Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2021, 10:54 AM   #1

PowerGear 3 leg Hyd system Info

Curious if anyone knows which solenoids are activated when your raising each of the levelers on 95 American dream. It is hydraulic level system with 3 legs.The pump valvebody has 3 leg level solenoids (orange RR , Purple RL and Yellow FRT control grounds) , one dump solenoid (green controls ground)and a float sensor (brown positive 12v sent to power dash light when levelers are lowered) to let you know legs are lowered. I have wired them to a new manual system which works good but raise is slow (wasn't paying 1600 for updated boards).I have it wired where it raises levelers without the motor running.They had done the update to rewire system where all solenoids were 12v powered constant and ground was controlled by controller to raise and lower. Meaning power was constant to every solenoid dump valve and float sensor and the controller only sent ground to solenoids to activate them based on what was demanded. The pump is controlled with a solenoid which had a blue trigger wire of 12v sent from controller to turn pump on when needed. Now it is sending 12v from other side of DPDT paddle switchs when lowering units. I really just need to know which solenoids should be activated whenever your asking it to raise the levelers. Should the motor also be activated to come on while you are trying to raise , to help speed up raise process. When I say it takes a while I mean it takes about min of holding each switch to raise before the leveler is fully raised.System works now , just raise is slow and wondering if I should be grounding the dump valve at same time I ground the level leg solenoid so it raises faster. I have motor only come on when lowering units. It does not energize the motor solenoid when I am raising levelers. Anyone here have any knowledge of this. It had a 500105/500106 boards but system was not working at all when got RV. I ran a 7 core wire from pump in rear to inside at drivers area where old touch pad was. Relay at pump to energize pump solenoid.Currently have Brown to turn dash lights on when levelers as not raise.Yellow/Orange/Purple control grounds to each leveler solenoid. Blue sends 12v back to power pump on. Green controls the ground to dump valve. All solenoids are powered from red constant power with a 10 amp fuse that was rewired during a recall or leveler system update.
TryDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2021, 03:50 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Get in touch with waiter 21. John is working on a new system for the jacks and probably will be well qualified to answer your question.
Old 07-25-2021, 05:45 PM   #3

Spartan Chassis
You can search (powergear leveling systems) and find all the manuals for all there systems new and old. It will take a while to find your correct manual. It will give you all the info you need. On my 4 post power up unit, yellow is for roadside rear which is also called left rear. orange is curbside rear which is Right rear. and purple is front jacks. I have two hoses on each jack for power down and up. If you have springs on your jacks then you have power down only. Hope this helps.
gatorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 10:25 AM   #4

Hi TryDuck,
I’m looking to do a similar thing that you’re doing: have toggle switches to control front/left/rear jacks and do away with controller and touchpad (I’m using LevelMatePRO for levelling). I also want to be able to retract the jacks individually, not all together. I actually want to go a bit further and hook this up to my panned “smart rv” system: all controlled via iPad or cellphone, but that’s another topic altogether.

I got stuck at a campground with no power to the touchpad and applied 12v to front/left/rear valves to raise them bypassing the controller/touchpad. I’m still trying to determine the underlying problem for that one.

I’m just wondering why there is a dump valve. By applying 12v to each of the valves they retracted beautifully, I never applied 12v to the dump valve.

Do you happen to have a hydraulic schematic that shows all 4 valves and how they are hooked up in combination with the pump? Is the dump valve there to bypass the pump when raising the jacks?

I’ve attached a screenshot of a PG manual I found which indicates that the dump valve should be energized when raising the jacks. Note the text by “Pin 4”: “...Output to dump valve. Energized with +12vdc when the "retract all jacks" button is pushed...”. Maybe that will speed up the raising of the jacks?

here’s the URL for the document:

Power-Gear-Service-Manual-82-L0506.pdf

In your case I think the “roadside rear leg” DPDT toggle switch should be wired as follows:
  • Pole 1: send 12v to “roadside rear leg” solenoid valve both on “up” and on “down” (pin 5)
  • Pole 2: on “up” (raise) send 12 v to dump solenoid valve (pin 4); on “down” (lower) send 12v to motor solenoid. (Pin 3)

This way you have 3 toggle switches with “up/down” controlling front/left/right jacks independently.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DFC8D03D-F47A-4032-BD4B-3B1899D97E74.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	341881  
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power