please Help slide out not working, in Reno 2 Wks.

2007 Excursion 39V, no power to big slide. I'm reasonable sure it a fuse can't find the right fuse box. There is a box under the bed that has 4 fuses F1, F2, F3, and F4 all good. We are in Reno, NV for 10 more days with no slide. I called Fleetwood, this morning did not return my call.

In Reno to see Grandson #3 born Thursday
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
You may have more fuses in the outside compartment that has the inverter/charger. Could be a big Black box with fuses inside it.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Slide not working

Had that problem on my 06 39L Providence. Found connecter on wire to switch about 2 foot down in bedroom wall not making connection. Took it apart and reconnected and worked fine.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #4

Check the inverter fuses. You should have also lost ac power in part of the coach. When my wall slide did not work the inverter fuse had popped. My inverter fuse is on the left side of the inverter and difficult to see. However, I did not know that it was the fuse until I erased the slide program. DO NOT touch the two red buttons that are by those F1, F2, F3, and F4 fuses because that will erase the slide program. (For the ten people who are going to tell me that the inverter has nothing to do with this issue, on my coach, one of the two fuses on the inverter controls the ac in the front of the coach)

You could also try to find a fleetwood dealer who has a wall slide programmer. Fleetwood owner relations is usually very good.

If all else fails you can bring the slide in under power by having one person hold in the two red buttons while another operates the slide controls. However the slide will no longer operate automatically because you will have erased the program. I had to operate my slide that way for two months while waiting for General RV to acquire a slide programmer.

pcurt Bounder 38v
pcurt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Just a thought.
Michael Hohl RV
4455 S. Carson St
Carson City, Nv
775-885-1777 (Service Dept)
I believe they are Fleetwood dealer, you may give their service dept a call and ask them over the phone if they can lead you in the right direction. Never know they likely will and could be worth the phone call.
Congrats on new little grandson.
Our granddaughter was born at St.Mary's in Reno, our kids live south of Reno in Gardnerville, NV beautiful area.
BarkAvenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:58 PM   #6

Check the connector going to the control modules for the slide. In my coach the control modules are in the same compartment as the inverter. There are also fuses on the control modules.
twpeters is offline   Reply With Quote