Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2010, 05:28 AM   #141

For whatever it is worth Wesboy, you've got a lot of company. Like you, I have the HWH literature on my desk and plan to call today for the price quote on my 2007 FW Excursion 39V. I bought mine last February (pre-owned) and have had nothing but problems with the levelors even though all of the mods have been performed. I hate to spend $6K but I also hate crawling under that sucker to hot wire each jack.
slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2010, 06:53 AM   #142

power gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt View Post
How do you contact PowerGear? They show no Phone Number on their site. Warranty info indicates it must be done through a dealer.
have you had any success in finding a contact number?
JT Thomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:18 AM   #143

Elkhartjim,
old and slow this morning. Trying to figure out what you mean on this post (#140). Help me please.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #144
Community Administrator

Below is a quote from a new thread on the Winnebago forum titled " HWH system not working " and the response he got from HWH. I post this not to make fun or judge, but only to point out that we are not alone with our jack problems.

"6:08 PM Eastern Time

As the story unfolds...taking the advice from you folks here on IRV2 I sent an email to HWH Service late last night, but so far no acknowledgment. I know, I know, I'm impatient. I was hoping at the very least a response saying they received my email even if they didn't have time to answer my question.

I continued working on the problem today and discovered the shuttle valve was now a container of loose little pieces. So I called HWH this time and got the answer "Do you mind holding" and then dead air space before I could answer yes or no. After about 2 minutes the person came back on the line and I asked for the Parts Department. I was told I would be put on the 3 day call back list. I didn't want technical advice all I wanted to do was order a part. Good thing I wasn't stuck in Timbuktu and needed this part to get back on the road.

So I called around to some local RV dealers and found a shuttle valve that I will pick up tomorrow. I hope that solves the problem.

After all the great things I had heard about the HWH company I was very disappointed in them today.

However, on a happier note, I'll get the part tomorrow instead of next week sometime. Or we may have to take this next trip without slideouts and levelers. It's cramped but we can do it.

I guess the moral of the story is only have coach problems when you have four to six weeks to get them sorted out not 4 or 5 days."

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #145

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry Slammer, I didn't intend to confuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
By George, I think he's got it
What Cliff said....
Old 07-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #146

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifftall View Post
Below is a quote from a new thread on the Winnebago forum titled " HWH system not working " and the response he got from HWH. I post this not to make fun or judge, but only to point out that we are not alone with our jack problems.

"6:08 PM Eastern Time

As the story unfolds...
I'm convinced there will never be a perfectly built motorhome and if there should be, nobody could afford it.

Good post Cliff and thanks for reminding us that it ain't a perfect world.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #147

Today I talked with HWH about removing my PG junk and replacing with their product. They will perform this work at their factory in Moscow, IA for $5352 + tax. Takes about 1 1/2 days. I have also talked with the sales manager at Lazydays RV Supercenter in Fla., (where we bought the coach). I started with the sales mgr because I've bought two RVs from them and pointed out to him that he has the most to gain or lose by helping me find a solution to this ongoing nightmare. Supposed to hear back from him by Friday, but I don't know what to expect as he has no authority over the service department. We'll just play it out and see but I for one can't keep crawling under that sucker.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #148
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer View Post
Today I talked with HWH about removing my PG junk and replacing with their product. They will perform this work at their factory in Moscow, IA for $5352 + tax. Takes about 1 1/2 days. I have also talked with the sales manager at Lazydays RV Supercenter in Fla., (where we bought the coach). I started with the sales mgr because I've bought two RVs from them and pointed out to him that he has the most to gain or lose by helping me find a solution to this ongoing nightmare. Supposed to hear back from him by Friday, but I don't know what to expect as he has no authority over the service department. We'll just play it out and see but I for one can't keep crawling under that sucker.
Not for nothing, but if you and Wes Boy think that your dealers will buy you a new Jack system, I have TWO bridges I'd like to sell you.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #149

I'm totally aware that I'm not going to be visited by Santa Claus at my ripe old age. I also am not prone to letting go that much cash without exploring all options. Phone calls are cheap and time is plentiful.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:25 AM   #150

Slammer – You should not have to crawl under the motorhome to each jack to apply 12 volt to the jacks. Find the PG control box – usually in one of the cargo bins screwed to the ceiling. There should be 4 wires with black plastic covered wires that cover a red & black wires – this is the power source. Also attached to the black wire is a white connection which should be multi colour wires – these are the sensor wires. Remove all the wires from the control box and disconnect the white connections. Don’t worry about mixing them up later because mine are all labels as to which one connects to each other and back on the control box. Apply 12 volt power to the black wire which has the red & black wire inside. You can also use a 12 volt battery charger or connect the wire to the 12 volt motor battery or a spare 12 volt battery. Suggest you use a 10 gauge wire. Attach the wire to the battery and then insert the wires into the plastic black connection. If the jack go up you reverse the wires to have them go down. This way you do not have to crawl under the coach.
Cheer
Wes
WesBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:45 AM   #151
Community Administrator

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesBoy View Post
Slammer – You should not have to crawl under the motorhome to each jack to apply 12 volt to the jacks. Find the PG control box – usually in one of the cargo bins screwed to the ceiling. There should be 4 wires with black plastic covered wires that cover a red & black wires – this is the power source. Also attached to the black wire is a white connection which should be multi colour wires – these are the sensor wires. Remove all the wires from the control box and disconnect the white connections. Don’t worry about mixing them up later because mine are all labels as to which one connects to each other and back on the control box. Apply 12 volt power to the black wire which has the red & black wire inside. You can also use a 12 volt battery charger or connect the wire to the 12 volt motor battery or a spare 12 volt battery. Suggest you use a 10 gauge wire. Attach the wire to the battery and then insert the wires into the plastic black connection. If the jack go up you reverse the wires to have them go down. This way you do not have to crawl under the coach.
Cheer
Wes
Wes

Thanks for sharing this. It will come in handy for a lot of us. I only ask you to re-write it as it sounds confusing to me the way you explained the colors and not being at my MH , it's hard for me to imagine what you're explaining.

Cliff

Old 07-27-2010, 07:00 AM   #152

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Wes Boy. Come on Cliff, get the rose colored glasses off.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #153
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
Thanks Wes Boy. Come on Cliff, get the rose colored glasses off.
I think my problem goes beyond the glasses

Old 07-27-2010, 09:28 AM   #154

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have Power Gear hydraulic jacks. They work perfectly.. Never had one problem. Been up and down a thousand times.
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder