Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Questions about a Pace Arrow Vision

more questionsmy wife and I are looking at purchasing a motorhome to live in full time. Please bear with us we have a few questions as we have not looked at many in person yet but from doing a bit of research on the internet and viewing videos on youtube we have a few questions.

one possibility at the moment is a Pace Arrow Vision
It appears as though there are controls above the entry door( room slide and not sure what else), my wife is vertically challenged (only 5 foot) as well has had a stroke so has some mobility limitations (left side weakness). Is there an easy way to build a cover and or step to go over the entry steps so she can reach the controls and also not have to worry about her or one of our miniature pinschers falling down?
how much distance is between the cupboards and the couch when the slide is in?
how much space at the end of the bed when the slide is in?
how big is the shower? for use of a stool or bench for having a shower?
How much space around the toilet, possibly to put on extension arms or a riser seat

Is the basement heated?
being as we live in Canada we are also thinking about other cold weather features- double pane windows etc

Thank you in advance for your help
wllmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

What year is this Pace Arrow?
Old 11-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
sorry it is a 1999 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 11-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that model. However, I did find some photos of the RV interior that may be helpful. Click on the individual photos on this website to see larger pics... 1999 Pace Arrow Vision By Fleetwood 36B for Sale - A701 - PPL Motor Homes

Here is a link to the Owner's Manual for the '99 Vision... http://fleetwoodrv.com/partsandservi...ROW_VISION.pdf

Also, Fleetwood Customer Service might be able to help you with specific questions. You can call them at 800-322-8216.

Good luck!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
If it's like our 98 PA Vision 36B, here's my answers:

The only controls above the entry door are the front slide out and the battery disconnect. On ours, the can easily be reached by standing on the barrel chair (our 8 year old (a bit over 4' now) has been able to but building a platform / step cover should be pretty trivial (I had planned on building one but never got around to it. I think you'd just have to screw 'rails' into each side and then cut a board to fit the whole.
You're probably looking at a different floorplan since our cupboards aren't in front of the sofa but with our slide in, we could do everything in the front. There's not tons of room but there's at least 1 foot between the dinette booth / sofa and anything on the other side.
The bed goes right up to 'dresser table' when the rear slide is in. I know some floorplans didn't have the 'dresser table in the back in which case, there would probably be about 8-10" of space I'm guessing.
Shower is not big but you could probably get a small stool in there.
There's not tons of room around the toilet and anything you put would probably block some access to the door and shower but you could probably put short extension arms or even better arms that swing up and down so they aren't in the way.
I think there is some heat that goes into the basement but overall, I don't think they are very suited for anything below freezing.

Hope this helps.
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Our granddaughter lives with us. She has a 16 month boy. I built a step cover to keep him from falling into the step well. I made it thick enough to support an adult. (in case they should step on it.) I measured the hole in the step well. Cut out the 5/8 plywood. Trimmed it to fit snugly. Bought 1 and 1/4 aluminum angle. I countersunk the screw holes in the aluminum and installed the aluminum on the front and rear and inside edge of the board. It works very well and is easy to install and remove.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
than you for the comments. I guess actually it would be the dinette across from the cupboards when the slide is closed. I was thinking space to walk from front to back while slide is closed
Old 11-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
Our granddaughter lives with us. She has a 16 month boy. I built a step cover to keep him from falling into the step well. I made it thick enough to support an adult. (in case they should step on it.) I measured the hole in the step well. Cut out the 5/8 plywood. Trimmed it to fit snugly. Bought 1 and 1/4 aluminum angle. I countersunk the screw holes in the aluminum and installed the aluminum on the front and rear and inside edge of the board. It works very well and is easy to install and remove.
Mine is no where near as nice as Ga Travelers, but I built this to keep my Katie from falling down the stair well and the nieces and nephews....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-01-29_12-46-30_991.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	49991   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-01-29_12-43-45_758.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	49992  

Old 11-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wllmap View Post
than you for the comments. I guess actually it would be the dinette across from the cupboards when the slide is closed. I was thinking space to walk from front to back while slide is closed
I have a 96 and the distance between the counters and dinette is 27". I don't have a slide but I would not expect the distance to be any less. These models are "wide body" meanining they are 102" wide, all the aisle areas are ample. The hallway is 24" at the pantry, 26" otherwise.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	49997   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	49998  

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	49999  
Old 11-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockx View Post
I have a 96 and the distance between the counters and dinette is 27". I don't have a slide but I would not expect the distance to be any less. These models are "wide body" meanining they are 102" wide, all the aisle areas are ample. The hallway is 24" at the pantry, 26" otherwise.
Actually in our 98 36B (has front slide for dinette and sofa) the distance is quite a bit less than 27" since part of the counter is angled away from the wall. The sofa is also quite a bit closer to the barrel chair since there is a storage unit behind. You can certainly use it with the slide it but it's pretty tight (I wouldn't be surprised if there's only 18" between the dinette and the counter at the narrowest part) and it's really designed to be used with the slide out.
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pace arrow