Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-10-2014, 07:30 AM   #1
Member
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 40
Porch Light

I know this sounds elementary, but we can't figure out how to turn on the overhead exterior porch light and also the "scare light" on the side of the rig. There is a rocker switch on the cab panel, but it doesn't do anything that we can discern and the switch in the stairwell turns on the handle and step lights, but not the overhead porch light. Anyone else have this issue?
Thanks, Debby
__________________
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K
Jeep Wrangler, Demco Tow Bar & Base Plate, Invisibrake
Greg813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2014, 07:32 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Tha_Rooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,718
I say the same switch that turns on hand rail turns light on check bulb
__________________
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:23 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brian W's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bartlett, TN
Posts: 1,324
Debby,

Are you talking about drivers side or passenger side? If you are talking about passenger side our porch light button is right besides the steps. If drivers side ours has a rocker switch by the generator start, fans, map lights, etc that is the utility light. It turns on the light above the wet bay as well as allows the light to be turned on in the wet bay.


Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
__________________
Brian and Tammy
2017 Entegra Aspire 44b
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
n5pht's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 413
Blog Entries: 1
Probably not the case with you but might be and could help others. Our Montana 5er had a remote to do lots of stuff (slides, jacks, etc.) and you could also turn on the scare lights and IF you did so with the remote the inside switch was rendered no good. If you turned them back off with the remote then the switch inside was fine again. I met someone and told him this and he was about to take out the bulbs before I explained this to him. If you have a remote thought that might lead to your solution. I have no idea how many RV use such a system buy our Montana 343RL certainly did operate in that way.
__________________
Gary and Karen Stone - stick home in Texas
LCMS Church - 2014 Minnie Winnie 31KP, 2014 Jeep Gary is N5PHT, Ham Op, Retired from Fed Gov
n5pht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #5
Member
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by n5pht View Post
Probably not the case with you but might be and could help others. Our Montana 5er had a remote to do lots of stuff (slides, jacks, etc.) and you could also turn on the scare lights and IF you did so with the remote the inside switch was rendered no good. If you turned them back off with the remote then the switch inside was fine again. I met someone and told him this and he was about to take out the bulbs before I explained this to him. If you have a remote thought that might lead to your solution. I have no idea how many RV use such a system buy our Montana 343RL certainly did operate in that way.
Thanks for the info, but we don't have a remote. This may help others though.
__________________
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K
Jeep Wrangler, Demco Tow Bar & Base Plate, Invisibrake
Greg813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #6
Member
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
Debby,

Are you talking about drivers side or passenger side? If you are talking about passenger side our porch light button is right besides the steps. If drivers side ours has a rocker switch by the generator start, fans, map lights, etc that is the utility light. It turns on the light above the wet bay as well as allows the light to be turned on in the wet bay.


Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Both sides. The outside handle lights up fine and so do the stair lights, but the yellow/gold light above the door will not come on and neither will the big light on the drivers side high up on the outside of the coach above the wet bay. Tried the Utility rocker switch in the location you mentioned and nothing happens. We will check the bulbs next. Thanks for the info.
__________________
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K
Jeep Wrangler, Demco Tow Bar & Base Plate, Invisibrake
Greg813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #7
Member
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg813 View Post
Both sides. The outside handle lights up fine and so do the stair lights, but the yellow/gold light above the door will not come on and neither will the big light on the drivers side high up on the outside of the coach above the wet bay. Tried the Utility rocker switch in the location you mentioned and nothing happens. We will check the bulbs next. Thanks for the info.
Problem solved! It was the bulbs. The receptacle for the big light on the drivers side was full of water from when Lazy Days was trying to find our leak and they ran the coach through their rain bay. The one over the door was just burned out.

We have a puck light or pot light in the ceiling in the dining area with a bad connection and sometimes it will come on and sometimes not. If we thump it, sometimes that will help. It always seems to be something.

This is our first coach and every time we take it camping, something else is wrong. I think this is our 5th or 6th trip and we are currently camping in St Augustine, FL and loving it. Trying to keep fairly close to home until we get some experience before taking a long trip.

I'm sure we will have a ton of questions and we certainly appreciate everyone sharing their expertise.

Debby
__________________
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K
Jeep Wrangler, Demco Tow Bar & Base Plate, Invisibrake
Greg813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Brian W's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bartlett, TN
Posts: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg813 View Post
Problem solved! It was the bulbs. The receptacle for the big light on the drivers side was full of water from when Lazy Days was trying to find our leak and they ran the coach through their rain bay. The one over the door was just burned out.



We have a puck light or pot light in the ceiling in the dining area with a bad connection and sometimes it will come on and sometimes not. If we thump it, sometimes that will help. It always seems to be something.



This is our first coach and every time we take it camping, something else is wrong. I think this is our 5th or 6th trip and we are currently camping in St Augustine, FL and loving it. Trying to keep fairly close to home until we get some experience before taking a long trip.



I'm sure we will have a ton of questions and we certainly appreciate everyone sharing their expertise.



Debby

I had a problem with a interior puck light doing the same thing. My dealership discovered it was a bad connector and replaced it. Quick fix. Glad to hear you figured out the outside lights issue. Glad you are having a great time.


Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
__________________
Brian and Tammy
2017 Entegra Aspire 44b
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bounder: LED replacement for porch light Kpjp Fleetwood Owner's Forum 10 11-24-2014 01:32 PM
Motion sensing porch light notice Clay L iRV2.com General Discussion 7 05-01-2014 08:15 PM
Need exterior porch light lens TravisNuwa81 Vintage RV's 20 05-01-2014 06:30 AM
Bounder: Need to Replace Porch Light & need advice Chuck&Pam Fleetwood Owner's Forum 8 01-15-2014 08:04 PM
What bulb in porch light? vsheetz Class A Motorhome Discussions 6 12-25-2013 10:22 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.