Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2017, 09:59 AM   #141

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiluxinvt View Post
Little update Mr Dave we ended up with a fridge. However not the one I wanted but it fits the space. A whirlpool wrt111sfdb we got a ice maker for it as well. It has lots of room around it since it is a 10.7 cu fridge. I am trying to figure out some creative ways to use the space. However thankful to have a fridge again.
Hey liluxinvt,

Appreciate the update. Better to have a working fridge than none!

I bet that one was really simple to put in without all the modifying of cabinets I had to do.

Take Care!

Dave and Young
Mr. Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2017, 10:02 AM   #142

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennLever View Post
Nicely done.

I tried the online registration at Lowe's. The third party verification could not verify my status. Went to the store and within 10 minutes I have a MYLOWES card on the way that will give me the 10% military discount (not a credit card, just a card to present at the cash register to receive my discount).

Home Depot will not give me a discount. They will only recognize Active duty members, Disabled Veterans, and retired Veterans. They will not recognize my service from 69 to 75. As the two stores are close to the same distance apart for me, I bet you can guess where I will be spending my money.

Thanks for the tip.
Hi Glenn,

Glad it worked out for you. I had the same problem of it not working online. Went to a local Lowes (I was in Portland, OR at the time this was announced) and it took them a few minutes to verify it.

Agree with you that I first look to Lowes when buying stuff.

Dave and Young
Back at our Home Base
Old 08-10-2017, 10:06 AM   #143

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Watching arrivals, and parking (particularly backing up) is a great past time.

Back when I had a boat watching people dock was also a great past time.

I can understand the attraction of sitting under the awning with the TV on and a cold drink.

Glenn
LOL! Agree this is a great past time.

I do like to sit outside under the awning with a beverage. I just prefer listening to a smooth Jazz channel over my Bose sound link while reading and watching the going ons around me.

Dave and Young
Old 08-11-2017, 06:11 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dave View Post
Man Cave – Phase 1 – Tools storage

Now that I’ve completed this step, I’ll ponder a bit on how to better organize the other essential things that I carry in this bay.

Take care,

Dave
Currently in College Park, MD at Cherry Hill RV Park
Awesome sauce! Best thread on the forum! Doesn't hurt that we have the same coach model.
I'm thinking of adding a mini fridge to the tv compartment and some sort of
tool managment in the inverter bay. Just think I'd need to vent the compartment somehow to manage the heat.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:30 AM   #145

Entry Door Seal

Mr. Dave, I've been wanting to ask you if you've ever replaced or repaired the seal on your entry door?

Mine has split at the top. Rev group says this is the right seal, but I'm unsure as I have no experience in this area. I can order a linear foot and see.
If it's right, maybe I could find it elsewhere cheaper. They usually have a healthy markup.
Sorry for the photo orientation. For some reason when I upload, it rotates. Even if I try to rotate counteractively, it still isn't correct. 😜
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2696.PNG
Views:	128
Size:	593.5 KB
ID:	172481   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2240.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	172483  

Old 08-11-2017, 08:16 AM   #146
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dave View Post
Man Cave – Phase 1 – Tools storage

One of the many projects on my to-do list was to come up with a better way to organize the many tools that I haul around with me. For those that have a ‘more mature’ motor home, this is par for the course to expect to repair stuff. To repair stuff, one must have tools!!!

I repurposed the front bay on the passenger side from an entertainment center to my ‘Man Cave’. I need to give credit to Santa Claus for the naming convention and in the same location!

I have a large toolbox in my garage. In the past, I would simply grab each tray of tools and pile it on the slide that was formerly used for the outside TV. Seeing how I really don’t want to watch TV outside, this was the most logical spot to commandeer for tool storage.

Here’s a photo of the less than primo storage. Sad, isn't it?

Another photo without the tool trays showing the other stuff I bring with me.

My solution was to make a small cabinet that would hold the trays. This way I can continue to just move them from my garage toolbox to the box in the motor home.

I wanted to make it ‘skinny’ to keep the weight down. First step is a quarter sheet of ¾ birch plywood. I cut the 2 sides to measure 24” tall by 18” deep. This would give me 6 trays high by the tray depth.

I needed full extension slides that would work with my drawers. I found these at Lowes and they fit perfectly.

