Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #1

Questions about Bounder

I have been shopping for MHs. Over the internet, at RV shows, at RV dealers. Seems like I have more questions now than when I started shopping. I'm not new to RVs or even MHs but it seems like salesmen almost don't want me to know the answers.

I have narrowed it down to the Bounder 33C on the 22,000 GVWR chassis. Probably a 2012 or 2013 model.
Compared to other brands it appears the Bounder is built fairly well. My question is does the furnace heat actually go into the basement area by the tanks? Is there any other heating in the basement in addition to the furnace heat? I have heard some MHs run engine heat down into where the tanks are i.e. electric 12 volt heaters. Some have light bulbs although we don't always have electrical power when we camp in freezing weather. Not sure I want to run my generator all night. The heating of the fresh, grey and black tanks with furnace heat is important to us.

The other question I have is the Bounder 33C on the 22,000 GVWR chassis has a 208.3 inch wheel base. Allowing 3 ft in front, 17 ft 4 inch wheel base, leaves about 14 ft ft behind rear wheels. Will that short wheel base be a problem? I drove another model Fleetwood, a Southwind 32VS, and it seemed OK in town but on the interstate will a MH with that short wheel base have more problems with wind? I have read that steer safe and the rear stabilizers help. ( I had steer safe on a MH years ago) Am I just being overly concerned? I know there is tail wag around corners and I'm not that concerned about that. We just have to keep an eye on the mirror, especially on tight corners.

Wonder if anyone on this forum has that short 208.3 wheel base? What problems, if any, they have encountered?

BTW, in addition to the apparent good quaility of the Bounder, DW wants the Washer/dryer. The Bounder 33C is one of the few MHs at 34 ft that has the washer dryer. Only 2 of us. We're old and retired ranchers

In 1989 we did own a 34 ft Pace Arrow on the 454 chev chassis and with steer safe it seemed OK but not sure about some of these new chassis. I like the V10. I have a F250 with a V10.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Fleetwood has a hose that is connected to the heater plentum. It is about a two inch hose. Every time the furnace comes on, it sends heat to the basement water area. Make sure you keep the basement doors closed for this to work. The only customers who had any problems were the ones who brought the sewer hose out the door and not through the access panel at the bottom of the water compartment.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I'm sure you'll be very happy with the 33C Bounder. Bounders are a good "bang for the buck" IMO. Come spring, we'll be starting our 8th season with our 36Z Bounder & still love it.

The propane furnace is ducted through the underbelly so it'll provide heat to your tanks & lines.

I've got the 228" wheelbase so I can't answer that part of your question. I know ours came with some sort of stabilizer on the rear, but not on the front. Have been considering it as we do seem to have a good deal of sway. There are at least 2 iRV2 members who have 33C's & hopefully they'll pop on to answer that.

We pondered over the W/D with ours but are glad we got it. It sure won't hold much & it takes a long time to dry (110v vs a home dryer on 240V) but it's nice to do small loads as we need to & I do use it a lot to dry bath/beach towels between uses.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

We own the 2012 33C and have no complaints about the short wheelbase; the size suits us fine. We have never been in extreme wind conditions, however. (And if we were, we'd likely park for a while. ) Due to the long rear overhang, we use caution when negotiating steep driveways and sharp turns. The 33C is our first RV of any kind, so we really have no basis to compare how it handles compared to others. I'd recommend taking a long test drive of the unit you plan to purchase.

We have been very pleased with the build quality of our Bounder. Good luck.

Tags
bounder