Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2022, 07:06 PM   #1

Rear A/c

I have a bounder 34 d. If i run both ac units with gen on it trips 30 amp breaker on gen. I can turn the 20 amp breaker on or off everything works the same. Apparently somewhere my rear ac that is supposed to be on 20 amp gen breaker is tied to the 30 and nothing is on the 20. Anybody have a schematic of rear ac wiring.
Tooduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2022, 08:58 PM   #2

Bet po has messed with wiring.. they often do.. trying desperately to run both a/c on one 30amp shore line.. dose your front a/c turn on or off when you trip the 20amp breaker ..?
Good luck and keep us posted
Old 07-11-2022, 01:31 PM   #3

No. The 20 amp breaker doesnt seem to affect anything. From the regular breaker box the front a/c is on the breaker labeled ECC. The rear a/c is on its on breaker labeled air condition
Old 07-11-2022, 02:36 PM   #4

You need to dig around for a second auto transfer switch and a AC selector switch.

The wiring may have been changed to get both on 30amp shore power. Typically, you select one or the other unless the generator is running and then they both work.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 04:03 PM   #5

Is there a seperate transfer switch for the rear ac. Thats what i have been wondering and where could it be. I see there is on in the main breaker box behind the 12 v fuse panel. Thats the main transfer switch
Old 07-11-2022, 09:45 PM   #6

What yr.. and which breaker are you referring to ? Do you have intellitec ECC..? No I don't have diagrams.. so here is how mine is wired ..on the gen there are 2 breakers mounted on the side of the gen.. the right side.. outsde in gen compartment.. and 20amp does 1 a/c and 30amp does coach.. that is microwave and converter 60amp and if any power left over 1 a/c or if still power available second a/c.. but when 2 a/c on together.. look at the E CC box and it will tell you shedding.. switching one compressor off and other on.. but runs both fans.. that is when on shore power.. now when on gen power.. both a/c compressors run.. and the rest.. because gen is 48.5amps
Do you have electric and gas water heater ? I dont.. if you have electric and gas water heater.. turn water heater to gas.. double check water heater to see if po wired in electric element.. or maybe changed to different coach batteries or different converter..
When was last time you cleaned the a/c coils..? Hope that helps .. go to Intellitec.com and in support you can fine the diagrams for your model.. or close.. be ready to download..
Old 07-12-2022, 02:02 PM   #7

Thanks. I understand how it works or supposed to work. My problem is some where somebody wired the rear ac into the 30 amp gen circuit along with the rest of the MH. Im trying to figure out where this was done. If there is a seperate ATS for the rear ac thats a good place to start but i cant find any info. Will check the sight you mentioned. I have ECC but i dont think their diagram will include the 110 to rear unit
Old 07-12-2022, 09:46 PM   #8

Take your cellphone with flash on and record behind inside breaker panel.. and see if there are 2 ats.. I don't believe that someone would go to all that trouble.. they must have changed wiring at or behind breaker panel.. cellphone is your best friend and fits where your head cannot..
Old 07-13-2022, 11:24 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
If your coach is 30 amp and your front ac is wired to the ecc breaker then the front ac should run off the 20 amp gen circuit. Try this,start gen and turn off the main 30 amp breaker in your breaker box and 30 amp breaker on gen, try to start your front ac and see if it will run.
giteup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 08:37 PM   #10

Both ac units are on the 30 amp gen breaker. Ive verified that
Old 07-14-2022, 04:27 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Look right behind the main breaker box or close to it for a 6 in square black box, it should say something like transfer relay delay. the 20 amp circuit should be wired into there. I think on the 34D it might be located under the refrigerator.
Old 07-14-2022, 07:08 PM   #12

So the 20 amp circuit must have its own transfer switch? If i could find it that would give me a good as to what the problem is. Its possible that the transfer switch is bad and somebody just tied into the 30 amp circuit
Old 07-14-2022, 07:33 PM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
If you can follow the wire from the ecc breaker it will go to the transfer relay delay box you are looking for. The switching takes place inside that box.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:45 PM   #14

Someone asked you "what year". You did not respond. Mine is a 2000 36b Pace Arrow Vision. My ACs both run off either 30 amp shore power or the 5.5 Marquis generator. I can run both ACs at the same time on either gen or shore power.

Tags
rear