Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2015, 05:57 PM   #1

Rand McNally GPS

Have a Rand Mc Nally GPS /Sirius unit in my MH and no book. How do I update the mapping?
Also is there a way to change the map orientation so North isn't always at the top. I prefer the road ahead being up.

thanks

pointrow
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2015, 07:03 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I suppose it may depend on which model Rand McNally you have, but on my 710 trucker model I just tap on the screen lower right on the compass indicator and three options are presented North up and Heading up and 3D view. Also depending on which map or magnification you use it may default to whatever. To update you need to connect to the internet with a usb cable and download their docking software from their website. Mapping update procedure as well as pricing options can be found there. I choose lifetime maps. Good Luck

Rand McNally Support Dock Software
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:12 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
You may have the same infotainment center that I have in my 14' Expedition. Go to this link and you will find the manual for the GPS as well as the infotainment center. The GPS data is contained on an SD card accessed from the front of the unit, however the last time I went to update mine there was not enough memory left on it to contain all of the new data. Follow the instructions in the Rand McNally manual (2013 version) and it will give you the phone number to get a free replacement SD card double the size with all of the latest updates..

Hope this helps.

XSG2NA-X2S | Search Results | RiverPark
Aweese is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gps