RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2015, 07:48 AM   #1

Rain gutter extenders

Can anyone recommend a rain gutter extension for a 2015 Bounder 33c.. I've read comments about being to big, to small or won't stay on. Is there one that really works???
bulldog620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2015, 11:32 AM   #2

Posting just so i remember to look back.

I am also looking for something to divert the water that comes out of the little gutter on the front of the rv. Right now if I let the leveler level without my input water will run forward and down right where the driver and passenger windows are. Leaves my clean and clear windows in need of cleaning.

I saw some at comping world or whatever one day and they looked to be be much bigger and only came in white which would not look good.

Mine is a 2013 33c
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 12:25 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I saw them in white or black but like others have said, they look too big. I too need something to take the water away from the window and side wall. The stains are a pita.
Old 08-16-2015, 12:47 PM   #4

I picked this up from another post on Irv2. Take a plastic beverage bottle and cut strips, trim to fit, and fix them in place using clear silicone. Mine are about 3" long and do a good job keeping the drips away from the sides.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	103518  
Old 08-16-2015, 01:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
I picked this up from another post on Irv2. Take a plastic beverage bottle and cut strips, trim to fit, and fix them in place using clear silicone. Mine are about 3" long and do a good job keeping the drips away from the sides.
Dennis,
Interesting idea, thanks I'll work on it..
Old 08-16-2015, 01:49 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
I've seen two guys now, using wooden clothes pins. I put some on last week, will let you know how they work.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:00 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Gutter Spouts

I got gutter extenders from www.anyrvparts.com that slide right into the gutters on my 2016 Bounder The are part #518961 for the right side and 518962 for the left side. I did have to ad a little silicone to completely seal them to the side of the motorhome. Installation took less than 15 minutes and they work great. They cost about $16 including shipping but worth the extra few bucks for the ease of installation.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:44 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought mine at Wally World. Inexpensive and fit snug. I also used some silicon to keep them in place.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:01 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rain gutter extenders

I see anyrvpart.com describes them as a fleetwood part and the part that attaches to the gutter is much thinner than the ones I have seen at local RV stores so I assume they are the right ones. Now I just have to find someone that has black ones or I guess I could paint them but not sure how long the paint on them would last.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:03 PM   #10

I have the extensions that you all are talking about installed. But, what I did was to extend those out about 3" to keep the water away from the coach. Being clear plastic they are barely visible, unlike a clothes pin which in fact does work....
Old 08-17-2015, 12:41 AM   #11

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
I see anyrvpart.com describes them as a fleetwood part and the part that attaches to the gutter is much thinner than the ones I have seen at local RV stores so I assume they are the right ones. Now I just have to find someone that has black ones or I guess I could paint them but not sure how long the paint on them would last.
Just use a paint designed for plastics, such as Krylon's Fusion.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:37 AM   #12

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Just use a paint designed for plastics, such as Krylon's Fusion.
Smart woman here...
Old 08-17-2015, 01:08 PM   #13

You can use silicone if you like but Fleetwood uses no silicone. You can use OSI QUAD clear from HD. Matches product used in the factory. While in Decatur at Fleetwood's repair facility, the coach next to me came in with silicone slathered across his cap. Said there was a leak somewhere. They, Fleetwood, nearly chased him out and he got nothing done. Once that stuff is on your coach, it's nearly impossible to remove completely. Just my suggestion.
WOODYDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:59 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
So this quad clear is the stuff they use to seal things such as the mirror bases and the lighted grab handle? If that's it, I love the stuff! And it goes on ultra thin