Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2023, 11:14 AM   #1

Rear slide not extending the last inch

Good afternoon all. I have a 2007 Fleetwood excursion. The rear bedroom slide motor went bad. It was a power gear. I bought a new lippert motor to replace it from etrailer. After swapping them out the slide will retract all the way in as it should but extends until it is about an inch from the wall. I can fit my fingers between the slide seal and the wall. I feel certain it sealed against the wall when we bought it new but now I’m having second thoughts. Has anyone else had this problem. I’ve asked a couple dealers if there is an adjustment on the slide or possibly a problem with the new motor. No one around my area seems to know. Any help is appreciated. I’ve searched the problem out on the forum and internet but couldn’t find an answer pertaining to my problem. Thanks for any assistance. Have a great day. Cliff
HD Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2023, 02:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Rider View Post
Good afternoon all. I have a 2007 Fleetwood excursion. The rear bedroom slide motor went bad. It was a power gear. I bought a new lippert motor to replace it from etrailer. After swapping them out the slide will retract all the way in as it should but extends until it is about an inch from the wall. I can fit my fingers between the slide seal and the wall. I feel certain it sealed against the wall when we bought it new but now I’m having second thoughts. Has anyone else had this problem. I’ve asked a couple dealers if there is an adjustment on the slide or possibly a problem with the new motor. No one around my area seems to know. Any help is appreciated. I’ve searched the problem out on the forum and internet but couldn’t find an answer pertaining to my problem. Thanks for any assistance. Have a great day. Cliff

Power gear has a pretty good trouble shooting web site.
How many motors on that slide?
Does the controller have set points for the closed and open positions? Post pictures of controller.
Old 03-26-2023, 04:21 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
POWER GEAR manuals ARE NOW MIXED WITH OTHERS, AVAILABLE ONLINE FREE from the Lippert/ LCI website? and maybe other websites, too?
Old 03-26-2023, 04:26 PM   #4

Thanks for the info. I will get a pic of the controller this week. It is a single motor above the floor and under the bed
Old 03-26-2023, 06:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I will get a pic of the controller this week. It is a single motor above the floor and under the bed

I believe if it has a single motor it should try to open or close until you release button. Look for something jamming it.
Old 03-26-2023, 06:37 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
... Look for something jamming it...
Agree....look for the easiest fix first.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 12:12 PM   #7

According to Fleetwood my bedroom slide is operating as it should. When i felt around the edge of the headboard i could feel a rubber gasket. This would be on the very edge of the slide. On the inside. This slide was used in other models which required this gasket to seal. On mine, if your feel further in there is a square section on metal that hits and seals the slide to the wall. So all is good now. Thanks for all the suggestions and have a great day. I hope I explained this for others to understand if needed. I was a lineman and no the smartest apple in the tree. Lol. Cliff
Old 04-04-2023, 01:48 PM   #8

Bed slide not retracting...

Quote:
Hi Cliff,

Hope this helps: The motor needs to have the limit switches (internal to the motor) set both extend and retract. The associated lippert controller has a small button you push to get into calibration mode, then push again to allow you to "jog" the motor in or out (red or green light on the controller), push to set, then switch to the opposite direction and repeat. You can google for the lippert instructions. I had this issue with the bed tilt, not the slide; but, they should/could be the same. If I can help feel free to call: five20-444-9473
Dorado 1976 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rear, slide