Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #15
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
We've got the booth dinette. Sarah's right about the difference. Our tabletop comes off & rests on cleats (1/2 seen in photo below) attached to each side of the dinette, then the dinette back cushions come off & go face down on the tabletop to make into the bed-ette. With Sarah's (i.e. facing dinette) there are no cleats for the table top to rest on to become a bed; instead the dinette cushions jackknife together to make into a bed.

Not sure why the call the one a facing dinette though - I "face" Dave in the booth dinette as well.

Lori-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010056.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	288.2 KB
ID:	37460  
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
If the table top is not part of your cushion support then I'd have to agree it would not work.
Dang. I'm stuck with that stupid aluminum table leg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
We've got the booth dinette. Sarah's right about the difference. Our tabletop comes off & rests on cleats (1/2 seen in photo below) attached to each side of the dinette, then the dinette back cushions come off & go face down on the tabletop to make into the bed-ette. With Sarah's (i.e. facing dinette) there are no cleats for the table top to rest on to become a bed; instead the dinette cushions jackknife together to make into a bed.

Not sure why the call the one a facing dinette though - I "face" Dave in the booth dinette as well.

Lori-
Yeah, they should have called it "jack knife" or something. Odd that Fleetwood CS couldn't explain the difference to me last year. Maybe I should call them and clue them in.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:50 AM   #17
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post

Lori-
That table looks inviting , Lori. What time is dinner ? They made good use of that material. We have the exact same in our 08. Ain't it nice ?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #18

Our dinette is like Sarah's with the cheesy table leg which made access a little awkward. I solved that problem by remounting the leg outward to the center of the table. Now we can slide in easily.
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #19
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Our dinette is like Sarah's with the cheesy table leg which made access a little awkward. I solved that problem by remounting the leg outward to the center of the table. Now we can slide in easily.
I'll ask because I know she will . How about a pic ?

Old 04-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Hey Martin! How are you liking the Bounder? And Cliff is right...we need to see this table revision!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
That table looks inviting , Lori. What time is dinner ? They made good use of that material. We have the exact same in our 08. Ain't it nice ?
Hasn't looked like that since we bought it. It's more of a catch all for stuff than a dining table. We rarely eat at the table & when we do, I always stub my toes on that dang leg. Usually we're either cooking on the campfire & eating at the picnic table at our site or we find a mom&pop place the locals recommend & eat out.

The Dream Dinette table John put in is really the way to go. I was eyeing them in the vendor section at the FMA Rally in Goshen last year. They're really nice & operate smoothly.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #22

OK, you asked for the pics so here they are. Quite a simple mod. really. It just gets the leg out of the way on initial access. Lighting is from the additional eyeball reading lamp (with a Starlight LED spot), I fitted in the underside of the cabinet above.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-526171546.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	455.4 KB
ID:	37597   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-514385872.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	358.2 KB
ID:	37598  

MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #23
Community Administrator

Thanks Martin. You just made a big hit with the Bounder Ladies.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
OK, you asked for the pics so here they are. Quite a simple mod. really. It just gets the leg out of the way on initial access. Lighting is from the additional eyeball reading lamp (with a Starlight LED spot), I fitted in the underside of the cabinet above.
Looks great!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Here is a picture of the dinette we have. Or I should say will have....we pick it up tomorrow. I think I will enjoy that there is no leg.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	37640  
Old 04-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #26
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You have the Dream Dinette, they're worth every penny well dollar that they charge. It's a very sturdy set up.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #27

Talking Dream Dinette Install with matching molding

Just installed my Dream Dinette. Not a big challenge, just a little time and measure twice. Although I had no installation instructions I viewed some previous posts pics and saw how it is supposed to fit.

I was able to purchase some bullnose molding from Fleetwood Parts to match my existing laminate countertop and I had an extra piece of countertop from a previous modification. I made the top stop from the old countertop material and added the bullnose molding. It looks factory as everything matches. I'll attempt to add some pics here:

Taking advice from a previous post I kept the old support leg and used a clamp to keep it out of the way unless needed. Also I routed the table top to fit closer to the wall (another previous poster). What a pleasure to operate the bed option now. No more fighting with the bracket to attach the table back into place. Even my wife can do it with ease.

The hardest part was trying to fill the old holes in the wall. A little white silicone and pencil lead dust helped.

No reinforcement needed. The wall is backed with aluminum where the old dinette bracket screwed on.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0951.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	43896   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0949.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	270.5 KB
ID:	43897  

Name:	DSCN0955.jpg