Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
bjo

RE-placing Fogged windows

I would like to tell you about my fogged windows we bought a second hand 04 bounder fleetwood we were so excited about our new "MH" to us, we didnt ck out the windows you live and learn but for the most part that was the only thing that was in a mess,at first I just thought they need to be clean,"NOT" and the Driver side was very bad, and what I did to fix em. first thing I went to an "RV"show and ran across a man set up inside about window's ect, and he told us about a place and gave us the Name "SUNCOAST DESIGNERS,INC" IN HUDSON FLA.they can fix Fogged Windows.
we called em talk w/em set up time to go, which we left on Christmas day 2010, So we turn it into a min trip for us @ suncoast they have about 10 campsites w/hook up's and dump station, they can fix any amount window's you wont we need 9
window's fix, they come in your "RV" took down the window treatment then take out the window, they take your double payned window out and run it through a long process, you can tour there warehouse were they are doing this and see what they do.your window is better than when it was new,plus you get a warrenty.they were actually wking on a new "MH" that had not even been sold resealing window's, while we were there we saw "MH"come and go having this done some had more window's than us being done,everone either new someone that had been there or had found out about this place.
I can only say great things about this place and my windows look fantasticand were
glad we had done,now to us our "MH" looks Great.
Just wonted to share
thanks
Bonnie
bjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Had all of ours done in Jan 2010 and have nothing but great things to say about SunCoast Designers and there is a dump station on the road and when we were there they were adding several more sites to park in.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #3
bjo

well they got enough site now I'm with you nothing but great things to say about "Suncoast Designers" they do a Top notch Job
Bonnie
Old 01-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
To bad they dont have one in Arizona. I have some fog that I would love to get fixed.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm going there in May for one window. Not fogged up.
But real dirty inside. Happens to be the one I look out, when at the kitchen table & on the PC.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #6

Fogged windows

On your message about getting fogged windows fixed, you failed to say if this was cheaper than buying new ones? I replaced several windows on my american traditon after presuring mfg. They did not want to do this,but did send windows,but it was my responsibilyto pay labor, all went well at first,as factory said they would pick up labor,unfortunly i was given some false info on some of the windows,so was out of luck with others. Still have some fogged mwindows,but dont know which is the best way to go. Michael motor home owner.
wendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #7
bjo

after these Guys fix your windows they will be better than new windows because they use better material to fix the windows than the new windows maufactor's will use.. the cost will be about $200. a window.
. We are very happy with ours..
good luck Michael
Old 01-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
SunCoast Designers are great but what about opening a SunCoast Designers in California???????

Let's work on that folks,

Steve
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:04 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Let's tell Suncoast to move to Southern CAlifornia. They could certainley have my business. All of the windows in my 2005 Fleetwood Revolution started going bad 1 1/2 yrs after we purchased it new. Couldn't get Fleetwood to do nothing. So I have been advertising the type of windows that Fleetwood installs. I might also add that a lot of people after seeing my windows have had second thoughts about Fleetwood. "one happy customer will tell 10 others." " one unhappy customer will tell many many many people. I know this to be TRUE. I had my own business for 30yrs with a lot of satisfied return customers. What goes around comes around.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie-dokie View Post
Let's tell Suncoast to move to Southern CAlifornia. They could certainley have my business. All of the windows in my 2005 Fleetwood Revolution started going bad 1 1/2 yrs after we purchased it new. Couldn't get Fleetwood to do nothing. So I have been advertising the type of windows that Fleetwood installs. I might also add that a lot of people after seeing my windows have had second thoughts about Fleetwood. "one happy customer will tell 10 others." " one unhappy customer will tell many many many people. I know this to be TRUE. I had my own business for 30yrs with a lot of satisfied return customers. What goes around comes around.
Windows are a "PANE"!
Fleetwood used SEE-GEE windows in 2008 and so far so good.

Steve
Old 01-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandcar361 View Post
To bad they dont have one in Arizona. I have some fog that I would love to get fixed.
I have the twin to Sandcar's MH and have the same problem. What's the cost of each window overhaul?
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNeophytes2 View Post
I have the twin to Sandcar's MH and have the same problem. What's the cost of each window overhaul?

As bjo stated, cost is about $200 ea, BUT you've got to go to Florida to have it done by Suncoast.
Call fleetwood and ask how much for new windows including freight.

Steve
Old 01-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There's always Atwood Mobile Products in Elkhart Indiana.

$100 for sliders, $75 for stationary glass, plus shipping. Call 1-574-266-4829 ask for Sue Phillips.
Old Bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie-dokie View Post
Let's tell Suncoast to move to Southern CAlifornia. They could certainley have my business. All of the windows in my 2005 Fleetwood Revolution started going bad 1 1/2 yrs after we purchased it new. Couldn't get Fleetwood to do nothing.
I am in So Cal and I am having mine done by Dave Root

Dave Root Rv Glass Repair

He is in Oregon but comes to So California area to do work. I hope to have mine done by him in April on his next trip down. There is another thread here with some good comments on his work.

His estimate in less than half of replacing them. But he does in on site in day or so and I don't have to take the rig somewhere and leave it. Convenience means a lot to me in my elder years!

Bob

Southern California
BZam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder