Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #15

New2this, could you give us the part number? I'd like to have it on file when this comes up again.

Neo, hope you're succesful too. I know how hard it is to have your rig in storage and have to wait until the weekend. Our rig is almost fifty miles away.
Fish Peddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2013, 04:39 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Fish Peddler - the part nomenclature is "Window Motor" and the part number: 42-309. I purchased it from O'Reillys Auto for $39.99 plus tax. I requested a driver-side window motor for a 1995 Ford Taurus and this is what they had in their system for that part.
New2this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:44 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Peddler View Post
Neo, hope you're succesful too. I know how hard it is to have your rig in storage and have to wait until the weekend. Our rig is almost fifty miles away.
Wow, I can't imagine having my RV that far away. Mine is just over a mile away so it's not too bad going over and working on it. My biggest problem is not having the right tool with me.

Regarding my step problem... When I went over on Friday to work on it again - to test the step motor - there was power at the switch (which had been absent) so I got under the step and unhooked the harness to the step. When I plugged it back it, the solenoid clicked so I knew it was getting power. I grabbed the harness that goes to the motor and when I wiggled it, the step worked.... Further investigation would indicate that the harness connector to the motor needs to be cleaned.

Unfortunately, this still doesn't explain the 'gremlins' I've been fighting over the last 3 years with the step. When the step has refused to operate, I know for a fact that there has been no power at the switch in the stairwell.
In light of the fact that there now IS power to the switch (and step), my investigation into why there is no power to the switch is suspended - until it happens again.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #18

There are a few problems with being so far away but, the cost is good for all they provide and any storage near home would be another $100 a month.

Glad you got it working, finding gremlins is a problem and I could tell you stories from my 30 years working on traffic signals. I think I found that number but, thank you so much. It is a Dorman number and their old number is not good. I think I found that there are phenolic motors for the early steps but the were "Ford motors" and all the after market motors were alum.

Got to go have breakfast. Thanks again and happy camping.

David
Fish Peddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Peddler View Post
There are a few problems with being so far away but, the cost is good for all they provide and any storage near home would be another $100 a month.
I'm not sure where you live David but I pay $300/yr for my RV storge. It's outside in a fenced and locked grass lot but the area is safe and I am not worried about vandalism or theft.

EDIT: I see you live in LA... ouch. From what I've experienced out there, you could almost park the thing on the highway and nobody would notice that it never moves...

Tags
electrical, power