Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Power Gear Pump 2011 Revolution

It has been since summer that we bagan noticing excessive "noise" when activating our Power Gear leveling system on our 2011 AC Revolution. It appears that the pump assembly consists of a 12v motor, base plate, which contains the lower bearing for the motor, and the valve manifold assembly. If you remove the motor via the 2 mounting bolts, you will note that the motor has a shaft which extends into the mounting plate via a coupler and goes thru the lower bearing, which as I stated is the lower support for the motor. In other words, removing the motor circumvents the ability to run it to check for proper operation. One thing you can do is rotate the lower bearing, which is still in the mounting plate, to check for any "roughness" in the bearings. Which is what I found. You might ask, why would this happen in such a short period of time. Well, we all know that products DO fail but I think the main problem here is the lack of a seal from the motor to the mounting plate. Also, the bearing is mounting in a "shallow" compaired to the rest of the surface. I found rust around the bearing indicating water/moisture had gotten into the bearing causing rust. Fortunately our friends at AC replaced the entire pump assembly thereby eliminating the problem, but.... what about going forward???
I am going to effectively seal the area where the motor comes into contact with the mount and hope no water gets into the bearing area.
Power Gear does have a very good pdf showing the pump assembly and you can see how the motor mounts to the flat surface of the mounting plate.
Kudos to AC for the GREAT service in replacing the pump assembly.
RonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Power gear has an excellent ( IMO) tech service via email. They respond quickly and know their stuff. You may want to run your idea past them. If you do , their email address is info@powergearus.com .

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Power Gear was great with us this past May ... we had problems with their product as well as Spartan's interaction with it as part of their air suspension arrangement. Fleetwood was great (I dealt with Larry in Owner relations) as was Spartan and Power Gear. Fleetwood arranged to air overnight an entire pump assembly to St. Augustine Florida so I could replace mine. I went back to the Fleetwood factory on our way home and the Power Gear rep met us at the service facility to apologize, explain, and mostly I think to make sure we were happy? Don't be afraid to call Fleetwood.
Coached is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power