Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2017, 08:39 PM   #1

Power Gear Leveling Jacks not fully extending

Hello all, Recently purchased a 04 discovery and am having problems getting the thing level. If I'm on a fairly level site I have no problems using the jacks. My problems arise when I need to really level the MH. Getting a different site that's level is almost impossible at some places. I'm at a loss as to why this is happening and would like to get some advise from others. I know these are a pretty common brand of leveling jacks so I'm not sure this forum is the right place to get the biggest audience.

I'll use my driveway as an example to tell my problems, I probably need to lift the front about 12" to get it fully level. I know you shouldn't lift any tires off the ground with your jacks but even if I tried i cant do it. If i lower the jacks with nothing under then I see them extend about 16" but if I put about 7" of blocking under them they will only rise about 8", still not level. I can push the button forever with no change. It's like the system doesn't have the power to lift itself up. it definitely isn't reaching it's limit on any jack. I have a bunch of friends with mostly old gas coaches and never have a problem leveling the MH's, hell half of them lift tires off the ground many times.

The tank is full, I've double checked it, but my next step would be to drain it completely and put in new ATF since I'm not sure if that has even been done.
The other thing I can see being a problem is the actual hydraulic pump being out of tolerance. From doing research buying just the pump is almost impossible, so throwing money at things is not exactly what I want to do. I'm really handy and can accomplish almost anything that needs to been done, but I'm at a loss as to where to start.

If anyone has any insight into why I may being having this problem i'm all ears.

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2017, 08:43 PM   #2

On my Fleetwood, even though the tank showed full, it wouldn't always level. Added about 2 tablespoons of fluid and it's worked correctly ever since.

2004 Fleetwood Excursion 39S. 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock Edition.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired-guy View Post
On my Fleetwood, even though the tank showed full, it wouldn't always level. Added about 2 tablespoons of fluid and it's worked correctly ever since.

2004 Fleetwood Excursion 39S. 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock Edition.
I actually filled mine to the very top of the screw hole, so I know it has plenty of fluid.

Jason

Tags
power, jacks, leveling, leveling jacks, power gear