Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2014, 09:26 PM   #85
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveVolt View Post
Did the forklift remove the generator from the front (vs dropping it down)?
Correct, it was brought out just as an Eagle would slid out, if you look at the picture of the generator the bolts were removed from the flange to the frame of the MH rather than from the flange to the generator

GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2014, 05:14 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
Correct, it was brought out just as an Eagle would slid out, if you look at the picture of the generator the bolts were removed from the flange to the frame of the MH rather than from the flange to the generator

I wonder what it would take to to upgrade the mount to a slide like the Eagle has or if it would even be worth it. It seems if that could be serviced on a slide the leaks would have been found way earlier and oil changes would be way more accessible. But if the bumPer and front panel had to be removed it would still be a PIA.
stumpnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:36 AM   #87
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpnc View Post
I wonder what it would take to to upgrade the mount to a slide like the Eagle has or if it would even be worth it. It seems if that could be serviced on a slide the leaks would have been found way earlier and oil changes would be way more accessible. But if the bumPer and front panel had to be removed it would still be a PIA.
It is something I would like to look at, but the whole front and bumper has to slide with the generator. The biggest problem I believe would the the side bumper mounts.

It was also mentioned earlier or in a different thread, that the Eagle generator was gas???????

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/amer...ml#post1893465

Now that I look closely at the Eagle Generator it looks like injectors on the top of the engine. The posters comment was

"Ya but you have a quiet diesel Genoator." which I may have misunderstood to mean he had gas.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:31 AM   #88

Monaco Owners Club
Looking good Glenn. I know I like the sliding generator tray soooo much more on my Dynasty vs. the way in was mounted in our previous coach, (1991 Beaver Contessa). I had to drop it out of the Beaver and it was a pain to say the least.

I was going to recommend that you replace belts/hoses/filters and anything else in question under the generator compartments while you have it out but it looks like you are a step ahead.

Look great. Going to feel like a new coach when you are done.

Kind of getting me excited about getting mine out in the next week or so. I have to rebuild my drag link as soon as I get it home from storage. I detected some play in one of the drag link ends last fall and wouldn't you know it, the drag link end is swaged in, and it cannot be replaced, they want to sell you a complete drag link to the toon of a grand. I guess I will have to fire up the lather and welder to machine and install a threaded end so it can be replaced next time.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:33 AM   #89
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
Looking good Glenn. I know I like the sliding generator tray soooo much more on my Dynasty vs. the way in was mounted in our previous coach, (1991 Beaver Contessa). I had to drop it out of the Beaver and it was a pain to say the least.

I was going to recommend that you replace belts/hoses/filters and anything else in question under the generator compartments while you have it out but it looks like you are a step ahead.

Look great. Going to feel like a new coach when you are done.

Kind of getting me excited about getting mine out in the next week or so. I have to rebuild my drag link as soon as I get it home from storage. I detected some play in one of the drag link ends last fall and wouldn't you know it, the drag link end is swaged in, and it cannot be replaced, they want to sell you a complete drag link to the toon of a grand. I guess I will have to fire up the lather and welder to machine and install a threaded end so it can be replaced next time.

Mike.
Sounds like you have a nice shop, pictures!

It will take several years to get it back to where it should be, but once it warms up I can start doing some of it myself.

We are looking at a high of -3 with wind chill of -25, and still have months to see the ground again.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:54 PM   #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

It will take several years to get it back to where it should be, but once it warms up I can start doing some of it myself.

We are looking at a high of -3 with wind chill of -25, and still have months to see the ground again.
Wow, those temps suck. Sounds like our December (although not quite as cold), most of the month was in the singe digits with highs in the high teens/low 20's. Abnormally cold for us that early. Our January has been unseasonably warm with temps in the high 30's/low 40's, it has been great. I am not complaining, at least not until I need to water my lawn in the summer and there is no water.

Mike.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:46 AM   #91

Glen,
My Genny is an 8.0 Diesel, I failed to mention that, by the way I heard you have a new friend at Fleetwood ( Jeff )-- Great Guy and Awesome service.
I Made it down to Florida on Monday just before the %hit hit fan in Atlanta.
Maybe I'll see you in Gainesville.

Chuck
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #92
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA225 View Post
Glen,
My Genny is an 8.0 Diesel, I failed to mention that, by the way I heard you have a new friend at Fleetwood ( Jeff )-- Great Guy and Awesome service.
I Made it down to Florida on Monday just before the %hit hit fan in Atlanta.
Maybe I'll see you in Gainesville.

Chuck
Meeting you there would be great. I could really look at how the Eagle doors are configured (I would like to convert to the pantograph door hinges. It seems the problem will be with the trim the Dream has at the top edge that the Eagle does not have.).

I will be in RV spot 28, we plan on arriving Wednesday and staying through Monday.

You have an 8 liter generator?
Old 01-30-2014, 09:45 AM   #93

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

You have an 8 liter generator?
I am thinking an 8kw generator.

Mike.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #94
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
I am thinking an 8kw generator.

Mike.
Stupid me, that makes sense. A 8 liter generator would be quite large.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:15 PM   #95

Yes that would be an 8 KW, look me up I'll be pitted on the main rd east of where the Tires guy's are, Blue Beretta S/Gas - Lucas on the side.
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #96

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Glenn, I didn't want to hijack your project thread or the other 1993-2000 coach thread with all of my pictures so I started a new thread showing the various RV's that my wife and I have had over the past 20+ years.

Your thread here inspired me to scan some pictures so I had a digital version and could post some.

When you get a chance check it out here.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/our-...vs-191465.html

Thanks again for starting this thread. Seeing some of these older American coaches kind of makes me miss our last coach.

Mike.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:41 PM   #97
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRA225 View Post
Yes that would be an 8 KW, look me up I'll be pitted on the main rd east of where the Tires guy's are, Blue Beretta S/Gas - Lucas on the side.
If you are not busy I will introduce myself when I see you.

Quote:
Glenn, I didn't want to hijack your project thread or the other 1993-2000 coach thread with all of my pictures so I started a new thread showing the various RV's that my wife and I have had over the past 20+ years.

Your thread here inspired me to scan some pictures so I had a digital version and could post some.

When you get a chance check it out here.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/our-...vs-191465.html

Thanks again for starting this thread. Seeing some of these older American coaches kind of makes me miss our last coach.

Mike.
Very nice, I kinda of wish you had done that here to keep the thread alive
Old 02-05-2014, 09:46 PM   #98
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well I resisted a long time in not mentioning the name of the repair facility that ripped me off when I returned from AZ with the MH.

I should have known better than to tell a shop to just do the repairs, but I had had dealings with this shop when I was driving tankers.

I had no idea how bad people will rip other people off.

They charged way to much labor time and their repairs were ineffective.

Now you would think I would be concerned about them suing me for slander, but the State of New York Department of Motor Vehicles Division of Vehicle Safety Services agreed with me and forced a refund.

Still I did not mention the name until now.

This past week the fan motor was pulled apart, this is the fan motor that they made three attempts at repair and it was found that, and wait for it......, Conway Volvo Truck & Bus, 2654 W Henrietta Rd., Rochester, NY 14623, had not only used the wrong type of o-ring (a/c o-rings, not hydraulic o-rings), but the wrong size, and then filled the voids with silicone sealer, and charge $500.00 to do this job.

My advice is number one get a written estimate up front before you do any work, and number two stay away from these guys..... Conway Volvo Truck & Bus

Tags
projects