Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2022, 02:41 PM   #15

Rear AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooduff View Post
So the 20 amp circuit must have its own transfer switch? If i could find it that would give me a good as to what the problem is. Its possible that the transfer switch is bad and somebody just tied into the 30 amp circuit
There is a thread on this with a diagram explaining how to set up a separate power source for the rear A/C. I may have printed it so if you cannot find it send me a note and I will see if I still have it.

Chris
32vSouthwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2022, 03:42 PM   #16

I have a 2011 Fleetwood Terra class A. It came with 2 ac units on a 30amp platform. The wiring has not been changed (best I can tell) and the 20amp breaker on the generator goes nowhere. I figured this out by removing the metal cover on the 120 volt junction box at the generator. Only the 30 amp lead from the generator is connected to the coach wiring. Then it goes back to the transfer switch and then to the converter and a/c units.

I'm planning on converting the coach to 50amp and upgrading the transfer switch, converter, power plug and associated wire runs.

I've had good luck working both ac units on 30amps from the genny or shore, but have to limit other loads while both are working. I did find out I have a mach 1 and mach 3 power saver units.

2011 Fleetwood Terra 34DS
Pretaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 05:54 PM   #17

I have done the mod to allow running the second ac (the one that should be feeding off the 20 amp breaker on your generator) off a separate 20 amp feed line and it is a real winner. It allows everything in my RV to run all the time without shedding, acts very much like I have a 50 amp feed. However, mine does have the wiring correctly done before the mod.

This thread, while ultimately caused by a different problem probably has some info that will help you as work through diagnosis:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/run...or-547769.html
Old 07-20-2022, 08:38 AM   #18

Transfer switch

I know that my motor home is a different model but when I bought it I had a similar issue with the a/c's. I found a relay in a metal box under the bed that had been wired around because of a burned diode and resistor on the relay. This is a transfer switch for the generator.
jeepster87mj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rear