Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2021, 12:07 PM   #1

Recovering the dog house

My wife and I are doing some remodelling in our 98 Vision 36B. When we do the floors, we want to also recover the doghouse. We're getting rid of the carpet. and installing vinyl tiles. Any suggestions on how to recover or refinish the dog house? Thought about using spray in box liner to give it a solid finish, but looking for other ideas. Thanks!
GordInWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2021, 01:38 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
We replaced the flooring in our ‘O3 Bounder...more accurately, we had a great shop do the work. Since we have a gasser, we wanted to keep the cab area carpeted for the engine noise, and opted to cover the doghouse using the new carpeting.

We also had him add insulation under the cover and it made a big difference for the engine noise .

The living area was done in laminate and the bedroom and slides were carpet. We are very happy with the results

Big Bertha - 2003 Bounder 35R
mttop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 05:10 AM   #3

JoAnn Fabrics has a “Plush” material that comes in a variety of colors, and has a stretch characteristic that allowed me to use 3M spray adhesive to attach to original carpet. I sprayed old carpet heavily with adhesive, allowing it to become tacky then placed the plush on and hand formed to dog house contours. This has held up nicely for the last 2 years of use. I was able to use a color that closely matched the vinyl on dash assembly. Just a thought.
R23DRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by R23DRVR View Post
JoAnn Fabrics has a “Plush” material that comes in a variety of colors, and has a stretch characteristic that allowed me to use 3M spray adhesive to attach to original carpet. I sprayed old carpet heavily with adhesive, allowing it to become tacky then placed the plush on and hand formed to dog house contours. This has held up nicely for the last 2 years of use. I was able to use a color that closely matched the vinyl on dash assembly. Just a thought.
This is very interesting! Any chance you have pictures? Was the original carpet underneath a smooth short pile carpet or was it longer pile? It sounds like it smoothed out nicely to the contours without being lumpy? Great idea!
Old 04-18-2021, 08:24 AM   #5

Yes this might be the way to go. Looking for options other than carpet but might just end up replacing it
Old 04-18-2021, 08:25 AM   #6

������
Old 04-18-2021, 09:15 PM   #7

Plush Fabric over dog house carpet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180711_120622[18363].jpg
Views:	47
Size:	539.4 KB
ID:	325506   Click image for larger version

Name:	COMBO 5.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	325508  

R23DRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:02 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by R23DRVR View Post
Plush Fabric over dog house carpet
Looks great! I'll look into this. Thanks!

Tags
cover, dog