RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2019, 05:32 PM   #1

Question on HEATING systems

I have a 2008 Bounder 38F DP with two roof A/C-heat pumps and two LPG furnaces. At times when I've fired up the heat at first I'll have my thermostat set for electric heat and when the heat comes on BOTH the LPG and the roof mounted heat pump kick on. If I have the T-stat set for gas, just the LPG fires up. Later, once the coach is warmed up it seems that just the heat pump comes on and cycles based on demand. I thought maybe it had to do with outside temps but it appeared to work the same last week when the outside temps dropped down in the 30's. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve
stevewitt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2019, 05:36 PM   #2

If you set the thermostat 4 degrees above the temp in the coach the LP furnace kicks in.
Deep Water D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:15 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Plus if the heat pumps can't keep the set temperature, the furnace will kick on and run along with the heat pumps. So if the outside temps fall below 40 degrees or so, just switch over the furnace. If the temps are above 40 degrees but you need the warm the coach up, just set the thermostat for 3 degrees above current room temp. Once you hit that temp, raise the thermostat another 3 degrees, repeat until you hit your desired temperature.
paddler1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:19 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Water D View Post
If you set the thermostat 4 degrees above the temp in the coach the LP furnace kicks in.
yep
if the temp set or desired is 3 or 4 degrees more than current room temp it will kick on both heat pump and the gas furnace

and in a few minutes the gas will kick off if temps have risen by a few degrees, each unit or brand has its own settings internally

also if just the heat pump is running and room temps fails to rise x degrees in x amount of time it will kick on gas to supplement.

if you want the gas furnace not to come on, try setting the desired room temp to 3 degrees above the actual room temp, then watch and see if room warms up. Then you can increase room temp gradually if desired

my air excell book has to much detail for the above. so thats it in a nutshell to
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2016 Expedition or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:03 PM   #5

Stevewitt. My 2006 Expedition works exactly the same way. We winter in Arizona. The mornings can be very chilly. We like the way the system works. But we add a small cube electric heater to keep the floor warmer and less noise from the heat pumps.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, heating, heat