Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2022, 02:54 PM   #1

Rear Wheel Oil found and Speedometer

Two fold post.

I have new to me 2005 American Tradition Coach. I did a search with the VIN and found a spot where it said I have a Spartan Chassis, Mountain Master. How or where can I confirm this and get a parts diagram for the chassis? The reason I ask is today I found old in the valley of the right rear outside wheel. I called Spartan and was informed that its a wheel seal at the flange. I don't know if its a DYI job or if I need a shop to do that type of work.

2nd part - My digital odometer on the speedometer is very hard to read. Is there a good source for replacement or repair?

Thanks in advance. Love the Forum.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2022, 05:16 PM   #2

The rear outer axle seal is pretty simple. Remove the bolts or nuts, pull the axle out and swap the old seal ( gasket ) for the new one and torque the bolts/nuts to specs.

U Tube videos will be helpfull with showing how to do the job.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 06:41 PM   #3

Your post would indicate that you have a bad gasket, not a seal. Remove the axle, clean all surfaces and apply gray RTV designed for differential grease. Easy DIY job.

Richard
Old 07-03-2022, 04:26 PM   #4

I believe you do have the Mountain Master Chassis.

Here is a maintenance schedule and a drawing of the chassis itself.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Spartan Factory Inspection Checklist.pdf (1.77 MB, 7 views)
Old 07-03-2022, 04:29 PM   #5

Sorry, wrong file attached, here is the correct one:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SpartanChassisSvc.pdf (235.0 KB, 12 views)

Tags
rear, speedometer