RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2020, 01:20 PM   #1

Problem fitting ABCO replacement MANRV101-RF water valve to Bounder

So I bought a replacement water valve because it was filling the fresh tank when on city position (didn't want to mess with the replacement inserts).
https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/99f63...b0fe50e2de.pdf

However, I have a big leak from the lower fitting that the right angle PEX adapter to the house faucets/fixtures connects to.

It looks like some kind of compression fitting, the valve side has a bevel like for a flare, and the right angle fitting coming of the Pex has a beveled rubber washer to match.

The problem is, the threads on the new valve are too #@^$#& short, and so the washer never gets compressed enough to seal, because the outside collar bottoms out on the body of the valve.

Like an idiot I already threw the old valve out to compare.

I think my options are:

1. Find a brass extension fitting to create longer threads on the valve
2. Cut the collar of the Rex right angle adapter a bit shorter to allow it to compress the fitting properly.
3. pack an extra rubber flat washer under the beveled one and hope it creates enough compression. But my trip to Home Depot turned up nothing.

Do any of you know what threads these are and what kind of right angle Pex adapter is on there?

This should be the same for at least 2015 onwards I'd think.

Yes, I'm leaving for a trip tomorrow.
Bigfoot_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2020, 01:22 PM   #2

The bottom outlet labelled to cold fixtures is the one that is too short.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.21.06 PM.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	302426  
Old 09-26-2020, 03:35 PM   #3

Well, I think I fixed the problem. The old washer (only 2 years old...) was about 0.5mm compressed too much from the prior use.

I was able to find a Sharkbite brass 1/2" barb to 1/2" FNPT swivel that had the same OD/ID bevel washer, and it was about 1mm taller.

New washer on left, old washer on right.

Even with that I doubt I could cinch it up more than another 1/4" turn before the outer part of the swivel bottoms out on the new valve body.

Here is the Sharkbite fitting I took the rubber washer out of. (less work than installing the whole thing). A straight fitting same size also has the same washer.

https://www.amazon.com/SharkBite-UC5.../dp/B00A8HSWIC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8208.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	302446  

Tags
ace, bounder, problem, replace, replacement, v10, valve, water