Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2020, 04:15 PM   #1

Power switches in 2016 Pace Arrow

Maybe someone who has one can help answer some questions about power switches in my Pace Arrow.

There are two switches, each with lights on them on the pedestal just inside the door of the coach? One is labeled "main" and the other is labeled "aux".

Then in the rear, passenger side basement bin sits what I believe is the inverter. There's a knob whose labeling I cannot read, but I think it reads on and off.

First of all, can someone tell me what each of these three controls do?

Secondly, in a past coach I had, I would press a use/store switch that disconnected the house battery. I'm trying to do this in my Pace Arrow. but in my old coach, killing the power to the entire coach still left the steps motor working. So I could close the door and the steps would still retract.

On the Pace Arrow, turning all three switches off causes the steps to remain in the open position.

Third, I want to make sure the fridge does not continue to run. So I turn the knob near the inverter to the off position.

Can someone tell me definitively what these three switches do and what best practices would be when the mh isn't going to be used for a few weeks?
Fairfieldwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2020, 04:54 PM   #2

Main is chassis battery disconnect.

Aux is house battery disconnect.

Big switch in back is the inverter disconnect switch.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:32 PM   #3

Twinboat is correct on purpose of the three switches. When leaving the coach in storage for more than 2 days I shut all three switches off.
Paul57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 12:19 PM   #4

Thanks for the helpful info. I also learned that oddly, the residential refrigerator is switched on and off through the hot water electric switch. Isn't that weird?
Old 10-09-2020, 02:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfieldwiz View Post
Thanks for the helpful info. I also learned that oddly, the residential refrigerator is switched on and off through the hot water electric switch. Isn't that weird?
That does not sound correct. I would call REV and ask about that switch controlling the refrigerator. Is the refer a residential or traditional rv 3 way refer?
I have a '16 Bounder, basically the twin of the Pace Arrow.
To add context to the main/Aux switches, they control solenoids in something known as the BCC (Battery Control Center). Why you will hear a clunk when you use the rocker switches up and down. That's the solenoid moving from one position to the other. Those solenoids control the flow of electric (12v) to/from the batts to the respective devices all via the BCC.
Old 10-10-2020, 02:15 PM   #6

Smile

The 2016 Pace Arrow replaced the 2016 Excursion which is what I have. It does seem odd to have the residential fridge wired to the electric hot water heater and it isnít that way in the Excursion either. I would call Fleetwood or have it tested next time you have it in for service. You have a great coach - we love ours!
Paul57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 06:40 PM   #7

It is a residential fridge. We just got the coach three weeks ago, drove it 1500 miles home and took one weekend trip in it. So I'm still figuring things out.

I did figure out once how to have the steps remain retracted while all the power is off. You have to be in the coach with the door closed and then kill the two power switches. When you open the door the stairs will remain retracted.

Tags
ace, pace arrow, power, switch