Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2017, 06:50 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Range hood status and switches

My water pump wants to run all the time and I can't turn it off with the switch on the range hood. (I had to disconnected the wire at the pump to shut it off)

Two questions:

1) how do I get to the wiring behind the switches on the hood? i.e I want to check and see if I have a bad switch.

2) Anyone have an electrical diagram for all the switches and stuff on the range hood
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #2

I was looking at range hoods with sensor readouts last week. I noticed there are a few different manufacturers. Any labels on yours to tell who made it?

I just searched on eBay. Some of the items offered show the wire harnesses, and some give the names of manufacturers. I expended the search from there.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:04 PM   #3

Walter21
Make and model + year of your RV is very important in this forum as we cannot see what you are looking at.
I have a 2000 bounder 36s. My range hood stopped working so I took out the filter, pulled the fan blade off and lowered the air metal. Found an electric switch by outside louver. A little CRC and good to go.
Hope this helps
Old 03-13-2017, 03:06 PM   #4

About the water problem check the pressure switch
Old 03-13-2017, 09:26 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Its snowing a blowing right now, I'll go out and get a photo of it tomorrow.

My RV type, model, year etc are in my signature. We just picked this "New to Me" Southwind up on Saturday. When I got home, I noticed the water pump was running and I couldn't turn it off with the switch thats on the range hood. I had to disconnect the pump wires to stop it.

The tanks are empty and winterized, so there isn't any need to run the pump..

Hopefully its just a bad switch in the range hood, but after looking at it, I didn't see any obvious screws or anything on how to get to the backside of that switch.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:27 AM   #6

My deepest apologies. I cannot see your signature on my screen.
Joe
Old 03-14-2017, 07:33 AM   #7

Here are some Web links from my own search. Some links don't show products with monitoring panels, but may help you figure out how they are assembled.

http://ventline.com/monitoring_systems
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...gD7yeSvkM7O-Sw
VENTLINE RV CAMPER MOTORHOME TRAVEL TRAILER OVEN RANGE HOOD FAN LIGHT FACE PLATE | eBay
*NEW* ENM RV RANGEHOOD MONITOR PANEL CONSOLE SWITCH MOTORHOME | eBay

Also, on our coaches the microwave has been over the range hood. Removing the microwave may provide access to the range hood internals from above.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:20 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
YUP - Ventline, Thats it.... I went out and took a couple photos, Also played with the switches a little.

The water pump switch is definitely bad, hard to press. The hood light switch is also hard to press, but it works.

Looks like I'll replace a couple switches and hopefully this will solve the problem. Maybe this weekend I'll pull the microwave out and see if I can get to the hood screws from the top.

I just ordered three switches. $6 each
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HoodSwitches_1_800.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	154802   Click image for larger version

Name:	HoodSwitches_2_800.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	154803  

Click image for larger version

Name:	HoodSwitches_3_800.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	154804  
Old 03-14-2017, 02:40 PM   #9

Does the water pump switch near the toilet still work?
Elwood58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:57 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm not sure if I have one in the batch? I'll need to look this weekend.

There is one the wet bay, where the dump valves are. That switch is a momentary, I suspect its used for running the pump to flush the tanks. I cant tell if that switch works because the pump is always getting power.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:24 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Same panel as my 2003 Flair. The switch itself will pop out fairly easily. Just use a thin blade putty knife and pry easily from the top an bottom. I have found that there are typically long enough wires to allow this. You may want to pull the fuse first
RandalVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:34 PM   #12

If your WP switch is momentary like you said, you will have a 'pump controller' somewhere that controls the pump. Likely you have two WP switches, one in bath and one on the range hood. Pump controller is basically a relay that allows either switch to control the pump with a 'momentary' command. Nice to have the two switches. Like others have said, switches can be fixed with a spray of contact cleaner, or taken apart and a little rubbing alcohol will usually fix em right up.

Ventline is still around, although they may not still carry your range hood panel.

http://www.ventline.com/

Try these folks who can repair your panel

https://www.mmrvelectronics.com/
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:17 PM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Randal - GREAT IDEA. Illl give that a try. I'll also see if there is another switch in the bathroom
Old 03-18-2017, 06:33 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Went out this morning and looked. There is a MOMENTARY switch in the bathroom. Later today, I'll remove the pump switch from the range hood. I got new switches, but they are the wrong ones (ON-OFF-ON). I need a ON-OFF, for the water pump (I think).

I'll stop by Camping world this afternoon and see if they have any in stock.

Tags
switch