Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2020, 12:08 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Red indicator on Vacuflush power switch

After camping and the Vacuflush working like a champ! After dumping black tank I used the black tank rinse at the dump station at the campground. After getting home and the next day cleaning the RV I went to use the toilet and with the 12 volt system on turned the Vacuflush power switch to on and received the red led light on the panel. Of course it will not flush due to this. I have checked the relay and seems to be good. Dometic sanitation tech said possibly something is on the tank full senser. Has anyone had this issue?

I plan to use the black tank rinse to clear the senser.
AlanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2020, 12:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanTerry View Post
After camping and the Vacuflush working like a champ! After dumping black tank I used the black tank rinse at the dump station at the campground. After getting home and the next day cleaning the RV I went to use the toilet and with the 12 volt system on turned the Vacuflush power switch to on and received the red led light on the panel. Of course it will not flush due to this. I have checked the relay and seems to be good. Dometic sanitation tech said possibly something is on the tank full senser. Has anyone had this issue?

I plan to use the black tank rinse to clear the senser.

If you are 100% sure you dumped black tank after flushing go ahead and pull the black tank lever and make sure it’s empty nothing should happen if empty and big mess if sensor works.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:23 PM   #3
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Always something with the Sucker Flusher!

I wish I had a brilliant idea but I thinks you are on the right track. Maybe mix some dishwasher soap up and dump it down the hose, run the till you think you got a close to full tank then drive to the dump.
Old 07-21-2020, 04:26 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Had some time today to address my issue. Went to Flying J to use the Dump and flush the black tank. After say 5-8 minutes of rinsing the black tank still would not flush! So I packed up and drove back to the storage lot. When I parked my rig I thought one more try I turned on the power to the Vacuflush system and it WORKED!!! YEAH thanks to my DW she asked what if I turned it off the back on, so she helped!

RRR I didn’t add any dish soap.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:38 AM   #5

Power cycle and a little more water often helps. I put a little dawn dish liquid down to keep the duck bill valves nice and clean/slippery.

I am getting ready to rebuild my pump this weekend. It has started tripping the breaker and I want to add the whisper upgrade to quiet things down.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:54 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood58 View Post
Power cycle and a little more water often helps. I put a little dawn dish liquid down to keep the duck bill valves nice and clean/slippery.

I am getting ready to rebuild my pump this weekend. It has started tripping the breaker and I want to add the whisper upgrade to quiet things down.
Where did you get the whisper upgrade? Let us know if you like it.

Tags
cat, power, switch