After cutting the two sides, I started to mount the slide bases. The offset from the bottom should clear the seals on the motor home bay bottom where this cabinet will be installed.

This photo shows the slides installed on both sides of the cabinet.

My tool drawers have a latch on the right hand side to keep them closed. So, let’s drill a hole and square off the front edge for the latch on the drawers so they’ll lock in the new cabinet.

Time to see if my measurements were sort of close. Yep, looking fine.

Time to move the new cabinet to the motor home. First step is to make some more room. In this photo I removed the old slide used for the tube style TV. There were about 7 screws that held it to the bottom of the bay.

Next, let’s get rid of the radio that I seldom used.

Now that the radio is out of the way, let’s see how it fits. Remember, this is phase 1 focusing on storing the tool trays. I’ll look later at how to maximize the storage and efficiency. Pretty sure the speaker enclosuere will be deep-sixed.

Now that I have it in the bay, let’s double check how the trays fit. Looking good!

Does the bottom tray clear the seal on the bay? Yep!!

I secured the new bay cabinet to the rear wall and to the floor. Here is a photo showing it fully loaded with all the crap I carry with me. The bags on the right hold my DeWalt drill and impact driver, wire ties and paper towels are on top, and miscellaneous tools in the very bottom bag.

On the left are some other tools I carry with me. Probably way too much but the reality is I have used most everything I carry with me over the last couple of years.

Now that I’ve completed this step, I’ll ponder a bit on how to better organize the other essential things that I carry in this bay.

Take care,

Dave
Currently in College Park, MD at Cherry Hill RV Park
This is my attempt at basement clutter organization.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_3744.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	172498   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3745.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	172499  

Name:	DSC_3197.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	172500  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #147

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVideo View Post
Mr. Dave, I've been wanting to ask you if you've ever replaced or repaired the seal on your entry door?

Mine has split at the top. Rev group says this is the right seal, but I'm unsure as I have no experience in this area. I can order a linear foot and see.

If it's right, maybe I could find it elsewhere cheaper. They usually have a healthy markup.

Sorry for the photo orientation. For some reason when I upload, it rotates. Even if I try to rotate counteractively, it still isn't correct. [emoji12]

Hey CaptainVideo,

I haven't yet messed with the door seals but I need to. It's on my long project list.

I'll look forward to seeing your progress so I can learn and do mine faster!

Dave
Old 08-11-2017, 10:22 AM   #148

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
This is my attempt at basement clutter organization.

Hi Glenn,

I have a couple of these bins tucked behind and below my tool bucket. However, stuff is just tossed in them. I need to get a few more bins, painters tape (or my label maker), and do a better job of grouping stuff.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Dave
Old 11-29-2017, 08:20 PM   #149

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
SilverLeaf Install

It’s been awhile since my last post. Life issues took priority.

My next project is the install of my SilverLeaf engine monitoring system. This project was completed in March 2017.

A couple of notes. I decided to do this with a cobbled-together PC mount I fabricated from some aluminum I picked up at one of the big box stores. I looked at buying something from Ram Mount but decided I needed a distraction to keep my mind occupied so I made a mount.

The PC I used is a NuVision Windows 10 tablet. I found it on clearance at Office Depot for only $100. Not too shabby.

The photos that follow outline how I approached this project. Keep in mind I’m not a machinist so the work could have been done in a more professional manner but the price was right (maybe $6) and it doesn’t look too bad. Perhaps in the future I’ll redo it.

Here we go:

This first phots shows my standard gauge layout

My thought was I could create a frame that would float above the existing gauges. The size of the tablet will cover the gauges but still let me see the air pressure gauges.

First step was to cut the frame members. On the top is the U-channel I used for the top and bottom of the frame. I guess the light bulb was to show I had an idea? LOL!

Here I was drilling the holes in the end of the frame members that hold the top and bottom.

This photo is just a closeup of the photo above. I also rounded over the sharp edges.

The 2 side members are just about roughed out.

In the photo below I was test fitting the 2 side pieces to see if I got somewhat close to the existing screws on the OEM dash gauge cover.

This photo I was trying to show the 2 side members and the top and bottom U-channel that will hold the tablet.

Slightly different view of the U-channel. It’s ½ inch.

Here I show the holder with the sides and the bottom U-channel.

Perhaps this photo does a better job in showing where I’m going.

Now that I have the sides and bottom roughed in, let’s work on the top U-channel.

I opted to screw the frame together. Here I’m tapping out one of the connections.

I used some very small screws that I cut so they would just barely protrude into the u-channel. I filed the screws off so they were flush with the inside of the u-channel.

Here’s the screw with a bit of locktite on it.

The frame is roughed out.

Just a photo showing the u-channel

Let’s see what the roughed out frame looks like on the instrument gauges.

I wanted the tablet frame to float above the OEM gauges. I did this by using a nylon bushing to raise it from the surface as you see here.

Here it is on the instrument gauge. I still need to clean it up. You’ll notice the left side is a bit wider than the right side. I did this so it would be easier to slide the tablet into the holder.

In this photo, I have the tablet in the frame so you can see how it fits.

I also wanted to add a way to capture the tablet in the frame. I was concerned it would vibrate out during travel. So, I added a small nylon threaded thumbscrew on the top of the frame’s u-channel.

Rear view of the frame.

Just a photo of the top u-channel and the yet to be installed thumbscrew.

This photo shows it cleaned up and installed. The bottom u-channel is shorter than the top because the ports to connect the usb connector are located there.

Here is a shot with the tablet in the new holder. As you see, the 2 air pressure gauges are very visible.

Side view of the tablet.

Top view of the tablet in the frame. Note the nylon thumbscrew on the top.

Time to connect the SilverLeaf interface box to the coach engine link. In my case, it was located at the bottom of the steering wheel column as you see here. It’s the round connector.

I just happened to have a flat surface on the steering column just above the engine link that worked our perfect to mount the interface box.

This final photo shows the tablet in the holder, connected to the coach, and showing the SilverLeaf monitoring parameters.

I’ve used this about 7 months since I first installed it. I’ve adjusted the SilverLeaf screen layout several times to focus on the parameters most important to me.

I find it very useful having a better idea of how the coach is operating.

Take care!

Dave
Old 03-03-2018, 04:30 PM   #150

Dave, do you still have the cover with fuse schematic/diagram in your drivers side 1st compartment? Some shop took mine out a long time ago and forgot to put it back.
I’ve only been able to find one for a 2002 Revolution on here. Fleetwood emailed me one, but it’s in reverse.

If you still have it, I sure would appreciate a good photo I can print. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A6966307-FDD7-44EA-BBC9-9916FC987354.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	313.7 KB
ID:	194443   Click image for larger version

Name:	AF98C2B8-1625-4C82-82FC-0514FA0D8762.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	288.6 KB
ID:	194444  

Old 03-04-2018, 07:01 AM   #151

I have a 2004 Revolution 40C. I can send you a picture of my fuse diagram if you haven’t gotten one.
Ront77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:32 AM   #152

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVideo View Post
Dave, do you still have the cover with fuse schematic/diagram in your drivers side 1st compartment? Some shop took mine out a long time ago and forgot to put it back.
I’ve only been able to find one for a 2002 Revolution on here. Fleetwood emailed me one, but it’s in reverse.

If you still have it, I sure would appreciate a good photo I can print. Thanks!
CaptainVideo,

I attached 3 photos showing the fuse layout for my 03 40C. Let me know if it helped or if I can provide anything else.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2003 Rev 40C Lower Fuse Panel.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	403.0 KB
ID:	194936   Click image for larger version

Name:	2003 Rev 40C Left Fuse Panel.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	373.4 KB
ID:	194937  

Name:	2003 Rev 40C Right Fuse Panel.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	194938  
Old 03-08-2018, 11:39 AM   #153

Thumbs up

Thanks so much! Exactly what I needed
Old 05-21-2018, 07:56 AM   #154

Following your lead in the refrigerator conversion. It’s hapoening today. Thanks for your posts! Very helpful!
Jeff
Saddlebag57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
40c, batteries, bcc, beltline moulding, caps, directv, ecu error code 539, fantastic fan, isc 350, led, projects, refrigerator, residential refrigerator, revolution, silverleaf, surge tank, thermostat issue, transient suppressor, wall seperation